• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

.TIFF

Tiffany Levels up and Looks to the Future

I have been working for days to come up with a good challenge theme and I just wasn't having any of it, so I figured my birthday coming up (tomorrow) would be a good way to reflect and set some new goals up for the year.

Reflections/Plans:

As some of you know I started work on opening a fitness apparel online shop with a friend (updates on this to come soon, we have our first official design created and I seriously can't wait to show you guys).  This was in part due to the fact that I want to move home to MI, and need to find ways of making a decent income once I get there.  My second idea has been to start training people, and maybe run a set of cross training type classes.  I know I have the passion for it, and I have learned a lot (yet have a lot left to learn) so I spoke to my trainer about it and he had no hesitation in saying I was good enough to train people.  My current self-imposed issue is I don't look like a trainer because I don't know that I would go to someone who didn't.  

The initial plan is to get back up to MI in June of next year, so I have 1 year to get into a better physical form and learn all I can from my trainer about the business and see what certifications would be best for me.  

For my plan to work I need to focus on 4 main things, and honestly these may be my goals for far longer than this 4 week challenge.

Goal 1: Training

Plan for a 6 day program, 3 days strength/circuit training, 2 days cardio, 1 day stretching, and 1 rest day.

Goal 2: Drink water like it's going out of style.

A minimum of 64 oz every day.  I have made this easy to track because my boyfriend got me a bucket of gatorade (took like a week to drink it, and he was helping) which is 64oz.  I have to empty that at the least every day.

Goal 3: Find a proper nutrition plan that doesn't hinder training, but is also effective for weight loss.

The Ketogenic diet worked really well at losing weight, but I was exhausted all the time, didn't have any want to eat, and lost some decent strength.  I need to find a more balanced approach that I can stick with long term, and maybe it will eventually help others :)

Goal 4:  Get my Ducks in a row.

In order to be able to move up north again I will need to pay off any frivolous debt and practice living on a smaller scaled budget.  We will also need some training in home repair/fixing up, and sell both our places.  So this will be a multi functional goal.

Part 1: Debt payoff plan, and proper grocery allowance followed.

Set a debt payoff plan that is manageable (because I am known to be overzealous in paying off debt so I have to use a CC to get gas, ect....), and find a proper grocery budget and follow it.

• Like 2

Monday Recap:

- Bench press yesterday, hit 145 which isn't bad since I don't remember the last time we had done a bench press day.  155 is close, but no pr quite yet.

Goal 2: Drink all the water

- over 64oz of water had yesterday, the Gatorade bottle is helping.

Goal 3: So since I am looking to find a good balance I figure I actually need stats/tracking.  Saturdays will be measurement day, that way I have time to do scale, measurements, and use the Skulpt I just got (For Science!).  I will also be tracking meals through journal.

-Breakfast: Kodiak blueberry oatmeal with some coffee/heavy cream

-Lunch: KFC (Korean Fried Chicken with ginger salad, cheese rolls, and white rice) *Cheat lunch of the week

-Pre workout snack: 2 publix salami and mozzarella sticks

-Dinner: Chicken and veggies stir fried with some garlic, olive oil, a dash of soy sauce and sriracha over white rice.

-Late Night: a bit of some peanut butter gelato.

Since I hate MFP in the fact that I never measure out what I cook, and I cook often I've decided my food journal will be on the youfood app.  I am TiffanyD if anyone want's to check it out, it's simply pictures or written out form of what you have eaten/done for exercise/ect.

So not the greatest start, too many carbs though I don't feel like a hot air balloon today so not too bad.

Goal 4:  Found a debt payoff calculator I like, and started putting in everything that I want paid off before the move.

Tuesday Recap:

- I let my boyfriend talk me out of the elliptical last night (it was my birthday and we were enjoying The Newsroom).  I did however get the interval training in this morning before getting ready for work.

Goal 2: Drink all the water

- over 64oz of water had yesterday again!

Goal 3:

- Tracked breakfast and lunch on Youfood, skipped the dinner and dessert for my birthday... though I almost wish I hadn't because I made some very awesome linguine with white clam sauce.  As of today all the food will be journal-ed on there though, no excuses! 

Goal 4:

- Paid some bills, and put all the birthday money I received from family on my CC's

• Like 1

Yesterday/Today Update:

Workouts:

- Yesterday - Actually frustrated my trainer because he threw a total of 280lbs of sled push at me and I didn't struggle to get it moving.  I may have done a happy dance after almost dieing at the finish line.  We also did kettlebell swings for 30 seconds x 5.  I also did the max trainer in the morning for intervals as previously stated.

- Today - Just now got done with the max trainer interval session.  I am quite proud of this because I am bleh, stressed, and kind of fussy but I forced myself to do it anyway.

Water:

- Yesterday, almost 100 oz, if not above.  I only pay attention to if I have had my giant bucket of water, but I also had a 12 oz bottle during lunch and more during weight training

- Today, done, I have a few more gulps left but I am working on that now.

Food:

- Yesterday I tracked breakfast and lunch correctly..  didn't pay attention during dinner though.  Today it was basically the same, though lunch was much improved choice wise, and I almost went out instead but stayed strong.

Money Goal:

- Paid extra on another bill, but our AC died this evening and it's scheduled to be sweltering (at least for me anything above 89 is horrible) all weekend.  So all the money we were saving for a new stove will probably be eaten up by that :(

Well done telling your trainer who is boss of the weight around there! ;)

That sucks about the AC. That is the story of the year for me in trying to pay off my credit card. One unexpected expense after another. I keep telling myself that eventually I will catch up and to not stress about a 6 month relapse. The problem is that most disposable income being eaten up results in my having to buy more cheap carbs and less fresh foods. Hopefully your bank account will recover fast!

• Like 1

On 5/9/2016 at 8:42 AM, TiffanyD said:

As some of you know I started work on opening a fitness apparel online shop with a friend (updates on this to come soon, we have our first official design created and I seriously can't wait to show you guys).

Squeeeeeeeee!

• Like 2

Week One Recap:

Workouts:

- Friday - Lot's of squats and tried out some new rope work (which was killer, but I wasn't that sore surprisingly). 

New move: medium.jpg

We started with 15 seconds on each side and I got up to 25 seconds on each side by the end of it.

Water:

- I didn't keep track sat/sun but I drank plenty since I was stuck in a house without AC.

Food/Measurments:

- Beginning to think I just need to say F'it and go back to keto...  I've gained back 4 lbs that I had lost, and it just seems that carbs are a trigger for me to eat more carbs.

- I finally got to check out my skulpt chisel, and it's pretty nifty.  According to the 3 point test (tris, abs, quads) I am at around 42.5% body fat which seems high (none of the individual spots had more than 38%), but it was my first scan and it says to do the scans 3 times weekly so that it can better figure your body out.  If anything it will be a neat tool to watch progress even if it isn't as exact as I would like.  Currently I am at 187lbs, going to move that down to the low 170s in the next 2 months with an initial end goal of 164. 

Money Goal:

- The company that was supposed to come out and fix our AC canceled on us because of a job that would make more money... yet another reason to hate FL.

Trying to measure progress is basically the bane of my existence. You have my sympathy with trying to figure out body fat percentage. But like you said, at least it gives you a starting point to work from even if the number is higher than actual?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Trying to measure progress is basically the bane of my existence. You have my sympathy with trying to figure out body fat percentage. But like you said, at least it gives you a starting point to work from even if the number is higher than actual?

Well I did a quick scan again today to re-calculate bf% and it's down to 37.8% from 42.5% on saturday.  I somehow doubt I lost 4% + of it over the weekend so I don't think it's as accurate as I hoped, but oh well... it's kind of fun to see individual calculations at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

Well I did a quick scan again today to re-calculate bf% and it's down to 37.8% from 42.5% on saturday.  I somehow doubt I lost 4% + of it over the weekend so I don't think it's as accurate as I hoped, but oh well... it's kind of fun to see individual calculations at least.

I somehow lost like 2% bodyfat in one day while gaining 1.2 pounds soo....

(it's an aria fitbit scale though, so different)

I think that's just one of those things that's super hard to measure.

• Like 1

Bodyfat scale?  Biometric Impedance?  I don't doubt it.  I seem to remember reading something about a host of assumptions.  I wonder if GI weight affects Biometric Impedance.

Personally, I just use the tape measure method.  My build is pretty much "main sequence" and therefore it works well enough for me.  It has been about a half year since I tried to calibrate it and I am just not concerned enough about it to care.

Besides, the number I get affects my body image.  :needostrichsmiliehere:

• Like 2

Really I thought it was some neat tech, and it's fun to use.  I am trying not to let the results sway me too much, but even my trainer was like "this is going to mess with your head" because I told him my tri's "needed work" according to the device.  If anything it will show some sort of overall progress.  I do need to grab a fabric tape measure again, I used to do that for measurements but it went missing and I haven't gotten another to replace it.

Mid-Week update: 1.6 lbs down since Saturday

Monday - Did some resistance band training, the ab wheel of doom, and then banded speed deadlifts (95lbs, sets of 15).  Food wasn't horrible, and actually ate tacos wrapped in romaine leaves instead of tortillas.  I don't think I quite hit my goal for water, but I did have at least some throughout the day.

Tuesday - Max trainer in the morning before work, had my keto breakfast (coffee with heavy cream), the food truck for lunch which isn't part of the plan but it was so damn tasty, and a light late dinner because Ben and I were conversing all evening and didn't notice what time it was.

Today - Training after work, keto breakfast, keto friendly lunch (stewed chicken and salad), my kodiak oatmeal cup pre workout, and dinner is balsamic pot roast with carrots and salad.  I don't have my giant jug o' water with me so I will be heading to the gas station soon for a decent sized bottle (I hate the water at work).

In other news!

Shirt Business Update: We have another design pretty much finalized, and we will be doing two brand logo shirts.  Once the 4 are finished (2 are now) we will order shirts.  We decided to go with racerbacks mainly but we will be grabbing some unisex T-Shirts for in case the dudes want in on the awesomeness and for the ladies that don't want tank tops.

Also...  I have AC again, so I can actually sleep now!

• Like 1

Yay for unisex t-shirts! I don't do tank tops at the gym for the most part and am always sad when the designs i want are only offered in racerback. Also, I don't own any racerback bras! Which I know, so sad. I should work on that....

I'm excited for you!

• Like 1

End of last week update:

Workouts:

I started out friday morning with the max trainer, then had a heavy lift day.  Well at least heavier than I have gone in a while.  Deadlifts, rope work, and ball slams were on the menu.  Started of with DL, 135 for sets of 10, then 220 for sets of 4 (first half hour), rope work was 30 seconds then 5 50lb ball slams which moved up to 8 after the second set for the last half hour.  Needless to say I was in pain for the rest of the weekend and sat on my ass too much.

Water:

I haven't tracked and probably haven't had enough... need to get my ass in gear on this, especially since Ben is sick and I a starting to feel a bit crappy myself.

Food/Measurments:

Food has gone to shit to be completely honest.  I have been beat after work, or just bleh... So some days I haven't had dinner, yesterday I didn't even have a real meal (not completely my fault, Ben took me out and the place just wasn't great so neither of us had much).  Trying to get back on track with this and water intake this week...  I need to find something that will help with the extra work/stress from getting a "promotion" as in more work with no upgrade in title or pay as of right now.  This and the impending shark week are not helping my resolve to eat correctly.

Money:

So some good news, but more stress...  I had an old colleague email me to see if I am available for side work, it's pretty good money so I am going to try to get as much of it as I can and put 50% on debt, and put the other 50% away for work on the house/move.

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 1:09 PM, TiffanyD said:

Food/Measurments:

- Beginning to think I just need to say F'it and go back to keto...  I've gained back 4 lbs that I had lost, and it just seems that carbs are a trigger for me to eat more carbs.

I haven't been following very well of late. How long have you been off keto? Could the 4lb just be glycogen and water which tends to come back on in weight when you come off a low/no-carb diet?

• Like 1

I haven't been following very well of late. How long have you been off keto? Could the 4lb just be glycogen and water which tends to come back on in weight when you come off a low/no-carb diet?

I stopped sometime in late March/ early April. It very well could be water/glycogen, but I also feel bloated a lot again. Keto was giving me nice steady results so I just need to get on it and stay strict. As soon as I have a "cheat" I tend to derail completely.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I stopped sometime in late March/ early April. It very well could be water/glycogen, but I also feel bloated a lot again. Keto was giving me nice steady results so I just need to get on it and stay strict. As soon as I have a "cheat" I tend to derail completely.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah, I get bloated from time to time. Never really done keto but my carb intake can cause my weight and water retention to vary a fair bit.

I'm just miserable without ice cream!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Yeah, I get bloated from time to time. Never really done keto but my carb intake can cause my weight and water retention to vary a fair bit.

I'm just miserable without ice cream!

I actually didn't give that up completely with keto and still got decent results :D  That may be why it was easier to stick to, I could eat cheese and even ice cream at night if I planned it right.

• Like 1

Yesterday Overview:

Workout: tire flips for 1 min, last set was 1:30.  I would flip it over, run to the opposite side and flip it back to it's original location.  Then inclined leg press, I started with 180 lbs in plates for 20 reps and we worked up to 295 lbs for the last 2 sets of 20.

Food: I was not one to choose the healthiest options...  Chinese takeout may have been dinner, but I managed no bread or pasta so that is kind of a win.

Water: Goal hit for yesterday

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

I actually didn't give that up completely with keto and still got decent results :D  That may be why it was easier to stick to, I could eat cheese and even ice cream at night if I planned it right.

Homemade ice cream is amazing.   And can be very low carb...

• Like 1

Yesterday Recap:  To be completely honest with myself yesterday was horrible eating wise.  I managed to eat a whole chipolte burrito (with double meat chicken and steak)...  I haven't even been able to finish their food in years and I scarfed it down.  When I got home I ate doritos, and ice cream before dinner, and then ate dinner.  So before bed I sat down and made the best middle of the week plan possible to get through this week, and promised myself that I would actually get back on track.  At least I took a 15 min walk at work and jumped on the max trainer while waiting for the potatoes to cook for dinner last night.

Planning currently in motion: I bought a fitbit blaze last night, so once that arrives ill put my charge HR up for sale (or if any of you want one for a decent price).  And I requested a tracking sheet from another forum I am part of where coaches check your posted results and give you advice based on that.  I am going to start making myself track all the things, including measurements (which I ordered a tape measure for as well last night).  

Today: 

Breakfast - Coffee with heavy cream and MCT oil

Lunch - Homemade beef stew with carrots, green beans and mushrooms over mashed potatoes

Dinner - Not sure since it's Ben's turn to cook

Workout - With Trainer today will update once that is done

Other:

A.  I need to prepare to ask for a raise, which I have never done before.

B. Overwatch is awesome, if anyone is playing let me know :)

• Like 1

Work out update: Sled push with approx 200lbs for way to far... 4-5 sets, im not exactly sure, I just know I was dead by the end.  Then we did more inclined leg press with 180lbs of plates for sets of 20 x 2 and then the last set was 30.

• Like 3