Not all who wander are lost....

This is it for me. Starting again and however I might meander off my plan, I'm determined to still be 'on plan' and not throw in the towel.

I'm going on an adventure....a mystery adventure in June for 16 days and I'd like to have lost some weight and got a bit fitter by then

So, my plan:

Food: I'm doing the 'Slimming World' diet. It's like normal, healthy eating and an easy in for me that also allows me to still have a social drink etc. I imagine I will tweak things as time goes on but for now this is my eating plan.

Exercise: I have become a complete couch potato so I'm starting with a daily walk. The walk I want to eventually do is about 5km. I may manage that from the off or I may need to work up to it or it may be 2 steps forward and 1 step backward, but the important thing is to walk everyday.

I go away on 17th June and I would like to see some change by then. I'll be updating this daily with food and exercise as accountability.

Well...weekends are terrible for me. Wonderfully social but I find I'm not always in control of my eating and drinking....

So, rather than feel bad and beat myself up, I'm going to concentrate on the other 5 days of the week and I'm sure the weekends will fall into place.

Watched the new Captain America film yesterday with my youngest daughter...I so want to be Natasha. She is a female Jason Bourne. So far it's only the multiple passports that we have in common ;)

And then last night was Eurovision!! Gotta love it. And it reminds me how much I love music and singing. 

Better eating yesterday, though I did go out last night and there was lots of alcohol.

Monday today. I had breakfast out so not so easy to control but the rest of the day has been okay. Given that I'm tired and feeling queasy...lol

Exercise was walking around town before coming home.

I'm heading to bed early tonight. I've done my menu for the week and hopefully after a good night's sleep I'll be on form tomorrow.

My day started off wonderfully. I did my planned walk and my food was on point and then mid afternoon, I just lost the plot and bought a load of junk food. My mind just went. I felt sad and miserable and junk food was felt to be needed. Of course I didn't really enjoy it and I'm disappointed cause I had been doing so well.

Tomorrow is another day and at some point this has got to fall into place and feel normal. It's just getting used to the boredom of consistency I guess.

I think I also have a bit too much time on my hands cause I'm not working at the moment so I over think the stuff going on in my life and get a bit lonely....I need to find things to do that will keep me busier, or take more naps.

Had a god awful nights sleep last night so that's going to end badly today :/

But while I was in bed not sleeping I did take the time to think about a few things.  A couple that make me sad and I realised it's okay to feel sad, it's okay to cry and it's certainly much better to feel the feels instead of trying squash them down with terrible food and then feeling even more feels. So I'm going to allow myself some time with that stuff.

I also realised that as I'm not a gamer at all the whole 'levelling up' doesn't really motivate me. What does motivate me is a good to do list to check off and the level up list is just like a to do list. Especially if you have no idea of what stream you're going for...there are so many amazing things to check off as part of an amazing life experience.

So, add to that my Daily Badge phone app, I'm thinking that I should just think of it as a to do list to check off daily (or however often I've set it up)

Currently  it's:

Daily walk

On plan (food) (Monday to Friday)

Food diary

Weigh in (weekly)

After another terrible night's sleep I've had a great day of ticking off my list. I'm really pleased with myself.

I've decided no more excuses. No more woe is me. Just get on and get it done.

In 12 months time, 12 months will still have gone by, whether I do my good daily stuff or give up and I would much rather see what my body can do and what I can achieve :) 

I went out last night and so slept most of this morning, but 2 days of being able to tick off my to dos

Food diary filled in

Organised walk done.

Today I also was on plan with my food without even really trying. Just because it felt right and healthy.

I've noticed I get a real sweat on when I'm doing my walk and I'm so knackered when I get home...I guess you've got to start somewhere but it's difficult to imagine running at this point lol

Another day of checking off my to dos. 

I was watching something while I ate my lunch today and I could feel myself getting restless cause I wanted to get the dishes washed and go out and do my walk. I felt like that was a real positive and I didn't feel quite as tired afterwards.

I had what felt like quite a big lunch but just a few hours later I felt hungry. Instead of going and buying junk food, getting a takeaway in or eating a load of toast (or all three!!) I just had my tea early and then had seconds.

A day of feeling proud of myself. :)