I'm suprised there are no Michigangers.

South West of Lansing, Charlotte area. Just getting back on track wife, has set a challenge to do the hawk island sprint next year gulp! Anyone else going to be doing that?

• Like 1

Level: 2 Half Orc Class: Adventurer  STR: 3 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 3 WIS: 2 CHA: 1

My Daily Battle

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.

Hey guys! I am sorry I have gone missing for a while now. I was very busy with school but that's over. It is getting colder out here so we should plan a hike some time soon before it gets too bad. It would be nice while all of the leaves are still gorgeous! Hopefully somewhere South East? North of Detroit? I am seeing a few West MI peeps too, I used to live there so I hope you guys can get something going for yourselves.

• Like 1

Adventurous Druid Ranger

Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.

Current Challenge: Moira (NucleotidalWave) is getting back in the groove!

Hey Folks. Just moved from Northern Minnesota to Michigan. New to the forums and to my new home in Holland MI. Anyone near there?

• Like 1

"...we have a right only to our labor. All the warrior can give is his life; all the athlete can do is leave everything on the field." ~ The War of Art by Steven Pressfield quoting The Bhagavad-Gita

Also new to the forums, but I attended CNF2016. I'm near Ann Arbor area.

• Like 1

You must do the things you think you cannot do. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Just remember: Wonder Woman started training when she was a kid and doesn't age. That's about 80 years experience that won't materialize in a day, but will accumulate one day at a time.

Current Goals 5/2/2021:

30-30-30-30
1. Resume reading: I pledge to read at least a half hour every day.

2. Continue to learn: I commit to learning something every day for thirty minutes.

3. Be active: 30 minutes of activity every day.
4. Figure out my eating: (Mostly) Whole30 compliant eating for the next 30 days. 

Weight loss goal (one dash for every five pounds, turns into an x when achieved):  X   __  __  __  __  __  __  __  

On 11/19/2016 at 7:20 AM, Kage said:

Sweet! What are your goals and/or activities of choice?

My goal is to lose like 60 pounds/ gain muscle. Right now my activities are mostly using bodyweight to increase strength and jumping at Skyzone. I enjoy most everything though, I'm just still trying to find out where everything is since I'm new to the area. And I prefer the movies, but still have a healthy respect for the books :)

• Like 1
  • Born in Holland, MI... most of my family still there
  • Most of my friends in Grand Rapids, MI... out that way 2-3 weekends a month
  • (Drive by / through Lansing on the way there and back across the state twice that amount ^ so 4 or 6 times a month)
  • Work in Farmington, MI
  • Live near Royal Oak, MI

My workouts are a mix of "at home" and "LA Fitness". When I go to the gym, sometimes I go to Royal Oak because it is closer, but more often to Birmingham (they have racquetball courts). I am just getting back into lifting after an extended injury-inspired hiatus. I have met up with 3-4 nerds off NF (including a fellow Doodlie, in GR).

• Like 3

Level 14 -- Yeti Ranger -- STR 30.25 | DEX 12.00 | STA 21.00 | CON 14.75 | WIS 18.00 | CHA 7.50

Current Challenge -- Previous Challenges -- My Epic Quest -- Album of Holding -- About Me

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:54 PM, Astrid said:

AZO, Kalamazoo? Southwest, home to Bell's Brewing and Oberon!

Portage MI here :)   yay a, local :)  

I'm new to this site/forum so still getting set up & getting my bearings :) 

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/215022

I am also a member of the SCA & love all things Archery :) Eleanor is a 15th C Scottish lady, now travelling the Continent.

On 7/28/2017 at 3:45 PM, Eleanor Berwyk said:

Portage MI here :)   yay a, local :)  

I'm new to this site/forum so still getting set up & getting my bearings :) 

One Well is my favorite ;)

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve."