Kiki Dee's Weekly (ish) Log

I am slightly embarrassed to admit it, but I don't believe I actually own a tennis ball!

Feeling much better today thankfully.  :)  No exercise today (none scheduled), but stuck to my diet plan as tightly as I wanted to. 

Breakfast:  slice of wholemeal bread, 1 banana

Lunch:  beef and veggie casserole (from home)

Dinner:  reheated Bolognese sauce

Dessert:  wasn't planning any but baby wanted to feed me some of his berries.  :)  So I had raspberries, blackberries and blueberries, fed to me by Mr 15mo.  :)  Many giggles were had!

Snacks:  None.

Drinks:  3 black coffees, 1 green tea, lots of water (3 x 600mL bottles)

No dance tomorrow (week off between terms) so will aim to do a yoga session with husband.  :) 

• Like 1

Not a terrible day today.  Work work, clinics blegh.  Rotten headache all evening.

Breakfast:  slice of wholemeal.  Daughter ate the last banana.  :( 

Lunch:  beef and veggie casserole

Dinner:  chicken, peas and carrots

Snacks:  two mandarins

Drinks:  two black coffees, two glasses of red wine, three bottles of water.

I did yoga!  (Water A).  Go me!

That spot on my right quad is still super sore.  Think it might be a little tear or something.  Stopped me from doing a few of the yoga moves properly.  Fingers crossed for improvement tomorrow, I do want to be able to work out tomorrow night!

• Like 1

Better day.  :)  No work is always a help!!!

Breakfast:  scrambled eggs.  As usual, baby who doesn't eat them if they're on his plate "helped" me finish them off.  :) 

Lunch:  at the bakery after dance class.  Ordered the soup - it turned out to be minestrone with TWO small (thankfully wholemeal) dinner rolls!!!  So not precisely paleo, but at least there was a hefty serving of vegetables in there!  Overall still probably a healthier option than the pie.  Very tasty!

Dinner:  pork sausages with garlic cauliflower mash, roast pumpkin, and peas.  Oh my goodness you should have seen the face the baby pulled when I gave him some mash!!!  NOT a fan!!!!!

Snacks:  I found some Easter chocolates in the back of the cupboard!  Managed to limit myself to 4.

Drinks:  Two black coffees.  One green tea.  Loads of water.

Exercise:  Daughter's parental-participation dance class in the morning.  Truckloads of cleaning in the afternoon (cleaner was here from 2-5, I spend the time cleaning also!)  Just finished the usual workout.

Warmup:  5min elliptical

Squat press:  machine +20kg.  2 supersets, double leg x 15, single leg x 8 each side.  Think I will increase the weight next week as I managed it just fine on my left leg.  (Right was a bit iffy but it's still not recovered from Saturday in that quad so it gets a pass!  Usually it's the left that struggles so as it's ok I think I'll go up).

Cardio 1:  row 500m, 30sec quickstep, 3 sets.  I seriously don't like this element, I always end up feeling sick by the 300m mark.  I'm glad it's early in the program as it gets it out of the way fast!!!  I was hoping it would be getting easier by now, but it's really not!  (Though my times are improving.  But it still knackers me!)

Chest:  incline dumbbell bench press, 6kg (up from 5), supersetted with 10 pushups (on knees), 2 sets.

Cardio 2:  elliptical 30 sec recovery, 30 sec sprint.  5 mins.

Back/shoulders:  2 supersets.  Low rows, machine setting 4; lat pulldowns, setting 60; seated dumbbell shoulder presses, 4kg.

Core:  Pallof Press, 3 x 10 each side, setting 3.  Back hyperextensions, bodyweight, 2 sets 10.  Teapots, 2 sets 10 each side, 10kg.  Alt arm/leg raises, 2 sets 10.  Single plank to failure (only lasted 20sec because my arms gave out!)

Stretch.  I spent a bit longer than usual stretching tonight as I got down to the gym early so had some extra time before closing.  It was lovely.  :)

Well, friends who are following my log, tell me:  am I a Ranger or a Warrior?  :) 

Uneventful day today.  Non-workout day, went to the markets, had coffee with a friend and her 8mo baby (we didn't give the baby any coffee), got loads of fruit and veggies for the next week.  Discovered I need to come up with some ideas for quick-to-put-together lunches at home for days like today, when I thought I'd probably be out for lunch but ended up home.  :S

Breakfast:  2 scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spinach, 1 slice wholemeal + grain bread.

Lunch:  Small tin baked beans, slice of aforementioned bread.

Dinner:  out at the club with mum, baked baby snapper with vegetables and chips.  (Ate maybe 1/3 of the chips then decided I'd had enough.  Ate all the fish and most of the veg though!)

Snacks:  1 mandarin, a few berries

Drinks:  3 black coffees, lots of water, 1 lemon lime and bitters

Activity:  Just a lot of domestics and the trip to the markets.

Have gotten home after 9pm and am absolutely exhausted.  Miss 4 was rather challenging in her behaviour today.  Not a chance of yoga.  Interestingly I've been blaming my Friday evening exhaustion on the wine I usually drink at the club.  Didn't touch a drop tonight and am every bit as knackered.  Must just be end-of-the-week stuff.

Meal plan for the next week includes a lamb roast, chicken stir fry for lunches for the week, and a slow cooked penang chicken curry.  :) All of course with lashings of vegetables - I've got pumpkin, spinach, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, bok choy. baby corn, carrots, celery, asparagus, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower... Can't complain about lack of variety!!!  :) 

Just going to get down today's workout before the details skip my mind! Needed to go a little easier on the legs today, as (a) right quad still injured (it's ok with slow movements if I can brace it, but anything fast it screams at me and collapses), and (b) I quite fancy being able to walk tomorrow!!! PT session with Jaimee. Checked in on the gym scales, 83.7, going nowhere fast on that metric... oh well. Benchpress a bear. Rawr. :) 

Warmup: 5mins elliptical

Legs: 3 supersets of:

Kettlebell squats (weight between the legs), 8kg I think, 15 reps

Step-ups, body weight, knee high, approx 1.5ft stool, 20 reps each side

Cardio 1: "Suicides", 2 sets

Station 1: was meant to be mountain climbers but couldn't do it (quad), so plank/prone swaps (on knees)

Station 2: 10x star jumps

Station 3: 10 x pushups (again, knees!)

Station 4: 30sec run on spot, max speed

Upper body: 3 supersets of:

10 low rows (setting 3)

10 dumbbell rows each side, 8kg

10 upright shoulder rows, 12kg kettlebell

Cardio 2: 5mins on crosstrainer, first min warmup, remaining time alternating legs only/arms only for 1min at a time, max effort. Ooooooh triceps!

Core: 2 supersets of:

10 x hyperextensions, 5kg weight

10 x teapots each side, 10kg weight

Then 2 sets of 10 alt arm/leg raises.

Aaaaand stretch. :) 

Will log food tonight. :) 

Or, you know, I could log two days of food the night after.  You know.  :) 

Saturday:

Breakfast:  1 banana, 1 mandarin (both eaten by the poolside watching kids' swimming lessons after PT)

Lunch:  roast pumpkin salad, mmmmm!  (went out)

Dinner:  Out with friends.  Had veal saltimbocca with roasted vegetables.  Very yummy.  And chased that down with a slice of baked rhubarb cheesecake.  Even yummier!!!

Snacks:  Celery and carrot sticks with hommus.

Drinks:  2 black coffees, 1 green tea, 3 glasses red wine (eep!  sure regretted that the next morning!), lots of water.

Sunday:

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs, mushrooms, spinach and a bit of leek.  Mmmm.  :) 

Lunch:  chicken stir fry (cooked a big batch for the next 3 days and had a bit too much for the containers, so, lunch!)

Dinner:  Mother over to visit.  Roast lamb with roasted pumpkin, sweet potato, potato (not much of that for me), and steamed asparagus and broccoli.

Snacks:  1 banana, celery and carrot sticks with hommus.

Drinks:  2 black coffees, 2 glasses red wine (over 3 hours), lots of water.

Have batch prepped lunch for the next 3 days - stirfry with chicken and All The Veggies (eggplant, zucchini, mushroom, carrot, snow peas, bok choy, baby corn, onion). Plan is for husband to do a Penang curry in the slow cooker tomorrow, as he has leave for the next 3 weeks and I don't.  We shall see if that happens!!!

Continuing to have troubles with previously well-tolerated amounts of alcohol.  Tonight after less than half a glass I'd flushed bright red and was itchy all over my face.  Very uncharacteristic.  At least I didn't feel intoxicated from tonight's intake.  But I'm still itchy.

No exercise today.  Spent most of the day cooking and cleaning.  Should have done some yoga but am far too tired right now.  Baby is sick again, not sleeping well, so nobody's sleeping well (except Miss 4 who seems able to sleep through the apocalypse!).  Early night for me now I think.

Better day today.  Helped by baby only waking up three times overnight, and on two of those occasions he settled himself back in.  Yay!

Food:

Breakfast:  scrambled eggs, 1 slice homemade bread

Lunch:  chicken and veggie stirfry

Dinner:  slow-cooked Penang curry with actual real proper rice!!!  (I worked out straight after so that's allowed right?!?!)  (Seriously that is my first rice in like a month...)

Snacks:  1 banana after workout

Drinks:  2 black coffees.  Lots of water (3 bottles at work, 2 during workout, 2 glasses before dinner, a glass with dinner... oddly I'm not running to the bathroom!!!!)

Analgesia:  2 doses for back pain.  First I've needed in weeks.  Not sure what's set it off, it's been trouble yesterday and today.  Did two laparoscopies at work and definitely needed the analgesic assistance!  Wasn't a huge issue during my workout though.

Exercise = my standard workout with a couple of increases in weight

Squat press:  machine +30kg.  2 supersets, double leg x 15, single leg x 8 each side.  This was an increase from 20kg but I managed to push out both sets ok (struggling by the last rep of the singles but got there!)  Will keep it steady for Thursday then hopefully up the weight again next week if no further injury setbacks.  I am noticing though how much less of the leg is worked with a squat press compared with a BB low squat.  Would like to get my back stable enough that low squats can come into my standard workout rather than just keeping them under supervision as they are atm.  Don't get me wrong, they're bloody bastards to do, but I reckon they'd give me ace leg strength for samba!

As an aside, when I got to the machine nobody was using it (nor did anyone go back and use it after me), but some douchebro had left it loaded with 50kg on each side!!!!!!!  So little 5'1 me got to lift 100kg of weights (well, 4x25kg!) before I could even use the thing!  Ass.  I told myself he probably couldn't lift them.  ;) (I put my piddly little 5 and 10kg weights back after I used them!   :P )

Cardio 1:  row 500m, 30sec quickstep, 3 sets.  New PB on the first row, 2.06!  Shaved off 3 seconds.  Booyah.  :) Even my slow 2nd and 3rd sets now are reliably faster than my first attempt.  I guess I'm getting better.  :)  Still a killer!!!

Chest:  incline dumbbell bench press, 6kg, supersetted with 10 pushups (on knees), 2 sets.  Second time in a row successfully doing both elements.  May need to up weight to 7kg.

Cardio 2:  crosstrainer 30 sec recovery, 30 sec sprint.  5 mins.

Back/shoulders:  2 supersets.  Low rows, machine setting 4; lat pulldowns, setting 65 (up from 60); seated dumbbell shoulder presses, 4kg.  Successful at all elements, struggling at the end of the low rows, could probably look at upping shoulder presses to 5kg soon.

Core:  Pallof Press, 3 x 10 each side, setting 3.  Should go up next time - think I won't push the friendship, will go to 3.5 rather than straight to 4.  Back hyperextensions, 5kg weight, 2 sets 10.  Teapots, 2 sets 10 each side, 10kg. 

Alt arm/leg raises, 2 sets 10 and single plank to failure not done because the gym was closing and they kicked me out.  :( (Nicely!)

Aaaaaand bedtime.  :) 

• Like 2

2-day update;

Tuesday:

Breakfast: 1 slice homemade bread, 1 banana

Lunch:  Chicken and veggie stirfry

Dinner:  Rotary changeover dinner, preset menu.  Got beef on a bed of mashed potato, dessert = apple tart.

Snacks:  carrot and celery sticks with hommus.

Drinks:  2 black coffees, lots of water.  Declined the wine at the dinner, didn't feel like it.  And it's been making me feel rubbish of late.

Exercise:  None.

Work:  Antenatal clinic morning.  Gynae clinic afternoon.

Study:  None.  (Rotary!)

Today:

Breakfast:  1 slice homemade bread, 1 banana

Lunch:  Chicken and veggie stirfry

Dinner:  Reheated Penang curry with rice.  Mmmmm, rice!  But now it's sitting in my stomach in a big globby ball and I feel heavy and blegh.  Also I noticed today I have some pimples on my face!!!  Not sure whether they're due to the apple tart yesterday, or the rice on Monday, either way I think they're a reflection that I have not been quite so "paleoish" this week!

Snacks:  3 mandarins.  A few grapes.  Carrot and celery sticks with hommus.

Drinks:  2 black coffees, 4 bottles water (3 at work, 1 at dance)

Exercise:  Samba class.  Tough one tonight!  Personal goal:  I WILL make it to the end of at least one of the 45-second basic sprints by the end of the month!!!  Rawr cardiovascular fitness.

Work:  Teaching students in the morning.  Gynae clinic in the afternoon.

Study:  None other than a little colposcopy prep before the teaching session.  Does lecturing for 2 1/2hrs solid count as "study"?  :S

Yes, I will now be logging what I've done at work and any study I have managed to achieve during the day.  Because for the next few months, that will be important for me.  After October 23rd I'll probably stick with the diet/exercise thing again.  :) 

• Like 1

Not a bad day.  Home with the children, husband was also home which oddly makes it feel like a weekend!

Breakfast:  2 scrambled eggs, with sautéed mushrooms and bok choy (out of spinach!)

Lunch:  at the bakery, vegetable minestrone with bread rolls

Dinner:  roast pork with roasted potato and sweet potato, steamed broccoli and asparagus.  Swapped some of my plain potato for some of husband's sweet potato.  ;) 

Snacks:  half a mandarin, carrot and celery sticks with hommus

Drinks:  3 black coffees, then 1 white coffee at the hairdresser.  It's been a caffeiney day.  :) Lots of water to balance it out.

Work:  nope, Thursday!  Did get my hair cut, there goes a couple of hours!

Study:  Nope.  :( 

Exercise:  Daughter's dance class in the morning.

Usual workout tonight:

Squat press:  machine +30kg.  2 supersets, double leg x 15, single leg x 8 each side.  Struggled but got there.

Cardio 1:  row 500m, 30sec quickstep, 3 sets.  Really wasn't feeling great today, possibly because I forgot my Ventolin pre-workout.  Managed 2.07 on the first row, which is only 1 sec off that new PB I set on Monday.  Second and third rows the times weren't flash (2.20 and 2.13), but by the end of the third I thought I might be about to vomit.  So I think I achieved the "max intensity" descriptor my PT wants me at for that exercise!

Chest:  incline dumbbell bench press, 6kg (or did I do 7?  not sure whether I did 7 or decided to increase to 7 next time... ah well, it's written down at the gym!), supersetted with 10 pushups (on knees), 2 sets.  Was really pleased with how the pushups went actually, think my improved core strength is helping.

Cardio 2:  crosstrainer 30 sec recovery, 30 sec sprint.  5 mins.

Back/shoulders:  2 supersets.  Low rows, machine setting 4; lat pulldowns, setting 65 (will up to 70 next time); seated dumbbell shoulder presses, 5kg (up from 4kg).  Successful at all elements.  Just!

Core:  Pallof Press, 3 x 10 each side, setting 3.5.  Back hyperextensions, 5kg weight, 2 sets 10.  Finding the last 2 reps of these really hurt when I'm using the weight.  Teapots, 2 sets 10 each side, 10kg. 

Alt arm/leg raises, 2 sets 10, single plank to failure (45 seconds)

And a stretch so deep it was almost meditative.  I was astonished to find my forehead made it down to my knee when doing a single leg hamstring stretch.  That's new!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TaylorFit said:

Seems like a pretty serious workout! Keep it up.

Hows the youngin'? Has he recovered?

Does it really?  I certainly worked hard, but it's not like I'm really lifting heavy or anything.  Of course I have no idea what a normal starting weight would be for this stuff anyway.  :)  I'm having fun and upping things gradually.

Little man is heaps better thanks.  :) Still has a perpetual runny nose, but he's a daycare baby so that's not likely to change soon!

8 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

I can only dream of having a hamstring stretch like that! :)

I was totally surprised myself!!!  My hamstrings are usually really tight... I just got distracted with thoughtful reflection during the stretch, and kept stretching for about 2 minutes on each side instead of my usual 30sec or so, and suddenly I realised I was right down on my knee!  Good to know if my muscles are warm, and I stretch out long enough, they actually do go that far!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kiki Dee said:

Does it really?  I certainly worked hard, but it's not like I'm really lifting heavy or anything.  Of course I have no idea what a normal starting weight would be for this stuff anyway.  :)  I'm having fun and upping things gradually.

Little man is heaps better thanks.  :) Still has a perpetual runny nose, but he's a daycare baby so that's not likely to change soon!

Lifting is relative. Just because I lift more weight doesn't make it easier or harder, just depends on the level you're at.

My little one had the never ending cough for about 10 weeks, every time she'd go to daycare it would just re-intensify. It's gone now touch wood.

Current Lift PB's

Snatch - 105kg | C&J - 127kg | Back Squat - 175kg | Front Squat - 137kg

Instagram / Battlelog

Pretty good day.  Many self-maintenance appointments!

Breakfast:  1 piece homemade bread (herby Italian, husband's latest creation - soft and yummy!)

Lunch:  Reheated Penang curry with 1 small eggplant and 1 small zucchini, both sliced, steamed and stirred through the curry.  Yum!!!

Dinner:  Out to the club with my mum.  Duck leg confit on mashed pumpkin with steamed cauliflower, beans, broccoli and carrot.  Had a banana when I got home for dessert.  :)

Snacks:  None.  Too busy!

Drinks:  3 black coffees.  Not enough water (probably about 1 litre, all in the afternoon/evening - wasn't paying enough attention to water intake in the morning)

Study:  45 minutes.  Completed Chapter 1 of Nelson-Piercy (hypertension and pre-eclampsia).

Exercise:  Incidental only (though I feel like I walked a mile!)

Other Stuff Achieved:  First laser hair removal appointment!  Not terribly exciting in the end!  Wax appointment (for areas not having laser!).  Daughter's gymnastics class.  Dinner with mother.  :) And bought birthday presents for a) friend's son who has his 2nd birthday party tomorrow, b ) daughter's friend who has his 4yo birthday party next weekend.  :) 

Logging this morning's PT workout before I forget the details.

Took 8mins on the elliptical before I felt warm today. It's chilly out there!!!

We did a "Tabata style" circuit which was mostly upper body focused.

"Suicides" - just the run, no recovery, straight into the circuit.

All other stations 40sec active work, 20 sec recovery before hitting next station.

Squat press, (squats were low), 5kg on the red bar. (Have Googled and cannot for the life of me find the weight of that bar! I swear it's just a sneaky way for Jaimee to have me lift just a couple of kg more than I think I am!)

Barbell rows, same 5kg bar

Upright kettlebell rows, 6kg KB

"Battle ropes" (I have never done these before, what a killer!)

Pushups (on knees)

Quicksteps (platform only)

Press slams, 6kg medicine ball

Die, wait 1 minute, and repeat!

We did 4 circuits. First time round I thought the weights were a bit light but I do trust Jaimee! Fourth time round I'd say yes I probably could have gone slightly heavier on the BB/KB component but by the medicine ball it was all I could do to grunt out that final rep! Yeah it turns out I get a bit vocal when I'm really pushing hard. :P

Overall I am absolutely knackered, was a great workout. Have only eaten one slice of rye bread pre-workout (I could claim late rising again but in truth I bought Battleborn for my husband yesterday, we tried co-op last night, I suck at it, and I decided to complete the Prologue this morning so at least I can select my character for the mission and work on learning to play one instead of just getting a random toon each time!!!) And a banana post-workout. Will be indulging in some kids party food this afternoon because Life, but dinner will be sensible. :) 

• Like 1

Well, today has been a dietary disaster!  Oh well.  Back on the horse tomorrow.

The gory details:

Breakfast:  as above, one slice of homemade rye bread (it's soooo good) pre-workout, one banana post-workout

Lunch:  scrambled eggs with sautéed leek, mushroom and spinach

Dinner:  husband made a chicken curry.  I convinced him to put an eggplant and zucchini in it, and he served it with beans, but the veggie content was way lower than I would have liked.  Also I intended to use the last of the cauliflower in the fridge as cauliflower rice - pulled it out and it had definitely turned (very soft and floppy, blegh) so I had it with steamed basmati rice.  Not exactly on the diet plan!

Snacks:  This is the disaster zone!  I was hungry after lunch so had another slice of bread (it really is very good!), then remembered we were heading out to a party in literally half an hour!  I was actually relatively restrained there compared with my past behaviour, but did have a cheese pastizzo, two handfuls of plain chips, and FOUR crackers with quince jelly and brie!  (Oh how I do love soft cheese!)  And a cupcake.  With white chocolate buttercream icing.  Om-nom-<expletive>-nom.  :) 

Drinks:  Two black coffees.  Water, lots of.  Have had one glass of red wine, it's made me itchy/red again, but it's a really good expensive bottle so I'll probably have a second glass once we load up Battleborn.  :) 

Study:  Yeah, nope.

Exercise:  as per previous post.

I guess the day wasn't a complete loss.  Could have been worse.  :)  And all the food actually left me feeling quite sick.  Which I shall take as a good sign that my expectations are adjusting to a more reasonable intake.

Scale still hasn't shifted though.  Grrrrr!!!!!

• Like 1

As it's the first day of a new challenge today... (and I kinda joined the NF Academy and they made me do this...) Progress Shots!

1 month ago:

baseline%20front.jpg

baseline%20side.jpg

And now:

20160612_102120.jpg

20160612_102148.jpg

Lighting is probably better in the second set (got my husband to take it for me!  was too embarrassed to ask him last month!), and angle is different (because the first are selfies from 5'1 and the second were taken by Mr 6'4!) but I think the differences, especially through the upper body, are really noticeable.  :)

Posture in that second side shot is appalling though!  :P but I think that top tummy roll has, like, halved in size!

• Like 1

I keep looking at these pictures and feeling really good about the visual changes. But I can't believe there is literally less than 2kg difference between them!!!!  That muscle really does weigh a lot more than the fat that's come off! Oh well. It's the muscle I really want anyway. :) I don't mind being 80kg if every kilo of that is working for me and not against me. :) 

• Like 1

Official Log for the day:

Breakfast:  scrambled eggs, mushrooms, leek, spinach and a bit of garlic.  1 slice of rye bread.

Lunch:  Probably the best choice out of a bad bunch:  chicken laksa.  Got stuck having lunch at 2pm in a food court with two children far too hungry to wait for a 20min drive home.  The laksa was loaded with veggies, though it was also loaded with rice noodles.  Better choice than a burger and fries or a hot dog though!

Dinner:  Bolognese with zucchini noodles.  Made the Bolognese sauce with the usual meat, tomato, onion, garlic, but added in finely diced eggplant, grated carrots, grated pumpkin, and grated broccoli stalk.  Tasted fantastic.  Have enough left for lunches on Tuesday and Wednesday.  :)

Snacks:  1 banana.

Drinks:  2 black coffees.  1 flavoured mineral water (husband bought it for me at lunch; would have preferred water but oh well.)  Probably going to have a green tea in a minute.  4 or 5 glasses of water, possibly not enough as I now have a rotten headache.

Challenge (Diet):  Definitely >4 serves of veggies between the three meals.  1 piece of fruit.  Non-paleo elements = bread and noodles.  Pass.  :) Meals prepared for both days of work this week.  Just got to remember to take them now!  ;) 

Study:  Nope.  Children all day.  :)  now that they are in bed, I'm exhausted!  Also the aforementioned headache.  

Challenge (Study):  Total at day 1 of challenge week = 0 hrs.  Am going to see if husband can take daughter out for a bike ride tomorrow while baby naps, and I can get a bit in then.

Exercise:  Does walking/pushing a stroller through an entire IKEA count?

Challenge (Workouts):  0 so far this week

Challenge (Yoga):  0 so far this week

Achievements:  Well, we got a new TV cabinet... The old one had a badly damaged door which I was happy to just put up with for a while longer, but Mr 15mo decided this morning to forcibly remove it.  Rawr baby hulk!   (He was a bit surprised when it came off!)  Hence the trip to IKEA.  And the late food court lunch!  Happy to say the cabinet has been completely assembled and our marriage emerged unscathed.  ;)  We also bought a shelving unit and storage buckets for the bottom of our daughter's wardrobe.  Hoping to attack said wardrobe tomorrow and get it organised.  :) 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

Progress shots are awesome! Well done. Wow and you got hubby to take them, I am far too embarrassed to ask my SO to take any.

Never been to IKEA, but they reckon the place is awesome, even in Perth.

Awesome is the right word!!!  It's absolutely huge!  A little overwhelming at times!  Our IKEA in Canberra opened last year, people were giddy with excitement because Canberrans used to do trips up to IKEA Sydney with a list of things their friends wanted them to bring back.  It was absolutely chockers yesterday.  I gather it is pretty much every weekend.

Right.  Enough public-holiday sitting about.  Off to the gym, get the workout sorted.  :)

• Like 1

It's freezing cold.  My back hurts.  It's a public holiday and the whole family are home.  My couch is comfy.

Still worked out. 

Warmup:  10min elliptical (yup, it's that cold it took me twice as long as usual to feel warm!)

A big guy was sitting on the squat press so I had to mix up my order a bit.  (I say sitting on cos he mostly seemed to be checking his phone, but I assumed he did some squat presses eventually!  He'd moved on by the end of my first cardio!)

Chest:  incline dumbbell bench press, 7kg (up from 6kg), supersetted with 10 pushups (incline on bench, progression today from knees), 2 sets.  Stoked that I could progress to the next "level" of pushups. :) Pushups = squeezed out 10 in the first set, 5+3+2 second "set".  It'll get there.  :) 

Cardio 1:  row 500m, 30sec quickstep, 3 sets.  2.06/2.23/2.15.  Yup, knackered myself totally on the first set, as usual!  I found these were even harder after doing my chest work than they are after doing legs!  Think they're just gonna be a b**** no matter what comes beforehand!

Squat press:  machine +35kg (up from 30kg).  2 supersets, double leg x 15, single leg x 8 each side.  No breaks.  Rawr.  :) 

Cardio 2:  crosstrainer 30 sec recovery, 30 sec sprint.  5 mins.  I wouldn't have believed it, but I actually have come to really enjoy this station.  I can maintain the intensity for 30sec now and the 30sec recovery actually seems long and luxurious.  Don't tell Jaimee, she'll probably 40/20 it!!!

(Maybe I should 40/20 it?  Note to self:  try 40/20 on Thursday.  Ranger gonna ranger.)

Back/shoulders:  2 supersets.  Low rows, machine setting 4 (haven't changed this in ages but this is the first time I didn't lose form on the last few reps - one more workout with perfect form and this must go up); lat pulldowns, setting 70 (up from 65); seated dumbbell shoulder presses, 5kg (stable - last rep is a struggle!).  I love this superset.  :) Always feel like a total boss at the end of it.  A jellified boss, but a boss nevertheless!

Core:  Pallof Press, 3 x 10 each side, setting 3.5.  Back hyperextensions, 5kg weight, 2 sets 10.  Still have pain on the last 2 reps so won't up the weight there yet.  I do need to be careful with that catastrophe that passes for my lumbosacral spine, even if all this work has improved it out of sight.  Teapots, 2 sets 10 each side, 10kg. Sore on last few reps - not increasing yet for the same reasons.  Not sure how to increase this safely actually, wouldn't be able to carry a 10 and a 5kg plate in one hand, but 20 would be too high.  Oooooh!  A kettlebell!!!!  That'll do it!  But not yet.  (Sorry folks who read this log, you kinda get my train of thought stuff!)

Alt arm/leg raises, 2 sets 10, single plank to failure (55 seconds on toes, new PB!  Yeah!  I WILL make 1 minute on Thursday!  For a girl who couldn't plank on her toes AT ALL 6 weeks ago, this is AWESOME!!!!!)

Walked out feeling like an absolute champ.

Starving.  Lunch.  Now!!!

• Like 1

Final check-in for the Public Holiday Monday (thank you for that, Your Majesty!):

Breakfast:  1 slice wholemeal bread, straight out of the breadmaker.  :)  Yummy!

Lunch:  Could have been better.  Had nothing much lunchworthy in the house, husband went out to get a healthy takeaway (meat + salad on a plate).  Came back about 45 minutes later and reported nearly all the takeaways were closed!  He brought home barbecued chicken, a small serve of chips (which we split 3 ways) and a small pasta salad (aaaarrrghhh!!!!  I am the only one in the family who eats this!!!  He said he was "proud of me for working out and he knows how much I love the pasta salad from this place but he only got a small one because he knows I'm trying to eat healthily"... I wish he had asked me, I'd have said not to get it at all!!!)  Anyway it ended up being only about 8 chips on my plate, that small tub of pasta salad, and a BBQ chicken drumstick, to which I insisted on adding carrots and green beans.

Dinner:  Sausages with carrots, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes.

Snacks:  1 banana.  Another cheeky half-slice of bread (baby seemed hungry, but refused the bread... so I ate it!)

Drinks:  2 black coffees.  2 green teas.  Plenty of water.

Challenge (Diet):  Definitely >4 serves of veggies.  1 piece of fruit.  Too many non-paleo elements.  Borderline result.

Study:  Yes!  Got one hour in while husband took daughter on a bike ride and baby napped.  Nelson-Piercy again, chapter 2 (heart disease in pregnancy).  

Challenge (Study):  Total at day 2 of challenge week 1 = 1 hr (of target 3hrs), 0 cases.

Exercise:  See earlier post.  Smashed it.  :)  Has left me a bit tired for the rest of the day though... In the past I always thought I liked morning workouts best, but honestly since I started this regimen a few weeks ago I'm finding the late-night workouts are actually best for me.  A good sleep and I feel recovered in the morning, compared with this slogging on tired through the rest of the day business!

Challenge (Workouts):  1 (of target 3) so far this week

Challenge (Yoga):  0 (of target 1) so far this week

Other Achievements:  Daughter's new storage unit is now assembled and located on the floor of her wardrobe.  Am half way through rationalising her wardrobe (ie packing away the things she's grown out of!).  Think it'll be great when it's all done, will help keep her room much tidier.  :) 

• Like 1