• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Laghail

Springtime for Laghail and Germany

e7fe6777dbf6a4f1b96a19bbb3ff4ca3.jpg

May is for Mobility - this goal is to spend 45 mins doing yoga every week. Optimally a Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday 15 minute session, but I won't look an 11th hour, 45 minute session gift horse in the mouth.

df6b9505cc041eec8a70e320c1144a6c.jpg

May is for Meditation - this goal is to journal after meditating twice a week. I can't fudge this one into makeup sessions; has to be a Wednesday session and a weekend session.

4590f001621b5540b8656e6e3be786ba.jpg

May is for Metrics - this goal is to keep on keeping on with macros, calorie tracking, and recording workouts for ongoing form maintenance. This also means updating my challenge 3x a week. Aaand, begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Tiny comic strip is tiny. I cannot read. But I bet it's funny! :D

Yoga is so good. I need to do more yoga....

Here's to a successful May!

• Like 1

Yoga is a thing I absolutely hated as a kid, since it was force fed to me three times a week for five years with only ONE set of poses over and over again to the worst music you can imagine. Said terrible yoga routine is also the reason I am far more flexible than the average nerd I hang out with locally despite not having done much of it since 1999 :P

Also +1 for XKCD an SMBC :)

• Like 1

I feel like this might be crazy because I have a very poor memory. Were you intending to join the warriors or were you intending to be a part of a different guild? You are totally welcome here, but I just wanted to check that you didn't mean to post your challenge elsewhere. I only say that because you have a different guild badge (is that adventurer?) and a yoga challenge. I'm only trying to be helpful! The more warriors the merrier!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I feel like this might be crazy because I have a very poor memory. Were you intending to join the warriors or were you intending to be a part of a different guild? You are totally welcome here, but I just wanted to check that you didn't mean to post your challenge elsewhere. I only say that because you have a different guild badge (is that adventurer?) and a yoga challenge. I'm only trying to be helpful! The more warriors the merrier!

I think about half the Warriors have run a non-lifting focused challenge at one point the other and it's easy to forget to change your guild badge if you usually check in online. I get the impression that Laghail is where he wants to be. ;) 

• Like 2

I thought it was intentional but was just checking.  

Thanks for checking, just call me a late 70's gang-themed action movie loosely based on Xenophon's Anabasis. ;)

Workout went well, heavy squats hit parallel every time (of the sets where the camera didn't flop) but I want a bit lower so I'm repeating the weight on Thursday.

Oh press only had a push press on 4/15 reps, might be able to add weight again by next Thursday, fingers crossed.

Deadlift is finally back at my old heavy number from last year, but mostly because I finished my warmup sets and forgot to throw on extra weight, realized it shouldn't be this easy and threw on extra for a quick single so I wouldn't be late to work.

Tried volume squats as an accessory with negative time left on the clock and it went fine, but I might throw a box under my ass to make sure I hit depth every time if I'm doing 20-15-10 reps on 2/3 of my heavy weight. The goal is to break parallel automatically, not sure if an external cue is helping or hurting me developing a better feel.

f4d04114cad42e3e28a0258f8081b7e6.jpg

• Like 2

Update double trouble!

Yesterday i managed to grab about 30 minutes of mobility work on my quads, hips, and shoulders, then a shorter yoga session. Got me flexible after a day of screwing over shared databases at work. I also managed to journal about the whole thing, and slid into a brief pre-nap stage I'm going to dignify with the honorific, "meditating."

This morning I raced to the gym like a speeding tortoise, gulping my gas station coffee like a jabroni - and failed to go past parallel on 1/2 of my squat reps. I did make all bench reps without fail (subdued golf clap goes here). The rest of the workout was unremarkable except I had a dyslexic moment and freaked out thinking I was late to work. Instead of the higher rep bench as an accessory I planned, I just lowered my weight on my dips and doubled the reps to save time. Meh, stay in school kids, and double check before you freakout and accidentally get to work early because you skipped part of the workout.

The tracking part of the challenge is going, but pet peeve, anyone know a video only app for iOS? Irritating to bounce back and forth from my audiobook to record video and review form.

Decent walk by Lake Michigan in the May weather - fc71bb99ad88a05feaa7c5f16b00821e.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for checking, just call me a late 70's gang-themed action movie loosely based on Xenophon's Anabasis.

252546af24872934adf03504bc2c2504.jpg

Woke up this morning and remembered I forgot to add the punchline. Brains are funny little creatures.

• Like 1

Updatey McUpdaterson

Saturday saw a great workout, if a bit spacey (warmed up for bench then realized it was oh press day; did extra warmup when I spaced on what set I was on for squat; stay in school). Pr on deadlift in any case.

Laura was sleeping off the plague so I visited some old friends while she was gracefully in repose (see also: tylonol coma). Sunday, I had a decent mobility session, foam roller, yoga mat; I had all the rubber toys out and my back and hips were both satisfied and smiling.

Afterword, I grabbed a cafe table by Lake Michigan and did some journalling with my pipe, took a bit to meditate, and was trying to decide between feeling a sense of enlightenment or like a pretentious hipster - but an acquaintance rolled up on the street about 10 yards away and yelled out an offer to swap $50 for a blowie. Not sure if he was selling or buying, but that was as good a wrap up as any.

ce8df4d1675d52e903449699d24fff41.jpg

• Like 6

Wednesday was bench day and 245 3x3 felt solid. That was my heaviest last time around on stronglifts so Saturday should see me attempting a pr. Nothing remarkable about the workout, but I have been adding a minute+ hanging time from a pull-up bar to my stretch routine, and when I get looks from bystanders as I dangle there like a choad, I feel like squawking "I can do a pull-up, I'm just relieving pressure on my lower back". Maybe they sell a t-shirt.

Wednesday saw satisficing meditation and journaling. It happened, I get a pass on that goal, but it wasn't spectacular or lengthy. I did get a solid half hour of mobility work that included a painful machine shoulder roller as I killed time in a chiropractors office. I thought my foam roller was cruel, but the steel roller version you sit against feels exactly like you'd expect. Still was effective on upper and lower back.

Thursday was deadlift and I made new numbers and new friends as I shared my chalk with the sumo deadlift couple in the next rack over. No, they're not actually sumo size; tiny lifters just out of high school, but they only do sumo deadlifts supersets with barbell curls. Whatever totes your goat - it's hard to resent a couple with matching his and hers magenta highlights.

No accessory work because being social takes time (the fact that i repeatedly math failed loading the bar and essentially warmed up 3x for deadlift had nothing to do with it). I've learned my lesson and I'm perma-scowling next time.

13c111f338a4d024b3d2fa09455946a3.jpg

• Like 5

That picture is fantastic. I need this for work. Wonder if my boss will let me print it and pit it up on the schedule board...

I do that hang thing too ^_^ only mine are off the scaffolding in the back of my store. Although I can't do a pull up... yet...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

Thursday was deadlift and I made new numbers and new friends as I shared my chalk with the sumo deadlift couple in the next rack over. No, they're not actually sumo size; tiny lifters just out of high school, but they only do sumo deadlifts supersets with barbell curls. Whatever totes your goat - it's hard to resent a couple with matching his and hers magenta highlights.

13c111f338a4d024b3d2fa09455946a3.jpg

I want them to be my brunch buddies. I'd give them all the coffee. #Squadgoals

Nice one on the week of good strong stuff, and hope the iron evil helps iron out the back!

• Like 1