Trying to be SuperMom (and SuperWife)

Hi,

I'm new here, just thought I'd make my introductions. I'm a wife and mother of five, work-at-home, pto, soccer, baseball, track, cross-country mom.

I used to be a runner, but I messed up my hip flexor about a year ago and I'm still recovering...running very gently and slowly, only a few days a week. I thought I would like to add strength training to my routine in order to become stronger. Running doesn't exactly help you pick up 50 lb. sacks of dog food when you need to, or 50 lb. children for that matter.

My husband used to be a weight-lifting junkie, and he's agreed to help me by teaching me to lift on an old free weights set we've had in storage for forever. I'm really excited to begin training, although I don't really have any serious goals right now, beyond getting fitter, stronger, and leaner.

Oh, I do want to be an inspiration to my husband, children, and my family and friends. And I want to live forever, and be able to have a good life the whole time. :cool-new:

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde