Asuka going for the win!

Asuka

This month will be epic!! 

I am at last! back in town and getting my routine down, so it's the best time to start a new challenge! Since it's my first challenge in a while, I'll try to make it a bit easier so I can get a good start and increase difficulty!

The AWESOME mini will also help motivating me with side goals!

GOALS!

Nutrition: Food will be my main focus for this challenge, as I regain control of my refrigerator now I'm back home. 

I will go back to the rule of 3 fruits or veggies per day. This rule helped me a lot, especially with snack swapping. I figure it's a good first step

Side goal in the mini: cooking more. As I was on biz trips a lot I was eating out everyday and I got used to not cooking... So I'll get back to making vegetables part of life, which, in turn, helps with my challenge goal --> SYNERGY!!

Exercise: MORE MORE MORE will be the goal of this challenge, and I'll start slow. The goal is to be able to do 2 full bodyweight workouts by the end of the challenge by starting to use again muscles that grew tired while unused. I will mix some cardio and some basic exercises to gain back strength and grow better. I used to be able to do 3 full BBWW in a row, so this is doable!

The mini will help with providing motivation to train in endurance (biking) and to push strength. AWESOME!!

Stress reduction: As I want to TREMENDOUSLY reduce my amount of stress, I am tacking this as a NF goal to get more motivation! For this challenge, goal will be to identify the things that give me stress and establish a list of potential solutions or responses to them. I started writing up an improvement plan, and hopefully it helps. 

Grading will be done simply:

- 1 point per day where I ate 3 fruits, no comp. 1 additional point if I cook!

- 1 point per day when I workout, and 1 additional point if I work on a specific exercise in the BBWW (e.g., lunges) in addition to my regular workout. I need to work on improving at that exercise, not just let myself live at an easier level. +10 points if I do 1 BBWW and +20 if I do 2!

- 11 point per week where I work on writing and then implementing my improvement plan as long as I do so more than 5 hours over the week. I do this one weekly, since there may be days where I cannot work on this. 

Max points: 4*(7+7+5+11)+10+20=150

If I reach more than 112, then I will have done a good effort ($20 in video games)

if I reach more than 135, I will have done well ($50 in video games)

If I reach more than 150, I will have done awesome!! ($100 in video games)

If I succeed in doing 2 BBWW but do not reach my minimum of 70 points, then I will only get $5 in video games and a "same player plays again". 

Let's go!

• Like 2

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall." Confucius

So much time without updating!!! I was so engrossed in the mini that I forgot to post here!

RECAP Week 1

First week was a slow one - getting back in the game, having family visit... this all meant bad scores

Nutrition: There was a lot of eating out. I tried to go for salads which helped reaching the veggie count. I cooked only once, but I managed to reach my veggie count 5 days. 

Exercise: There was a lot of slacking that week, due to staying late up at night and having NO ENERGY the next morning. I worked out three times, but really focused on strength training, not just cardio (double sessions BAM!) and managed to do one full Body weight workout !!!! WOHOO!!

Stress reduction: No meditation, but some good work on my improvement plan. Started gathering some books (project management), spoke with several people with more experience than me in the same job to see how they were doing, and I am building a good plan!

Total points: 25/30 max and +10 from one BBWW!!

This week, The SUPER DUPER mini pushed me back into a week I can be really proud of!

I aligned my mini-powers somewhat with those of the challenge, so that there would be synergy. This is really great.

I am pushing my mini-points, so yesterday I did a full 90min strength workout. I am slowly getting back to the weights I was used to use. And yesterday I managed to do @ full Bodyweight workouts!!!! I am SUPER Happy!!

I am also cooking everyday and sometimes exercising twice, just to push numbers - since super strength and toughness are using different muscles, I can pull off one training of each, especially if I do one in the morning and one at night. 

One thing is sure: I sleep well at night!  And I feel happier. 

Yay for friendly competition and going beyond what you think you can do! 

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall." Confucius

19 hours ago, Artemis said:

Team Avengers!  I love the rewards. What types of games do you prefer?

Hi Artemis!!

I'm big into Clash Royale at the moment. It's a really fun game if you spend enough time playing it, and I'm trying to get to a high level... which requires some money investment to get better cards! 

I am so obsessed I am right now planning my next 4-week challenge to be Clash Royale-themed!

RECAP Week 2

Week 2 was GOOD.

Not only did I achieve my goal (2 BBWW workouts), I regained self confidence: pushed by the mini (Thank you Fenyx), I pushed myself and went for a hard push that left me tired but happy! 

Nutrition: Everyday was 3 fruits and vegetables at least per day, thanks to the banana + protein powder pancakes and all the cooking I did for Regen

Exercise: I EXPLODED my quota, pulling, double, triple sessions, and feeling happy about it. There are LOTS of exercises I can do despite being FAT and I will continue doing them. 

Stress reduction: Not a good week. I started goo, with 2 hours working on my plan, but then got engrossed in other things and fell behind on work. I will consider comping for this week if I can put in the time today. I could have done it yesterday, but I was too lazy - I spent Sunday on the couch watching TV and playing Clash Royale rather than working on improving my project management skills. It was a deliberate choice, so I can only blame myself. So I will hold the 11 points for now, but if I can comp TODAY (Monday), then I will count them for yesterday. And then this week will start over. 

New Goal: I want to be on the leaderboard this week. Regen will be tough, but I think I can manage Super Strength or (and?) Super Toughness if I start putting in hours early enough. I'll be focusing on lower body since my left arm hurts, but I think I can do it.

I'm also thinking about my next challenge - I am slowly preparing it. It might be EPIC too...

Week 3 let's go!

• Like 1

No longer an arch rival, no nemesis indeed, but a new friend! It's like Magneto and Professor X. We were pitted against each other as we fought for the same thing! [emoji2]

Fantastic week! Meeting goals brings such a refreshing feeling but exceeding them? It's like looking at life in an entirely new way. Now if changing could be as easy as that epiphany moment

7f4ae8de5f72725ec1bc86dafd8cb98d.jpg

Yep. Lol. But the very fact that we are trying makes us worthy of that final statement. You are doing amazingly! Keep it up, you know you can now! I'll see you on the proving grounds [emoji4]

• Like 1

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

1 hour ago, Fenyx said:

No longer an arch rival, no nemesis indeed, but a new friend! It's like Magneto and Professor X. We were pitted against each other as we fought for the same thing! emoji2.png

Fantastic week! Meeting goals brings such a refreshing feeling but exceeding them? It's like looking at life in an entirely new way. Now if changing could be as easy as that epiphany moment

Yep. Lol. But the very fact that we are trying makes us worthy of that final statement. You are doing amazingly! Keep it up, you know you can now! I'll see you on the proving grounds emoji4.png

Thanks Fenyx!! 

You are right - let's continue on this journey with new friends to accompany us. And if we ever need a new jolt of motivation, I know I'll just have to look at your numbers to get back on my bike and get going!!

tumblr_m8mjxsCuXZ1qahug3o1_500.png

• Like 1

SNEAK PEEK TO THE NEXT CHALLENGE!!

Asuka in true fighting mode - If I can spend hours training, I can also make an effort on the food.

Next challenge will expand more - for the time being let's prep!

Food control goal: to be mindful of what I eat and in time decrease portions and snacking

Part 1: tracking

Part 2: smart snacking

Part 3: portion control

This will all come soon, once I've perfected the tracking and reward system...

• Like 1

Part 1 explained!

I need to track food. Every. Day. Not just on days where I ate well. Also on days when I pigged out. Not for shame, but for records.

I will beta test for the next 2 weeks of this challenge the reward and evaluation system I put in place. 

It will work in packs of 2 weeks. Rewards will grow everyday by a factor of 1.5, but only start at $0.10.

So if I jot down what I eat on the first day, I only win 10 cents. Who cares? But it is cumulative and by the end of the 2 weeks, because of the increasing factor, I get $29 if I do it for 14 days straight!!!

But if I forget... I start over at 10 cents. And then it resets every 14 days. Since it starts on Mondays, it is worst if I forget to log my meals on weekends - which is when I tend to forget.

All rewards are paid at the END of the challenge.

I started this new log system yesterday. Let's see if I can keep it on!

First half of the week update for Week 3!

I am SO HAPPY to announce I'm not afraid of workouts anymore!

I did a quick BBWW this morning (*brushes hair over shoulder*) after my usual biking and I FEEL SO GOOD!!!!

I now need to control my diet more, as all this exercise had ZERO impact so far on my diet. I have already started to log everything I eat (see sneak peek into next challenge), I am not yet consciously planning food intake or reducing it too much (maybe less snacking so I don't have to log it in hahaha).

But my energy levels are up, I'm happy to wake up and exercise in the morning and I feel better.

Now on to make CLOTHES feel better on me too... 

I've also had some time to work on my improvement plan, so I put in my hours for last week AND for this week (and this is only Wed!!!). 

tumblr_noith1cUUe1u7dwjmo1_500.jpg

Sooooooooo I AM doing well. 

I am not losing weight but it's okay. I am focused on being happy and feeling good. And endorphins are really helping with this. 

In fact, I'm alredy almost at the max of the points i had envisioned! So this am i added a new reward. In the event of my being able to reach 300 points (versus a planned max of 150) AND i have succcessfully logged food all 14 days of the second half of the challenge, then I will receive DOUBLE the max reward, which is $200 to go into super magical chests. 

Now based on my recalcs, reaching 220 should be possible, 250 doable (given 10 points for BBWW). Now 300 means another 5 BBWW on top. THIS WILL BE HARD. But i believe this will be doable.

The mini will help by providing strong competitors. And the additional money will definitely make me MOVE MY BUTT. 

Now on to the weekend. I need to rest some and EXERCISE TOO!!! 

• Like 1

Gooooood Saturday exercising. I want to DIE, but I am closer to my goal of 300 points. Actually I am at 204 with 8 days to go. Over the past 6 days (including today), I managed to get 110 points, so I BELIEVE that I can do 96 points in 8 days. Watch me do extra BBWW on Saturday night to compensate if I am below hahahaha!!

This mini has been AWESOME for me and has really helped me gain confidence again. If I had to do it again, I'd put shapeshifting instead of Regen, so that I'd do some more stretching. Or Super Intelligence and I'd have to read and study... But I'm definitely liking this!! I hope we will keep this mini format!!!

As I am writing all my muscles hurt, but I'm like 20 minutes behind for #1 spot in Super toughness and i REALLY REALLY want a leaderboard position this week. I have a small lead in Super Strength, but I know US people have yet to enter their numbers as their Saturday is just beginning. I should plan for an early workout tomorrow, before this week closes. Maybe get another BBWW done and get 10 points closer to my 300 goal? :D:D:D:D

Now I'm on for a walk for Super Toughness.

• Like 1

EXCELLENT WEEK 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week was awesome on so many levels! I exercised soooo much but my body is now used to it! SAturday I started with 90min of biking in the morning and after lunch I did almost 90min of strength training with a good stretching routine in the end and I was tired but I felt good! Then I actually went for a walk. Hahaha, so far away from my lumpy me of a few weeks ago!

Now for a Week Three recap:

Nutrition: Due to stomach pains, there were days I was at only2 fruits / veggies, but I comped on other days, for a total of 21 fruits and vegetables over the week. WIN!

Exercise: I DOUBLE EXPLODED my plan. It was probably my best exercising week EVER. I can feel my body getting used to it, and I'm pretty sure my pants are fitting better. Also managed to di 7 BBWW over the course of the week (1+2+2+2) WOOT WOOT!!! 

Stress reduction: Okay. I managed to put in almost 10 hours of self improvement plan and to comp for the week before, but overall, I was feeling more stressed than other weeks - this is probably due to work, and to some friends in really bad mood who were a bit toxic. I will need to find defense mechanisms agaist toxic people.

NOW FOR THE REWARD!!!

I am at only 89 points of the $200 prize!!! THIS IS HUUUUUGE.

Plan to get there:

- 2 workout points per day (+14) (probably more on weekdays and less on weekend!)

- 3 fruits / veggies per days + cooking (+14)

- As much as possible today and tomorrow working on my improvement plan - should reach 5 hours no problem (+11)

Since all of this is 39 points, I only need 5 full BBWW to reach the 300 I need!!! And even less if I exercise more (last week total exercise points: 22!!!!)

Also: I MADE IT TO THE LEADERBOARD IN THE MINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Toughness was CRAZY As UnquietBones KILLED it, but I started strength training early and steadily, and thanks to consistent workout and goal synergies (BBWW for the win!!), I managed to stay up!

Also: AVENGERS WON THEIR MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

So many wins for Avengers...

This week is the last one of the mini - so I'm expecting competition to be tough. But we will hold on!!

LAST WEEK FOR THE WIIN!!!

keep-calm-and-believe-you-can-do-it.png

• Like 2

Damn that's one successful week right there for sure! And the week before too! Was so busy I didn't even get to update my challenge let alone check in with buddies [emoji853], but I was reading all of it lol. Serious progress going on in your corner, and you can totally keep kicking ass! Last week of the mini is the big push for sure, I can't remember working harder at exercising and everything else than when starting this mini, and it's my first that involved heavier exercise and walking etc. Totally got this final week! Show yourself who's boss!

• Like 1

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

End of the challenge !!

This was a RESOUNDING success, mostly thanks to the mini, but also to some good motivation to keep going!!!

I started a motivation board to exercise. Here it is:

I started the challenge late, so it's only 3 weeks long.

Every tick mark represent 30min of exercise, every star is a BBWW (also reported on the RHS).

I had planned 5 half-hour sessions per week and 3 BBWW over the 3-week span.

I pulled off: 18 half-hours Week 2, 20 half-hours Week 3, and 25 Week 4!! And I managed to do 16 BBWW over 17 days WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

I also managed to write down everything I ate over the past two weeks, so now that I got back into the habit, I can manage my diet much better. I am definitely up for a new challenge !

But best of all, I met fantastic people during our mini, who inspired me to keep going and push further. Thank you inspiring ladies! Shout out to Fenyx, Jonesy and Unquietbones, who made me lift, bike, walk, cook, and learn more about myself than I could have alone!

I'm off for a new and much harder challenge - See you soon and thanks for following on!