• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

AugustaAdaByron

TOW Ada Settles In and Does All The Things

Recommended Posts

I've been debating doing a challenge for the past week and I was leaning (hah, I wish :P - anyway) towards not doing one but honestly I need the support because just thinking of everything I have to do is overwhelming. Also, I may have accidentally entered in some stupid legal conflict due to ignorance and I've been feeling like shit the whole day. (But that's something that I don't want to talk about and hopefully will not be too much trouble to resolve but it stresses me a lot).

 

First, even though I really enjoy reading other people challenges and it'll help me get out of my head, I apologise in advance if I don't check in very often. I'm afraid it's going to be a very busy month. :(

 

So... goals for this challenge...

 

 

Goal 1: Write to do lists and try to do as much as possible. The list can grow longer but I'm not allowed to cross things off of it unless they're really done. Number one priority is to fully clean the new apartment.

 

Hey, do you know that if the entire population of China walked by, the line would never end because of the rate of population increase? That's my list -- every Chinese person in the world.

That's from Gilmore Girls but I couldn't find a gif or a video.

 

 

Goal 2: Sleep early. I need to get to a decent sleep schedule.

 

I also need to look for blinds but I will add that to the list later. There are more urgent things to be done and the sleep mask should work for now.

 

47-sleepy-gif-221.gif

 

 

Goal 3 (LUYL): A friend who has many friends in Berlin came by for the weekend and introduced me to some people so I can attempt to not be a hermit. Some of them are doing weekly viewings of Hercules and Xena (they're so bad that they're good) on Thursdays (which are usually gym evenings). I should try to adapt my gym schedule so that I can make it to the viewings.

 

174896.jpg

 

 

news-Xena-Warrior-Princess.jpg

 

 

No tracking or weight goals for a change. (At least not official ones in a challenge.)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done on Sunday:

- I just emptied and cleaned half of the cupboards.

 

Done on Monday:

- Went to IKEA for some shopping I had to do and did the dishes (which were many and it took me 2 hours in total to finish them).

 

Dont on Tuesday:

- Nothing really, it's been a shitty day. Just some food shopping so I can have more snacking options at work than the chocolate bars I can buy at the snack bar.

 

To do on Wednesday:

- Clean the rest of the cupboards and all the cutlery. Also, the counter and the tiles if there's enough time.

 

Thursday: 

- I'll probably not do much again because it's gym evening.

 

Friday:

- TBD depending on how the other days will go. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Laghail said:

First and following. Kill it Ada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Thank you, Laghail!

 

 

1 minute ago, Sam Ashen said:

Good luck, Ada Byronova! :lol:

 

Thank you, tovarishch Sam Ashenov! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

You got this.  

 

 

Thanks! :)

 

 

8 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Hey you! 2 hours to do dishes, sounds like my place at Christmas time!

 

I love Lucy Lawless, she was my first girl crush! :biggrin-new:

 

Good Luck!

 

Lots and lots of plates!

 

I can see why!

 

Thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Done on Sunday:

- I just emptied and cleaned half of the cupboards.

 

Done on Monday:

- Went to IKEA for some shopping I had to do and did the dishes (which were many and it took me 2 hours in total to finish them).

 

Dont on Tuesday:

- Nothing really, it's been a shitty day. Just some food shopping so I can have more snacking options at work than the chocolate bars I can buy at the snack bar.

 

To do on Wednesday:

- Clean the rest of the cupboards and all the cutlery. Also, the counter and the tiles if there's enough time.

 

Thursday: 

- I'll probably not do much again because it's gym evening.

 

Friday:

- TBD depending on how the other days will go. 

 

Slight modification on Wednesday. I forgot that except for the cutlery, that part of the cupboard also contained all pots and pans. Yay! I get to clean those as well. (bleurgh!)

 

No counters or tiles today. I've decided to move the stove and some shelves (because there's really way too much dust between them) in the living room and move them back in after I clean everything else in the kitchen and them as well. (It's a really tiny kitchen, I didn't expect it would take so long to clean it.) I'll probably try to do most of these stuff on Friday and have as an end goal to be done with the kitchen by the end of the weekend.

 

 

I found out today that the person from whom I'm subletting the apartment is an idiot. I went to the building administrator a week ago and asked them if they could change my name on the bell and on the letterbox so I can receive some very important letters (tax-related, bank-related, etc). They seemed a bit weirded out when I told them I was subletting and asked me for my contract and my ID which I gave to them. When I told that to the main tenant she said "Oh, that's fine! You basically registered yourself so I now don't have to send them anything!". I went back to the administration today to ask them when everything would be changed since I really need my name on the letterbox. I was informed that she has to register me with them separately and not just that but also sign a contract with them that they are allowing her to sublet to me. And today I opened an envelope she received from the administration (after she asked me to) and the letter said was about me saying that she has to do it by next week or she'll get evicted (and thus I'll get evicted). Great!

Add that to the legal issues I mentioned yesterday and let's see what else can happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

 

I found out today that the person from whom I'm subletting the apartment is an idiot. I went to the building administrator a week ago and asked them if they could change my name on the bell and on the letterbox so I can receive some very important letters (tax-related, bank-related, etc). They seemed a bit weirded out when I told them I was subletting and asked me for my contract and my ID which I gave to them. When I told that to the main tenant she said "Oh, that's fine! You basically registered yourself so I now don't have to send them anything!". I went back to the administration today to ask them when everything would be changed since I really need my name on the letterbox. I was informed that she has to register me with them separately and not just that but also sign a contract with them that they are allowing her to sublet to me. And today I opened an envelope she received from the administration (after she asked me to) and the letter said was about me saying that she has to do it by next week or she'll get evicted (and thus I'll get evicted). Great!

Add that to the legal issues I mentioned yesterday and let's see what else can happen!

 

WHAT A DISASTER. Take that tension out on the gym?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

You got this Ada! Crush it!

 

MfRORLI.gif

 

Hello! Thanks! :D

 

 

15 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

 

WHAT A DISASTER. Take that tension out on the gym?

 

That's what I tried to do yesterday but got so stressed that training turned out to be a disaster! I'll try to use it again to fuel deadlifts tomorrow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, cupboard and cutlery are now clean! I will not do the pots and pans today because I decided to go to bed earlier, get a lot of sleep, and hopefully have a not bad training session tomorrow! I'll either do them tomorrow or do them on Friday together with the counter and the tiles.

 

The only thing that pisses me off is that if the main tenant doesn't act fast and I get evicted then I've been cleaning for no reason! On the other hand I really want to be done with it and relax!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, what a mess. I hope it all gets resolved quickly.

 

Do any people you work with have any contacts with real estate? Friends, family, acquaintances, if it really does get desperate?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an email from the girl saying that she sent all the documents to the administration.

I'll stop by again on Friday morning to check with them if everything is ok.

 

 

Sleep didn't go very well, a friend called me on Skype to catch up and we were talking until past midnight...

 

CmLQvb.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it's all resolved tomorrow and that you crush those deadlifts!

 

if you were closer (like not across the ocean) I'd totally help wash pots and pans. It's the thought that counts, right?! ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Following and supporting!

 

Hello! :D

 

 

32 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I hope it's all resolved tomorrow and that you crush those deadlifts!

 

if you were closer (like not across the ocean) I'd totally help wash pots and pans. It's the thought that counts, right?! ;)

 

The housing situation just got resolved! (Yay for German efficiency.)

We've now signed a contract that I'm subletting the apartment (me and the main tenant) and I'm going to take it to the building administration to sign it back. After that everything should be alright!

 

Although I think I saw a part saying that I cannot have someone stay with me but I don't know if that's permanent or that I even cannot host someone just for a few days.

 

Thanks! I hope to crush those deadlifts as well!

 

The thought counts, a dishwasher would count more! No need to have other people suffer with me! ;) (And you're the second person offering btw! :D)

 

In other news, there are going to be Hercules and Xena viewings tonight and then they will start again in June so I may try to make it there after gym this evening (if I'm still able to stay awake).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think even in german watching the form correction might help? A bit like when I try to watch youtube videos with the sound off....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I would think even in german watching the form correction might help? A bit like when I try to watch youtube videos with the sound off....

 

That was what I was thinking but I opted out of it.

 

 

I'm going to attend the bench seminar because I told them I would but other than that I might skip any other seminar if they still keep the same behaviour. The girl at the reception of the gym was really pushing me to try personal training with the guy doing the bench seminar (even when I told her I have a coach and I'm not looking for another one) and I was very annoyed by it (there's a huge rant at my battle log). I am very happy that the gym was strength-oriented and was organising seminars and competitions but I don't like walking in and having them try to sell me anything. That put me off a bit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now