On 6/8/2016 at 8:07 PM, TaylorFit said:

I scrolled through I can't really see anything on it but what is your diet like? If you don't mind me asking? You just do pretty high volume and was wondering what you do to support that?

Thanks for the well wishes!  I would happily talk to you about my diet. 

I am primal (paleo + dairy) and rice and I try to stick pretty close to a macro diet.  (I feel best on Primal + rice... I love love love sushi and eat a good amount of yogurt.)  Up until last week, I had given myself macros, but I have finally made it onto the WAG (Working Against Gravity) team and they have given me more specific targets to hit.  Today is day 1 on their numbers, I will keep you posted on the progress. 

The only thing that fluctuates on their system is the volume of carbs I eat on training V rest days. 

Id be happy to answer any other questions you have. 

• Like 1

Yeah that sounds very much like the direction I'm heading. I'm starting to vary my carb intake and timing. For instance I find if I have carbs in the morning, I am wrecked in the afternoon. Learning the hard way that it's not just about what you eat but when as well. Nutrition is definitely the hardest thing to get right for me.

Glad to hear your side is doing better though :).

Also I know it's not the same situation you're in but my wife and I are trying for a second and it's taking a while(12months) and it degenerated into all of the timed intercourse as well. Makes you feel like an awkward teenager again I find. So can relate, at least a little in that regard.

Current Lift PB's

Snatch - 105kg | C&J - 127kg | Back Squat - 175kg | Front Squat - 137kg

Instagram / Battlelog

6 hours ago, Zera said:

I am primal (paleo + dairy)

I've been wondering what primal was (obviously not enough to search for it, but hey, in the end I didn't need to!).

It sounds like you are doing good. We so often have conditions to work around, but you aren't letting that stop you. So keep trucking on! :)

• Like 2

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

6 hours ago, Zera said:

Thanks for the well wishes!  I would happily talk to you about my diet. 

I am primal (paleo + dairy) and rice and I try to stick pretty close to a macro diet.  (I feel best on Primal + rice... I love love love sushi and eat a good amount of yogurt.)  Up until last week, I had given myself macros, but I have finally made it onto the WAG (Working Against Gravity) team and they have given me more specific targets to hit.  Today is day 1 on their numbers, I will keep you posted on the progress. 

The only thing that fluctuates on their system is the volume of carbs I eat on training V rest days. 

Id be happy to answer any other questions you have. 

What macros are you on (inc calories)? I'm always curious as to what and how much other women around my weight eat.

I'm currently on 325g carbs, 131g protein, 86g fat and 2600 calories (although will likely tweak once my weight settles post-comp). Goal is to work up to maintaining around 3000 calories a day, but got a way to go for that at the moment. I was carb and calorie cycling before this meet but seeing how I go on a very steady calorie goal given I train more days than I don't and usually train late in the evening (so most of the recovery will be overnight and into the next days).

6 hours ago, TaylorFit said:

Yeah that sounds very much like the direction I'm heading. I'm starting to vary my carb intake and timing. For instance I find if I have carbs in the morning, I am wrecked in the afternoon. Learning the hard way that it's not just about what you eat but when as well. Nutrition is definitely the hardest thing to get right for me.

What does your nutrient timing look like? I'm always interested in how other people eat, even if it's not what I would do myself.

21 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

What does your nutrient timing look like? I'm always interested in how other people eat, even if it's not what I would do myself.

My biggest problem is I train in the morning. This works counter intuitive to how my body does. At the moment though I aim for a higher fat breakfast, which I realize isn't ideal when it's around training time, but if I eat a high carb breakfast my energy is non existent for about 3 -4 hours in the afternoon. I take in some carbs post work out to help replenish muscle glycogen but I mainly try to carb load a little the night prior and rely on that to sort of help feed the body.

On an ideal day I wake up, high fat high protein breakfast, snack on nuts and things through the morning. still high fat and high protein for lunch but with some carbs added in. and then I'll snack on fruit in the afternoon and before training and go to town on rice and potatoes and things at night after training. Still getting the protein but minimizing fat intake around training times.

Current Lift PB's

Snatch - 105kg | C&J - 127kg | Back Squat - 175kg | Front Squat - 137kg

Instagram / Battlelog

On 6/14/2016 at 2:45 AM, SpecialSundae said:

What macros are you on (inc calories)? I'm always curious as to what and how much other women around my weight eat.

I'm currently on 190g carbs, 120g protein, 65g fat.  I am working on supporting my current lifting but still leaning up post pregnancy.  My macros fluctuate from week to week around my change in body comp. 

On 6/14/2016 at 2:45 AM, SpecialSundae said:

I don't do intensive nutrient timing at the moment... I'll let you know if i start!

LONG Tuesday!!  Quick summary.....

Lifting

Snatch Pull + Low Hang Power Snatch

5x complex (44)

Power Clean

5x2 (59)

2 Front Squats + Jerk

5x complex (70)

Push Jerk

5x2 (49)

Pendlay Rows

- 2 x 10 (45)

Weight

Goal Weight: 65

Today's Weight: 67.4

Reflections - Victories&Defeats:  !

Lifting

"TLC" Week 1, Day 3

Snatch

5x3 (47K)

Clean

5x3 (57K)

Back Squats

5x1 (95K)

Push Press

5x3 (50K)

5 Minutes a Day

• Free standing handstand :apologetic:(laying off these till next week bc of my back)

• Push ups :smile-new:

• Drawing :smile-new:

• Gratitude :apologetic: 

Weight

Goal Weight: 65

Today's Weight: 67.04

Ok -- I fell off the wagon tracking here because I am tracking on Myfitness Pal with my nutritionist, and TrainHeroic with my coach... I got lazy here.  But that said, the battle waged on.... With great victories!!   I am not 100% back to my old weights, but I am insanely happy with my progress.  Here is where I stand in relation to the goals I set on May 11th in. my first Battle Log.

My Goals Check-In

Lifting

• Lift 4x a week! ON TRACK!

• Snatch (Goal: 78K; Was: 67K ; Current: 74K)

• Clean and Jerk (Goal: 89K; Was: 82K; Current: 90K!)

• Squat (Goal: 115K; Was: 105K ; Current: 110K)

• Deadlift (Goal: 115K; Was: 137K; Current: )

Bonus Round: Did my first competition since nationals in 2014. I matched what I did in 2014! That was my best meet ever, so not complaints here!!!

Met-Con

EPIC faillings here... but all for the sake of the bar, so I am happy and renegotiated this goal... ready to set some new ones

Weight

GOAL: 65

Starting Weight: 71

Current: 63.5!

• Like 1