Evening chaps and chapesses,

Finally took the plunge and registered to comment here after browsing for a while. I've been following NF since reading a ton about primal, paleo and optimal nutrition late last year. I started Crossfit in November and just convinced my husband to do it too, though convincing him to give up bread is the bigger challenge (my personal demon is sugar)...

A little history, for those of you bored on a Friday: I'm a Brit living in California, working in technology, always with more hobbies than I really should have. I was brought up on a pretty terrible diet and was overweight from my teenage years, getting worse through college, until I decided I'd had enough and lost 70lb with the help of low-carb, low-GI, and joining a gym for the first time. I was vegetarian throughout all of this.

Unfortunately, I then moved to the USA, where ingredients are strange, corn syrup is in everything, my favourite vegetarian protein source (Quorn) is nowhere to be seen, and soy lurks behind every corner. Decided to educate myself and realised I was sabotaging my own health by staying vegetarian, so made the difficult decision to end a 14 year habit and eat meat again. My first meat? BACON of course.

I've got about 50lb to lose (30lb of which is weight I already lost once.. curse you, delicious free food at work) and Crossfit/Paleo is how I'm gonna do it. Nuff said. I just need to figure out good ways to kick that sugar habit..

Looking forward to being part of the rebellion!

~Jen

cavejen

lifting heavy stuff

putting it back down again

since 2012

~

Level 3 Cyborg Warrior

Current Challenge || Previous Challenges: (4), (3), 21 || Fitocracy

Welcome! I have no idea what Quorn is. But bacon is AWESOME.

What do you do in the technology field? I am finishing up (hopefully by December) my degree in Information Technology Management, and I can't wait to get a *real* job.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I've found Quorn (it's a mycoprotein, basically as it was explained to me during high school, mushroom "legs" :)) in Whole Foods.. but like most of Whole Foods, it's prohibitively expensive!

MirGSS - I'm a product manager at a large tech company, it's awesome. Good luck with your degree!

cavejen

lifting heavy stuff

putting it back down again

since 2012

~

Level 3 Cyborg Warrior

Current Challenge || Previous Challenges: (4), (3), 21 || Fitocracy

Welcome! I recently ended a 14 year stint as a veggie, too! And bacon is AWESOME! I put it on a lot of things.. maybe too many things :-D

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!