Here Comes a New Challenger ::sweetale::

sweetale

Alright, first challenge, let's do this! Been running a battle log for the past couple of weeks and will link to it in my sig when I get to it.

I'm a powerbuilder. I train to increase my numbers in bench press, squat, and deadlift while also training and eating to have an aesthetic physique. Over the course of the past two years, I lost 45lbs, gained back 30, lost 30, and recently gained back 10 rebuilding my strength. My 5'10 self has been sitting at 210lbs for the past month. I've recently been eating about 2800-3200 calories a day and I train about 3-4 times a week. I stopped doing cardio about a month ago.

Main Quest:

My conservative goals are to meet or beat the following 1RMs by the end of the year without getting fat (I'll make that more quantifiable in the future):

Squat = 455lbs

Bench Press = 315lbs

Deadlift = 455lbs

I haven't tested my 1RMs since last year when I was 230lbs, so here are my most recent working sets for context:

Squat: 5X5X350

Bench Press: 5X5X235

Deadlift: 5X3X385

Challenge Quests

1. Training: Train Bench Press and Squat at least twice per week and Deadlift once per week. Perform a bodybuilding style upper body accessory workout once per week. By the end of the challenge, find/develop a program that I can follow consistently through the end of September.

2. Macros: Track macros as accurately as possible 6/7 days per week. I will use MyFitnessPal for this. I will be eating the 2800-3200 calories that I've been eating for the past week and I will weigh myself daily and take weekly progress pictures. By the end of the challenge I will analyze macros/weight/appearance/strength and adjust my macro goals accordingly for the next challenge.

3. Sleep: Get 7 hours of sleep each night. I want to work my way up to 8, but for now 7 is a reasonable goal. I am a night owl and I'm at work 8-5.

4. Level up your Life: Find a new gym. I don't like my current gym because it's crowded and full of shady people. I had a pair SlingShot Gangsta wraps stolen from my bag when I was squatting. They have a ton of equipment and are powerlifter friendly, but I hate the overall scumbag vibe of the place. By the end of the challenge, I want to find a gym where I can get my training done in a clean, friendlier environment.

To get things started I'll report on today.

05/08/2016

1. Training:

Bench Press 5X5X235lbs

Deadlift 3X5X385lbs

Current Week Training Progress

Squat: 0/2

Bench Press: 1/2

Deadlift: 1/1

Bodybuilding: 0/1

2. Macros:

Ate a TON at a Mother's Day brunch. Starting off this week with my no tracking day.

3. Sleep:

I'll report on this tomorrow.

4. Gym Search:

Haven't begun, but I know which one I'm going to look at first... more on that later.

• Like 3

Lvl 2 Saiyan Warrior & Pokémon Master

Battle Log /Challenge 1

Big numbers alright.  Welcome to the Warriors!

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

15 minutes ago, ORazor said:

Very impressive lifts! What program are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! At the moment, I'm not really following a strict program. That's what I'm trying to get to by the end of this challenge. Basically, I do a 5X5 of each of the powerlifts once per week and for squat and bench I'll do an additional training sesh of triples or sets of four. I started off two years ago with StrongLifts 5X5 and for most of last year I just did what my stronger gym buddy did. Wasn't a whole lot of method to the madness. 

Battle Log /Challenge 1

Great lifts, great goals. Welcome to the warriors guild.

We should be having a virtual powerlifting competition here in June, and would love to have you compete in it.

And whereabouts do you live? On the off chance you're around St. Louis, I'm in dire need of a lifting partner.

• Like 1

Nate the Strong

Warforged Paladin

Level 8 | STR-33 | DEX-11 | STA-18 | CON-14 | WIS-17 | CHA-14

535/365/610:1510

243/243/166/277:685

'He who conquers himself is mightier than he who conquers a city.'
'Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;'

On 09/05/2016 at 1:20 PM, ORazor said:

I'm very jealous of your matching Squat and DL! My squat lags by 100lbs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish mine didn't match! An extra 50kg on deadlifts would help a lot!

Hey Sweetale and welcome to the Warriors! Nice numbers! How long have you been lifting?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, NatetheStrong said:

Great lifts, great goals. Welcome to the warriors guild.

We should be having a virtual powerlifting competition here in June, and would love to have you compete in it.

And whereabouts do you live? On the off chance you're around St. Louis, I'm in dire need of a lifting partner.

Thank you! A virtual meet sounds awesome! I've never competed, though I've definitely considered it. There's a powerlifting gym two cities away that hosts meets. I'm in So Cal, so good look with your gym buddy endeavors!

8 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

I wish mine didn't match! An extra 50kg on deadlifts would help a lot!

Hey Sweetale and welcome to the Warriors! Nice numbers! How long have you been lifting?

Thanks! If you have the same name on MyFitnessPal, I think we're friends there. Definitely have seen a SpeciealSundae in my feed. I'm PowerAJS.  I started with StrongLifts 5X5 over 2 years ago and did that for 8 months before falling off the wagon.  I rebooted my training about a year ago.

• Like 2

Battle Log /Challenge 1

Gonna keep this brief so I can accomplish my sleep goal for the night. Here's how I've been doing the past two days:

05/09/2016 - Monday

1. Training:

I did my bodybuilding/accessory lift at the apartment complex gym. The dumbbells only go up to 50lbs. I was a bit on the tired side, so I didn't superset anything and rested more than I usually do. I still got a good pump.

Standing Dumbbell Overhead Press

1X10X50

1X9X50 - Was trying to break in my compression cuffs some more, but stiff cuffs and dumbbells don't mix, so I removed them.

2X10X50

Lat Pull-Down

2X15X100

1X12X100

Incline Dumbbell Press

3X20X50

Hammer Curls

2X10X30

1X12X25

Dumbbell Press

2X25X50

1X20X50

Seated Row

3X15X85

Squat: 0/2

Bodybuilding: 1/1

2. Macros:

Calories: 2993

Protein: 217g

Carbs: 331g

Fat: 89g

3. Sleep:

Got six and some change - Fail

4. Gym Search:

A local chiropractor opened a gym in my town and it looks legit from what I've seen online. I need to pay it a visit. The local 24 hour is also an option if I want to become a really early morning person, because my sister says it's a zoo after work.

05/10/2016 - Tuesday

1. Training:

Squat Tuesday was fun. I got to try out my STrong sleeves and they're springy! Got em tight, so they're a pain to get on, but I'm sure that will get easier with use.

Squat 5X5X355

Squat: 1/2

2. Macros:

Calories: 3283

Protein: 266g

Carbs: 332g

Fat: 99g

3. Sleep:

Got just over 7 - Pass.

4. Gym Search:

See previous.

• Like 1

Battle Log /Challenge 1

Thanks! If you have the same name on MyFitnessPal, I think we're friends there. Definitely have seen a SpeciealSundae in my feed. I'm PowerAJS.  I started with StrongLifts 5X5 over 2 years ago and did that for 8 months before falling off the wagon.  I rebooted my training about a year ago.

Aha! Yes! That's me! I'm SpecialSundae pretty much anywhere you see that username.

• Like 1

Welcome Bro,  your journey seems very similar to where I was when I started.  Good luck. 

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

It's rest day. Gonna do some cleaning and get plenty of sleep. My 64oz steel water jug and 20oz coffee thermos arrived! Here's to hydration and caffeination! If I'm feeling up to it after dinner, I might make a YouTube channel so I can link you guys to my lifting videos and nerdy hobbies :D

05/11/2016 - Wednesday

1. Training:

Rest

2. Macros:

Every Wednesday is Pizza Day at work. I had two slices of pepperoni and sausage.

Calories: 3145

Protein: 222g

Carbs: 319g

Fat: 109g

3. Sleep:

7 and some change - Pass

4. Gym Search:

See previous.

Battle Log /Challenge 1

I cashed in on plenty of sleep last night and it paid off. No YouTube videos yet, but I had a great day at work and smashed my second bench press day, getting three more sets than the five I had originally planned.

05/12/2016 - Thursday

1. Training:

Bench Press 8X3X250

Bench Press: 2/2

2. Macros:

Calories: 3177

Protein: 250g

Carbs: 335g

Fat: 93g

3. Sleep:

Well over 7 - Pass

4. Gym Search:

See previous.

I'll close tonight with a little #throwbackthursday....

_Before%20and%20After%201_zpsotoapo1f.jp

Who wore it better? ;) 

• Like 7

Battle Log /Challenge 1

05/13/2016 - Friday

1. Training:

Got an ego boost and ego check all in the same workout. One of my friends was looking at my squats from my Instagram and pointed out that I've been wearing my belt too high. I watched a couple of videos on proper belt use and breathing technique and applied it tonight. I set out to do 8X3X380. My plate math was a little off and here's what happened:

Squat

1X3X400

1X3X405

4X2X405

1X1X405

Tripled 400lbs with relative ease, thinking it was 380. A guy watching me said "might as well make it 4 plates" and I realized what I had done. I made it 4 plates and after the first set, knew I wasn't going to be able to keep doing triples, so I started cranking out doubles. I was gassed after the first rep of the last set, but went for it anyway. I ended the week with one hell of a crash, but I was uninjured. This was my first time getting more than a single with anything over 400. I'm happy and will be more humble in the future :) 

Squat: 2/2

Bench Press: 2/2

Success!

2. Macros:

Enjoyed a big post workout cheat meal at Micky D's.

Calories: 4005

Protein: 240g

Carbs: 372g

Fat: 173g

3. Sleep:

7 - Pass

4. Gym Search:

Going to pay the 24 hour a visit tomorrow and schedule an appointment at the swanky gym for a tour.

• Like 3

Battle Log /Challenge 1

Welcome to the warriors!

I love the term "powerbuilder", it fits exactly how I see myself too: I want more plates on the bars, but adamantium abs and swolebro arms are great too!

• Like 1

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

6 hours ago, sweetale said:

Squat

1X3X400

1X3X405

4X2X405

1X1X405

Tripled 400lbs with relative ease, thinking it was 380. A guy watching me said "might as well make it 4 plates" and I realized what I had done. I made it 4 plates and after the first set, knew I wasn't going to be able to keep doing triples, so I started cranking out doubles. I was gassed after the first rep of the last set, but went for it anyway. I ended the week with one hell of a crash, but I was uninjured. This was my first time getting more than a single with anything over 400. I'm happy and will be more humble in the future :) 

Congrats! There's nothing wrong with hitting the crash bars, I do it at least once or twice a month. That's how we know we've given it everything we have.

• Like 3

Nate the Strong

Warforged Paladin

Level 8 | STR-33 | DEX-11 | STA-18 | CON-14 | WIS-17 | CHA-14

535/365/610:1510

243/243/166/277:685

'He who conquers himself is mightier than he who conquers a city.'
'Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;'

9 hours ago, sweetale said:

05/13/2016 - Friday

1. Training:

Got an ego boost and ego check all in the same workout. One of my friends was looking at my squats from my Instagram and pointed out that I've been wearing my belt too high. I watched a couple of videos on proper belt use and breathing technique and applied it tonight. I set out to do 8X3X380. My plate math was a little off and here's what happened:

Squat

1X3X400

1X3X405

4X2X405

1X1X405

Congratulations!! I can't wait until I am so bad ass that I accidentally squat 400. Right on! 

(I am getting the idea that messing up plate math let's us see what we can really do.)

• Like 2

"The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for."

-Oscar Wilde

Battle Log

My Character Profile

Previous Challenges: 1 ~ Current Challenge