Bouncer's Livin' Life Hope

Tuesday, May 10 - June 7

(Had taken me awhile to get here, but I am HERE, and going to enjoy the last month of the school kids in school!)

Heyo, back for another month! Here to roll for the fifth month of making a thread, and hoping to be active for my goals.

The month of Quotes! Bringing in the Good Vibes! Good quotes of reminders, and pretty pictures. I actually had fun finding all these pics! (Usually I get tired or angry by the end).

http://data3.whicdn.com/images/58681155/thumb.jpg

These last five months! Wow! Can't imagine a life without Nerdfitness, with all the positive vibes ping ponging all over the forum walls. Sadly last month I got swung with tiredness that then ended me spiraling down the hole of loneliness that turned into depression. (Got triggered by pregnancy announcements- one being a high school friend, my mother finding a really good guy friend-she is pretty much my closest friend, along with not having much else going on). Pretty much was told being a "twenty something" is hard (especially when you're not in college or working). Found out Barnes and Nobles actually has a self help section :lol:

So yeah the main beast I'm fighting isn't necessarily getting off my butt, but keeping the good stuff and working toward the light and away from the pain of loneliness.

http://phazesfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/tumblr_mv1tmnOtwu1qedf7ko1_500.jpg

Fitness

Spoiler

https://s3.amazonaws.com/warriordash/app/uploads/2016/01/04100015/WYG-Medal-2016.jpg

(I would have never thought the chance of getting my first bling would keep me at it for almost 2 months now of weekly strength training and missing only twice).

Okay so in the last five months I had been able to make a habit out of strengthening and stretching out my upper back and shoulders. I have a long way to go, but from only able to do wall pushups back in January, I can now do a push up almost a foot lower then an average counter (with only slight headaches from the battling of muscles).

So goals for the month!

• Figure out 2-3 days a week for strength training nights (already a habit, just changed time to make it more fun)
    • had started to work out at 5 ams in March, now changed it to 11 pmish - quietest time that my town is... and only no one in the free weights, next to I am better at living when up later compared to getting up early
    • Update: Changed to 2-3 instead of 3, since with "adding" things in my schedule with the depression, the less "hard on self" stress the better results
  • Figure out at least 2 days of 3 mile walking/running, found the next city over not only has an indoor track in their free gym but a ton of city trails along the MN River (need to get strong enough for this, make it a new habit , and figure out the best balance because this has to happen during sunlight).
    • This is training that I need to remind myself to get my endurance up for Warrior Dash, its going to be hot (starting 11:45 in July... while exposed to the prairie and a few valley hills). I want to be able to at least complete the darn thing if I can only do a few of the obstacles
    • now to forget the large snake stories I heard about while volunteering
    • Update: Found the path I started to walk on in March for walking, has an apartment complex that's about 1.5 mile walk. My non-excuse place to walk late at night (too hard for running on right now), to strengthen my feet and legs (vibrams whole new world), and get my endurance up to finally a 3 mile walk (which is my hope to at least get to) (also the other trails are getting quite a few of stories of the gopher snakes hanging around on the beautiful days... )
  • Small Goal - Recheck all of my personally updated Physical Therapy, and find new Ones
    • Pretty much need to double check on these, and see if I'm doing them correctly and targeting the right muscles. Downside of my Therapist was not knowing how to advance, using the pulley machine in the most part to observe my strength. Have a better idea of where she was coming from, but feel like my progress had slowed down this past month.
    • Update: Found I really don't need this anymore, I figured my back tracking from being able to do a pushup was overworking my muscles for PT. Pretty much strengthening the right muscles and stretching them out with the NFA workout. (Less time also in the end).
  • Small Goal - Make a Workout Tracking sheets, NFA has changed recently and doesn't have print outs anymore.
    • Update: Did make 2 "templates" that I've been adding in and off of for each workout. Haven't gotten into the habit to write things down (did the first time, not the second time).
  • Milestone Goals - Attempt Boss Fight Twice (or level up if I can) on NFA.
    • To help track where I'm at, and see if I can push myself further. My lower body is stronger then ever (running should slow them down to match my upper body level).
    • Update: Did once, pretty much need to take my core/mid-back as seriously as my upper body when it comes to workouts.

Nutrition

Spoiler

Starting off with a wave of good vibes, and a reminder of my eating goals.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/6a/c6/726ac6567b0156b0cc6814f62eed395a.jpg  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d2/dc/3b/d2dc3b2ebe7607c997429026f35295aa.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/18/91/05/189105e0e3238f0921885d90a59861d9.jpg

This last year I tried doing "cold turkey" more then I have fingers on one hand. Pretty much under multiple situations, and even trying NFA's Nutrition steps. It's damn hard for me.

I've been gaining inches all over (except my shoulders those babies are toning up like never before), mainly from the excessive calories I'm eating and drinking each day. To the point I can't stand wearing most of my jeans.... which isn't good. Since society believes in wearing pants.

So baby steps!

• Drink up! 8 glasses of Kool-aid or Water each day! Extra points for Keeping the water bottle full
    • Pretty much found out NFA way is adding steps to restive ADD toddler inner self. I realized earlier today, back when I wasn't trying to lose weight and barely surviving or just when I was in barely survival mode. Drinking Kool-aid was a cheaper option then any other drink option I was willing to drink (and made recipe wise, has half the sugar of soda). So yeah this week going to track how man glass of liquids I'm drinking! Hope to make Soda 20% or less!
    • Update: Kool-aid turned on me when I was tired yesterday... Half a pitcher of red strawberry kool-aid spilled to the back of my fridge underneath the vegetable crisper.. then onto the floor, underneath my fridge. (I think my goal is to turn my kitchen pink, since is just a number of things that can stain). Luckily I was awake enough to clean it up right then and there, but too much work... So goal is to keep my water bottle full. Drink tea or get off my butt and go buy a soda... (Which I'm finding is harder when I'm being less wasteful with food and having less need to go shopping again).
  • Small Goal - Mindful Eating Class on 5/13 & 5/14 Completed! New goal - Mindfully eat (everything)!
    • Eating at "dining" table, not eating in car (unless I'm stopping to intentionally eat), stopping to enjoy the food. Allowed to throw anything I don't like (so I don't overeat on something else). Allowed to eat anything, as long as I'm being mindful of the consequences and seeing how I feel.
    • My counselor has been suggesting this since I thought I had a bad binge eating problem, ends up being more of a want to overeat mindlessly. The class also will help teach Mindfullness in itself (number 1 thing they suggest for any type of ADHD). Along with 16 hours in being in a social setting that could probably help me figure out a part of my loneliness that is causing steps toward depression.
  • Small Goal - Clean off Cardtable to be my new "dining table"
    • halfway clean!

I will continue adding to this section throughout the month. As I will learn a lot of skills through the class, and observing how much I'm drinking this week.

Life Goals

Spoiler

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/5/4108/if-you-want-to-live-a-happy-life-tie-it-to-a-goal-not-to-people-or-things-quote-1.jpg

Got to love life goals... This is more of helping keep track of the world. Try to ease off the pressure, still unemployed but I'm now volunteering at an Historical Site (Traverse De Sioux Treaty Site) once a week that is very large and the main headquarters to the Historical County (and many more things happening here that have people noted how happy I am). They know my experience from the last site I worked at in the last few years, and pretty much am surrounded by the best sandbox I can join in on for my career. I foresee myself learning more then enough skills to become versatile in my passion of history and culture.

Now its also dealing with the rest of my life. Not only just dealing with myself, but making sure I am admitted into University for this fall and steps toward at least keeping the job information out there! (pretty much miss not having my own money, or the ability to save up for my own car, or buy rewards for goals) No less just making sure the things I need stay caught up for daily living.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8249/8588394922_8b64c92b19_z.jpg

(Pretty much a good reminder on what all my goals are...)

• Do Enough Chores Daily that I finish 1 Audio book CD daily
    • I'm doing mentally well when I take time off my butt. And have found the increments of about 5 minute segments on a CD that tops of 1 hour and a half encourages me to get things done with picking up and daily cleaning.
    • Almost halfway through Game of Thrones so far.
    • Sadly... not doing this daily, but with new reward system. Easier to get through. (1 pt  for completing a CD)
  • Read a Chapter a day out of History Books
    • I'm literally volunteering at a place where local writers of a couple of the history books I own come to visit often.... Must not look stupid.
    • Also help me get in habit of reading, I get double points if I get caught up from keeping a steady daily reading.
    • Hehe... bad as doing chores daily... Reward system is helping though! (1 pt for reading a page)
  • Finish Two Books this month
    • 1 being preferred the audiobook, and 1 being one of the many I have at my bedside. I have reading goals, two hopefully get my writing habit up sooner then later.G
    • Giving myself more of an incentive, by giving myself a point for reading the more "fun" books of a chapter each.
    • Finished a Minnesota fiction - "Patty Jane's House of Curl"
  • Less Facebook, More NF Forums and Sims Forums
    • In the internet world, these 2 forums have nearly zero negativity compared to Facebook. Anyone I want to contact, its easier by phone. Check only once daily (still get messages my way for the rare chance of my brother wanting to do something or friends contacting me).
  • Post Daily with Emotions Check up
    • Pretty much seeing myself spiral down the tube to pretty dark depression (not as bad as the past), but terrible enough it had taken a while for me to see what was going on that my therapist had to throw out the red flag. Hope to do this for 3 months (need a really good reward system for this one).
  • Keep track when I'm out and about
    • This works with the emotions part, but pretty much with my loneliness had brought up the flag that I need more out and about time. Enough where my mother has an open door when she visits her guy friend/goes to church with him.
    • If I'm at home I need to be either sleeping or staying active another way (forums, cleaning home base, other things to help me complete toward my goals that I wish to not do in public) - A warning sign is me sitting around and literally getting lost in the depths of facebook.
  • Adult Goals List: Being an adult sucks sometimes. But got to get stuff done! Extra points for hitting each one!
    • Figure out insurance
      • Call county worker to see where its at....
      • Call again to get number for my actual couny worker.... (county worker doesn't understand how I can't look up the person she says I need to call, or anxiety or ADD >.> )
      • Jun 1st order all medication
    • Pay Monthly Rent
    • Pay Monthly Loan Fee
    • Get in Contact with Career Coach and try to make Weekly meetings
      • Meet her on 5/27
    • Gym Membership repay
    • Return sports bra that didn't fit...
    • Find a new sports bra
    • Deposit tax refund
    • Pick up water for fish (this is harder then it seems for some reason...)
    • Renew all the books I've been hoarding and working on reading
    • Pay Internet/Phone bill

• Like 5

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

Yesterday was a pretty good day, noticed a few triggers (wrote them down in my uncensored journal I made up for this challenge). Even by the dreams I had I can see what I'm fighting with, but happy I have the time to at least deal with it.

Yesterday, Week 1 Day 1

Fitness: Walked a least a couple hours (1 hour and 40 minutes). (1 point!)

• Natural trails... wow. I actually need to keep not on how much it rains daily
    • By the schedule that I want I should have strengthen trained... but oh well. Today will be another walking (or running if it most likely rains again) day just to go with schedule better.

Nutrition: Helped me start journaling, had made an easy template idea for myself which I hope sticks. Was shocked to find out the soda I bought was only 12 oz (figured I buy the pretty cans when I get my daily caffeine, wanted to pick up another when I made another trip to the store for more food... But didn't telling myself I had kool-aid made and ready to go. )

• Kool-aid 3 glasses (5.25 cups)
  • Water: 3 and 1/2 cups (1 water bottle)
  • Pop: 12 oz (Ginger Cola Pepsi)
    • Pop percentage of daily total: 15% (hit both goals!) (2 points!)

Life Goals: Didn't read any of my books. Did finish one of my CD's even though I was tired! (Been rewarding myself with small rewards lately, such as 1 episode of Borgia after completing a CD or working out, or going and doing something I don't want to do).(1 point!) Had taken care of the monthly rent (1 point!), and didn't spend more then half an hour (tops) on Facebook. Shifted my focus toward NF or my sim site (sadly a couple things on the sim site triggered something, but I just backuped and realized I didn't have to worry about it too much. Most people understand depression on it luckily).

Won't give myself a point, because at least 5 times an hour I got back on facebook.... When there was no need for it.

And another point for actually journaling my day (for both emotions and whereabouts)! (Now need to choose a system for when I'm away from the computer all day).  (2 pt!)

Total points: 6 pts (3%)

Goal of points: 200 pts (Renting Deadpoole while enjoying Popcorn and Candy within a $14 budget).

• Like 3

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

Sorry I'm late to the thread! I'm such a slacker.

So glad to see you back for another round - especially preparing for the Warrior Dash! That's so great and you will have a blast!

Do you make your own Kool-aid or do you make the pre-sweetened kind? We used to make our own and add in about half the sugar it called for (you can do this over time too, so you don't notice it as much). That way, we still had the flavor and decreased the amount of sugar even more.

I love how your goals are so focused, so you can blow them out of the water! Also, interested in knowing how you like the Mindful eating class.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Sorry I'm late to the thread! I'm such a slacker.

So glad to see you back for another round - especially preparing for the Warrior Dash! That's so great and you will have a blast!

Do you make your own Kool-aid or do you make the pre-sweetened kind? We used to make our own and add in about half the sugar it called for (you can do this over time too, so you don't notice it as much). That way, we still had the flavor and decreased the amount of sugar even more.

I love how your goals are so focused, so you can blow them out of the water! Also, interested in knowing how you like the Mindful eating class.

Hey I didn't start until yesterday, your right on time.

The warrior dash is not only the one thing I'm looking forward to, but actually really happy how much time I have to train for...

I get the packets so yeah, trying to find the right amount of sugar right now (a cup too sweet, 1/2 cup quite not enough for strawberry flavor, 2/3rds seems to work at the moment). I tend to like the packets better than the premade (price and way more flavor options, last year I found the flavor Sharkberry and green apple. So in a way I find the collecting part to be fun).

Thanks for the reminder of how good I'm getting at my SMART goals,  forget at times how much NF has changed my thinking for goal making.

• Like 2

I love your motivational pics!  Especially the one under nutrition about crowding out the bad with the good.   That's something I am trying to do.  Fill up on lots of good stuff so I don't give in to snacks.

Good luck with your goals!  

• Like 2

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Great goals and love the pictures. What are the ages of your kids if you don't mind me asking? I have over the last 5 months gotten off diet sodas. It was not easy. I did it a little at a time. Might I suggest ice tea? If you steep it then add water you can still add sugar but get caffeine. Price is right too if you stay away from the fancy stuff.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

38 minutes ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Great goals and love the pictures. What are the ages of your kids if you don't mind me asking? I have over the last 5 months gotten off diet sodas. It was not easy. I did it a little at a time. Might I suggest ice tea? If you steep it then add water you can still add sugar but get caffeine. Price is right too if you stay away from the fancy stuff.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I have tried many drink options.... counting tea (have a cupboard full actually). I haven't found my preference yet. I pretty much have all the tools but a glass basin to let it cool in and tea pot xD (Probably stuff I can reward myself with later on...). I ended up choosing kool-aid because I don't feel deprived, and I'm less likely to binge drink pop when I get my hands on it. I think its partly because it's what I grew up drinking with milk. I'll probably add tea later on. No less me trying to get caffiene out of my diet one day (with a lot of my personal "issues" caffeine is recommended to stay away from). Now to figure out why I dream about such high sugar foods when I try to stay away from them...

I don't have kids actually, its more of me speaking in "general of all children in my town". The noise rate goes up hugely when the kids are out of school (and their high voices tend to bounce off the hills...), I live in an area where they are able to run more freely because of sidewalks. Next to big family groups whenever I go out anywhere. Pretty much changes the world, and with me being oversensitive... and unless I have something to keep me busy.

2 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

I love your motivational pics!  Especially the one under nutrition about crowding out the bad with the good.   That's something I am trying to do.  Fill up on lots of good stuff so I don't give in to snacks.

Good luck with your goals!  

Yeah same here, it seems so simple...

• Like 4

Just wanted to say before if you didn't hear before, thanks all for stopping by! Working on my "fighting" back comments I notice I do... Even though I want to be friends with everyone!

Also wanted to note I figured out a way to give myself a bigger "award": Renting Deadpool with all the sides! Been wanting to see it since people talked about it all over NF xD

Felt like I was watching too many movies at the time, and didn't have anyone to make an excuse to go see it in theaters. So promised myself I would take it home, making the goal amount 200 points (10 points = $). Not an excuse to binge, but more work toward not just the movie but the treats for the special occasion... While making it regret free also.

Get a point for reaching each of my day's goals and anything off the master lists. I give myself more than enough room to gain the points fast enough to not lose a bit of motivation, but also not a big deal if I slow down. Mainly have an excuse to sit and watch a movie for 2 hours straight will be more then enjoyed with the need to relax after working on my goals this hard!

• Like 3

Week 1 Day 2 (Wednesday)

Fitness: Just under an hours of 3 miles walking and some running sprints at the community center the next town over (track over their gym). I forgot to warm up and my anxiety was up for not having a space of knowing to just 'stretch" out freely. Ended up skipping it even after I got home... So half points because I question how badly sore I am now and if it wasn't for me knowing to slow down I think I could of pulled something badly.... (.5 points)

Nutrition: Not going to stress out the exact measurements, but I drank a full 20 oz while volunteering of Pepsi, while also bringing water along. Made sure I drank up at least 80 oz worth of liquids outside of pop, and even drank more as I was reading before bed. I hadn't snacked on the same "desserts" as usual, so I think my body was fighting me as I ate healthy food over my usual. But to be expected... my body fights whenever I get healthier mixed with the new exercise....Hit goals: (2 points)

Life goals: Was awaken in the morning by the construction of the parking lot being dug out.... Luckily didn't put my mood down as I had to get going on getting things done and volunteering.

Finished two things on the list (2 points), volunteering- I was introduced to the "tour guide training', Other words flooded with information (2 hours of straight reading) then a good hour of lecture/discussion with the main tour guide. (1 point for research).

Even after all that I still finished home base chores with 1 CD of Game of Thrones! (1 point) Read for a good hour in bed before I fell asleep, fiction, but close to finishing my other book for the month. Journaling (2 points)

Total Points for the day: 8.5 points

Overall Total: 14.5 points (7%)

• Like 2

Well I know I need to write up another one. But I will make it simple for yesterday.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-G41MEOQl26Q/T8UGtAN3SoI/AAAAAAAAAFY/e-gw1iPeKFs/s1600/tumblr_m4cahuyBYo1qffgx4o1_500.jpg

Most of the day was Sims 2.... I was tired and irritated by the massive construction happening just outside my apartment (I'm literally in between where the machines come in and out and the actual parking lost process). Was tired from the exercise and the busy day I had the day before. Ended up having two Pepsi cans, and just about five cups of kool-aid and a cup or two from my water bottle when working out.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/2c/2c2745ee7dfac548ac0d49d4c6e862a96c638969397d51b7dd27c02f9e1bb096.jpg

I did do some "picking up", but the amount of paper I printed out probably subtracted it a bit. (The way I play sims, involves a lot of paper work...)

I did however peel myself from the computer after 6 hours of straight sims playing (with a handful of snacking/bathroom breaks), by going to the gym and doing a boss fight (see ho many I can do of anything. I can do 20 body weight squats, and nearly 20 seconds of balancing on each leg (which is pretty good compared to what my balance used to be in high school).   The front plank I got a solid 20 seconds (out of the 40 seconds for max), and only got 1 knee pushup fully done.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/e6/76/cc/e676cc0a1e43d3039dffd5751bf21935.jpg

Which again was rather good! Compared to what I was griping about in March (I couldn't get nearly as low as I did last night). I pretty much need to see what I can add in for further core and back training (such as my form for incline pushups and incline inverted rows). Since my arms and my legs are getting it, my upper back especially, just need to make sure I'm as strict with my form all over then just with my upper body (which I take care in for pain sake...)

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/57881821.jpg

Okay I guess that was a full intro...

Will figure out points later... Probably Sunday. In a little bit I'll be heading to the mindful class, bringing coloring pages since I don't know how many people will be there. No less how many people have colds this rainy season (everywhere else someone has been sniffing so far...

Drinking today has been worse then yesterday so far. So filling up a water bottle and making kool-aid before I go! (3 hours tonight, 8 hours tomorrow of learning)

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with a good long gaming session!  Sounds like you got some good stuff going on at the gym, so, woot!

• Like 2

Challenges:

6 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

Nothing wrong with a good long gaming session!  Sounds like you got some good stuff going on at the gym, so, woot!

Hehe thank you very much!

Now back from the class (and a four hour conversation with my mom to unwind... talked to her so much today...)

Oh gosh, the first hour I was glad I brought coloring with me to help keep my "nerves" calmed. And my brain going "I already know this stuff". Well so does half the room (quite a few have been taking similar classes and are taking for a refresher).

After the trial dinner, practicing a way of looking at food. The first time in a long time where I ended satisfied, and realized how dehydrated I was (asked what thing I would prefer to eat... ended up being the water bottle xD) Going to take a whole lot of practice but really happy I am taking this class, just from the relief of knowing how to enjoy my food and be able to deal with myself lovingly.

Tomorrow will be on more of "triggers" and monitoring self. Like I said before changing my way of "approaching nutrition".

It was also nice to be part of a group of people that had similar relationships with food (I was the youngest of course by probably 10 years), but also the facilitators know how to deal with ADHD like thinking....

• Like 3

I am so glad that you have found a good class for you!!!  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

2 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

I am so glad that you have found a good class for you!!!  

Hehe, yeah I'm super glad.

Happy I can move with the next step (change my whole nutrition goals area tonight!) It was very much intro, but the eating part was the relief. While others was a rougher patch of the "leveling up your life" concept. Luckily with the coloring and then given out play doh I was able to behave (I really didn't wanna for some reason....). And now I'm feel the "yay I've been actively working on things, that a lot of people there were hearing for the first time".

So the mindfulness part (whole new world of baby steps, since I've been avoiding most of that type of thinking). I realized I have pretty good body acceptance compared to January. (I really need to get rid of the scale though). My nerd fitness goals are exactly what I need to work on, and dealing with my own emotions are going to take time.

I see myself attending more mindfulness learning, but for now I'm going to understand that mindful eating is more then enough right now (sitting and taking the time, and actually finding the foods I REALLY like, instead of "I should like this".)

I kind of like the concept, I'm not even trying to eat "healthier", I'm working on finding the fuel that tastes and makes me feel the best.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Bouncer333 said:

I kind of like the concept, I'm not even trying to eat "healthier", I'm working on finding the fuel that tastes and makes me feel the best.

W00t!!!

Also, try cooking things a variety of ways.  Many people hate Brussels sprouts unless they are BAKED ... and then they love 'em.  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

Just now, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

W00t!!!

Also, try cooking things a variety of ways.  Many people hate Brussels sprouts unless they are BAKED ... and then they love 'em.  

Yup finally seeing the fun in cooking as I'm seeing the random budget recipes I get by email. The idea of roasting vegetables seems to make me drool... So going to try that for my next "cooked" meal.

Last night I worked out, found out what I was doing wrong for pushups (finally getting at the right pushups), and taming down other exercises. Then I crashed for a good nine hours.

Very tired today, but working on the daily pickup and clean, (along with clearing off my card table for my main dining table). Been interesting for my first day for mindful eating, finding the balance has been the difficult part (but I think that's mainly from me being tired). Have had the instance of actually enjoying just half of a doughnut and putting it away (I don't think I've done that since 2013...). Or the actual enjoyment of hostess cakes.. (plain weird).

Need to track my points tonight, going to change my "food" part of the "reward" to polymer clay. Yesterday I was given play doh to play with during the retreat was surprised how soothing it was and fun. I remembered back in my pre-teen years I enjoyed polymer clay until a lot of negativity toward my clay skills in middle school. I remember enjoying the process and think it would be a good way to replace the distracted eating. I still have all the tools from those years, just need to buy a few blocks to jump into the fun.

• Like 2

Oh, Play-dough - and similar tactile activities - are great ways to get people to relax.  I sometimes use them in classes and workshops .... with the right audience ......

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

19 minutes ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Oh, Play-dough - and similar tactile activities - are great ways to get people to relax.  I sometimes use them in classes and workshops .... with the right audience ......

Haha, pretty much was reminded of this during my retreat.

I use to keep a bag full of filet toys, but I ended up finding I was either losing them or breaking them xD
I was actually surprised on how the play-dough helped calm my mood a bit when I was getting impatient or irritated...

• Like 1

On 5/15/2016 at 9:43 PM, Bouncer333 said:

I love this. Like I want to scream this from the trees. When I transitioned from eating processed foods to eating "real" foods it was crazy! I get to eat so much more than I did before and my body feels better. I'm not relying on as much coffee to keep me going and I do more through the day without feeling run down.

On 5/15/2016 at 7:19 PM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Agreed. I love fresh roasted Brussels sprouts. I also roast broccoli and green beans with spices and my kids will eat them, even though they are super picky!

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

love this. Like I want to scream this from the trees. When I transitioned from eating processed foods to eating "real" foods it was crazy! I get to eat so much more than I did before and my body feels better. I'm not relying on as much coffee to keep me going and I do more through the day without feeling run down.

Going to take me time, but any time I get too restrictive I know i need to ease up on myself. Right now the funny part is I enjoy eating hotess cakes when I eat mindfully... then otherwise.

What I discovered so far: When I cook rice, I have to cook 3 times as much to make it taste REALLY good (just because of the tools I have). Fish is wonderful, but far from filling. Roasting frozen broccoli and apples (separately) are really, really good. I need to figure out my own balance of fat, protein, carbs just by how I feel. (The balance between my restrictive cooking and my "eat all or go home" food).

Also give myself a thumbs up for not losing control over food  when my mood falls down (could have finished off my Pepsi and gone and picked up more sweets, but I didn't). I think I figured out some things... but just more of things to ask with my team. But yeah, thumbs up for getting through it (even though it was damn difficult to get through alone. But I did it!)

• Like 2

I figured out how to avoid drinking too much pop at work and home this week.

Make it annoying and require extra effort to have! I keep the pack of pop at home under my coffee table with my yarn stash, hoodie/purse drop off chair and the rat supplies in front of it. So I use my laziness in my favour y making it a total bitch to get to.

I do this with snacks as well. Keep them on the top shelf at the back so I have to climb up on the counter to get them or I just take off my socks the second I get home so that it means I have to find socks if I want to go to the store to buy junk.

Since you just took a mindful eating class I say click open the spoiler at your own risk. I find this method helpful but I don't want to potentially slap info that would be seriously bad advice at you if you are feeling overwhelmed with information.

On really bad "I need to binge eat ALL the things" days I cut up a salad serving sized bowl of fresh veggies and just eat it like popcorn.

It takes a hell of a lot of shredded cabbage and celery to make a snack sized amount of calories and it had a very satisfying crunch ^_^ also a solid way to add some real vitamins/minerals/fibre to your diet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LogicLeigh said:

I figured out how to avoid drinking too much pop at work and home this week.

Make it annoying and require extra effort to have! I keep the pack of pop at home under my coffee table with my yarn stash, hoodie/purse drop off chair and the rat supplies in front of it. So I use my laziness in my favour y making it a total bitch to get to.

I do this with snacks as well. Keep them on the top shelf at the back so I have to climb up on the counter to get them or I just take off my socks the second I get home so that it means I have to find socks if I want to go to the store to buy junk.

Since you just took a mindful eating class I say click open the spoiler at your own risk. I find this method helpful but I don't want to potentially slap info that would be seriously bad advice at you if you are feeling overwhelmed with information.

Hidden Content

Haha thanks Leigh, I've learned any tips are helpful. I'll have to remind myself (and probably a roasted version) so it really is like popcorn. Yesterday when I baked apples with oil and cinnamon I definitely got that need for filling up. I figured out some of the baked goods I ate, where for more of a filling need (getting the proper movement for the digestive traffic). Or having those days where I need to just feel full, good very well be something needed physically if all I eat is oiled vegetables. (Which in the past many times isn't the case).

Mainly seeing the "mindful" eating as part of my goal for making body room, and be properly fueled for my adventures. The retreat did show me what I think is me being "hungry" enough to eat, is WAY long after I actually should have eaten (starve mode and feel out of control). I'm finding it funny on what healthy foods I'm enjoying on eating, and the Pop sadly isn't has delish as before... Along with somehow becoming less wasteful, its going of funny, as I allow my imagination to come up with flavors, and how much my inner toddler is willing to actually sit and enjoy because of the master piece.

I want to share so much more! (Since I don't have anyone to talk to in real life... My mother is on a different road, and have issues of getting each other tips that may not work.. so we are just saying how we feel about our food).

Goals for tonight:

-Try stir fry recipe (found I like this website because she simplifies it, and explains it thoroughly several times in the posts - also low cost, few ingredients, easy way to find veggie full foods)

-right weekly update

-update first post

-figure out an adventure for tomorrow or this weekend (need to get out and about for another day, volunteering today wasn't enough)

-work on reading Patty's House of Curl....

-Do some cleaning in kitchen

-Do some picking up in living room (my mom's card has gone missing... we have no idea where it could be. She cleaned, and now I have to clean just to make sure I'm not hiding it. It's all our money...)

-Read up on NF... you guys are helping me stay out of the hole. And I'm greatful.

• Like 3

That stir fry looks yummy, how was it?

• Like 1

Challenges:

Yay for making progress with soda (sorry, you silly mid-Westerners and your pop)! I stopped drinking it all together about 5 years ago and now, I just have zero taste for it. If I want that fizz, I either do sparkling flavored water or I miss sparkling water and juice, but even that is very rare these days. 

I'm also interested in knowing how the stir fry turned out! It looks really good!

In regards to feeling like you don't have anyone to talk to in real life; there are a bunch of us out here in internet land that will listen, sympathize, offer advice, and support! If you don't want to share in a post, you can always pm. There's no reason to keep things bottled up if you want to talk to someone about it.