the Rebel Stronghold

Terinatum

Hey Rebels

Welcome to the Rebel Stronghold 

You can find all types of things to do and ask each other questions, celebrate wins,

and just have some fun chatting about whatever you choose.

Rules are simple: Be respectful, that is all.

We're all battling the dark side and their cookies are hjard to resist. But we will prevail. Each day will be better than before. We will learn and grow wise. We will laugh and cry without shame. We will live!

What say you???

gifs and such happily welcomed

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

When you get a chance,

make sure your name is in your title so we can find you easier and you'll likely want to "follow" your own thread.

How-tos:

Name in title: 1. go to your first post on your thread 2. click "edit" 3. click into the title field and there you go!

Following your thread: 1. click "follow" button on the top right of your thread

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Yay, we have a hangout thread!

Hi new friends!

spnunicorn.gif

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hi all! New here and already loving this community!

• Like 2

Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

-Miyamoto Musashi

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/83906-kvedulfs-second-challenge-first-steps-on-a-new-way/

I've always preferred a cup of soothing jasmine tea

https://45.media.tumblr.com/fdb72a9dda133b1dad37de9b3ffadd3c/tumblr_n3a5tnDoZh1qk0z6co1_500.gif

• Like 5

Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

-Miyamoto Musashi

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/83906-kvedulfs-second-challenge-first-steps-on-a-new-way/

Don't worry, I've brought the tea. I think everyone can find their favourite now:

3397658-5282868466-Lots-.jpg

• Like 2

-Miyamoto Musashi

I really want to grump about the fact that there's no coffee here, but I'm supposed to be cutting back on it for my challenge anyway so I suppose that defeats the point, doesn't it?

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Love the smell of coffee, hate the taste.  Every coffee drinker I've ever known has decided that this is because I've never had "Real Coffee™" before.  Nope, had all kinds of coffee, don't like any of it.

• Like 5

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then."  ~Alice

6 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Love the smell of coffee, hate the taste.  Every coffee drinker I've ever known has decided that this is because I've never had "Real Coffee™" before.  Nope, had all kinds of coffee, don't like any of it.

Ugh, me too! Smells fantastic, tastes like crap. But people always try to argue with me. Everyone thinks their brand of coffee will be the magical special one that changes my mind. Just stop it, people. I like tea.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

There are definitely differences in taste between kinds of coffee but yeah, if you don't like it it's not exactly worth it. I've been drinking coffee for 15 years and I'm starting to hate it now. If it weren't for the caffeine dependence I probably would have given up on it long ago.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ouch. Yeah that's a good reason. 

Aaaand now I want cookies. I don't have any, which is great. Except for the part where I want them.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I have yet to find a suitable replacement for my desire for cookies.  Nothing else quite does the same thing for me.  So instead I resort to misery and the classic googling pictures of delicious cookies to torment myself even more of course.

• Like 2

"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then."  ~Alice

I feel like I read somewhere that looking at pictures makes it better? Like you don't crave them as much or something? I also feel like that's a lie because when I see pictures of delicious food all I want to do is eat it.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Yep, I've never experienced even an ounce of feeling better when looking at pictures of tasty things.  I just want to eat it more.  It's like grocery shopping when you're hungry, you really shouldn't do it but sometimes you just can't stop yourself.  Then before you know it you're in the fetal position in the bottom of a freezer clutching a pint of Ben and Jerry's in one hand and a bag of M&Ms in the other.  It's a dangerous spiral.

• Like 1

Ah cravings for crap. I just recently got off sugar junk food. It's easier now, but seeing it - like anywhere - can be really hard, especially when my mouth waters!!

How are folks feeling going into the weekend? 

My Saturday will be tough - lots of driving and meeting new clients for lunch.

I also start my new gig with a dog and 3 cats. I've been there a few times now and really love it. But, it's not home.

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Not bad going into the weekend, not bad.  It's a fun experiment if nothing else for me, learning to set my pace a little slower.  I've been needing to do that for about a decade now.  But not forseeing any problems, which is the most important part for me.

Sweets are rarely an issue for me, but when I get the cravings I get them bad.  Savoury has always been my downfall.  Walking past a pie shop can be a real chore some days.

Did someone say pie? :applause:

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 12.33.39 pm.png

~*~  Cazamoline  ~*~

Adventurer  ~~ Level: 0

==================

STR: 0               DEX: 0

STA: 0               CON: 0

WIS: 0               CHA: 0

"You can start late, look different, be uncertain and still succeed" - Misty Copeland.

Character Profile

That pie looks amazing.

My weekend isn't the most fun. Had to go to a 4th birthday party at the park for the daughter of one of the fiancee's girlfriends. Yay for anxiety and meeting people I've never met in a place I've never been to! Fortunately there were other small children, so I took my little boy and became the designated baby sitter. Avoided the panic attack by supervising toddler races on the slides.

And tomorrow I have to go and visit the grandmother in law. And that woman is a serious bitch. Queue suppressing the imminent panic attack for the afternoon...

Sigh, rant over. Hope everyone else has an awesome weekend! :)

• Like 2

-Miyamoto Musashi