Oh, gosh, this is kind of intimidating. So much information on this site! I've been having a blast reading through everything and rerouting my thinking process to get rid of all the old "gotta do this, this, and this to look like a Greek goddess" junk and focus on the idea of getting down with the heavy lifting.

But anyways, hi! My name's Sherri, but since that username was apparently already taken, you can call me Mickie after my middle name, haha. I'm apparently one of those girls who saw the article about Staci and got incredibly inspired by it. It was very close to my own life story - I started out at 170 pounds before I decided I wanted to lose weight the summer after I graduated high school, joined weightwatchers, dropped down to a rather overly-skinny 112 pounds by doing nothin' but cardio and some minor high-rep/low-weight lifting classes here and there, and then finally realized, "Hey. Wait a second. I'm skinny like I wanted, but I'm not feeling energetic and happy, just tired all the time. What's going on here?"

I ditched WW (though I'll always appreciate the fact that they initially got me started on my journey for healthy living) and decided to do my own thing after doing research on health and fitness. I cleaned up my diet, cleaned up my exercise act, but still mostly just focused on cardio with a smattering of weights here and there. Been "doing my own thing" for about two years now, but still haven't gotten the results I wanted. Until now, at least. I just recently started experimenting with lifting weights for the past week, and I already feel amazing. It's awesome. Keeps me energized, and just.. yeah.

BUT ENOUGH RAMBLING NOW. I swear I have ADD sometimes. Anyway, like I said, I'm Sherri - I'm 21, a Jersey girl, and I'm graduating college in May and heading to medical school in August. And I want to set an example; I don't want to be the hypocritical doctor that preached health but doesn't live it. I want to be the doctor that can analyze your blood results while deadlifting three times her body weight.... if that's feasible (still figuring out all the logistics of heavy lifting here, haha. Have pity on the newbie!).

So yeah. HI!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

Hey! Just read your blog post too and I gotta say there's a lot of people here with a background similar to yours! I'm sure you will find lots of help and tips for getting where you want to be :)

Hell, just shout her name and STACIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII herself will come to the rescue!

Enjoy :3

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!