Greetings from Italy!

Hi all, my name is saretta (ok, it's really Sara, but I always use saretta on-line, go figure) and I am an almost 50 year old skinny chick. Have always been the 90 pound weakling type, though in my 30s that turned into the cellulite-laden, skinny-fat chick. Have always been the sedentary, anti-sports, anti-any-unnecessary-movement, call-me-totally-lazy type. Until I hit my 40s and suddenly fell in love with lifting weights and running. I really don't know how that happened, but thank goodness it did!

Now, my goal is to start lifting heavier weights and get more muscle definition. I have so many q's about how to get there. I live in southern Italy, so everyone not from here always says "oooh, aaah, you're so lucky, blah, blah, blah" and I guess I am, but there is NO support here for an almost 50 year old skinny lady who wants to lift heavier weights and get some muscle definition (so important as I head into all that aging holds in store for me). People here think I'm pretty weird for wanting to do that. Not that it bothers me, I just keep on keeping on, but my prob is I feel all alone and without a plan, or a guide to help me get there. Hopefully, I will find some good info and tips from the rest of you!

Oh, btw, I eat totally gluten and lactose free (because I'm intolerant to those foods) and 75% paleo, so my diet is pretty on target, I think.

Anyway, that's my story :smile-new:

Until I hit my 40s and suddenly fell in love with lifting weights and running. I really don't know how that happened, but thank goodness it did!

I'm in my 40s and just started lifting weights last year and starting to get into running.

but there is NO support here for an almost 50 year old skinny lady who wants to lift heavier weights and get some muscle definition (so important as I head into all that aging holds in store for me).

They call that "single player mode" and a lot of us are in the same position. Thank god for online forums.

Welcome.