Kiki Dee's Weekly (ish) Log

OK.  Complete mental breakdown - check.  Emergency session with psychologist - check.  Back on an even keel - stay posted!  But well enough to get back on the horse/forum.

Also:  80hr week of nights.  <Expletive> CHECK.  Done!  Woohoo!  Now I have 9 days recovery before I need to go back to work again.  :D Hopefully plenty of time to get my head, body and arse into gear.  :) 

So, without further ado, we respawn and start logging again today.  (I didn't actually eat TOO badly while on nights.  Certainly better than my past record on night shift.  But when it's 4am, and a colleague has baked a delicious cake, well it would be simply rude to refuse right?  I brought carrots with dip, and chopped up fruit for The Trough.  And had a healthy "lunch" each night.)  I think it'll be easy to slip back into my healthy pattern now that I'm not nocturnal any more.  :) 

Today so far!

Pre-workout snack of 1 banana.  And 2 black coffees because resetting my diurnal rhythm is not a lot of fun.

Workout with Jaimee:

200m rower max intensity, 10 slams with 6kg medicine ball, 5 burpees.  3 sets.

Battle Ropes:  30 sec waves, 20 sec rest.  30 sec slams, 20 sec rest.  30 sec Russian twists, rest.  3 sets.

I think I may have actually been dying at this point.  Certainly I was seeing many bright lights!!!!

10 crunches, 10 bicycles, 10 reverse crunches.  2 sets.

20 arm/leg raises, 20 bodyweight Russian twists, legs in air.  10 arm/leg raises, 10 bodyweight Russian twists, legs in air.

Cooldown and stretch.

Doesn't seem like the hugest workout but it was an absolute killer.  By the end I was shaking so much I could hardly sign my own name!  So that feels good.  :) 

Post-workout Breakfast Of Champions:

2 scrambled eggs, button mushrooms, leek and garlic sautéed in truffle butter.  (All out of spinach, husband did the shop last week and didn't get any!)

Actually on the subject of eggs, funny story!  Our hens have been off the lay for a couple of weeks now.  It's understandable, it's been bloody freezing, I totally get that they may not want to be laying eggs in this weather.  Well.  I only had 3 eggs in the pantry for breakfast, I wanted two, and my daughter wanted some too.  I heard Ariel (our flock leader) cackling outside so I figured she was laying, and I popped out to see if she'd produced another egg I could add to brekkie.  Nothing in the nesting box.  But I could not find Ariel for the life of me.  The other three girls (Elsa, Anna and Rapunzel) were all milling around my feet but Ariel was nowhere to be seen.

Then I heard a rustling under the box hedge.

Well.  Queen Ariel was sitting there quite contentedly.  I thought I could see an egg underneath her.  When I moved her fluffy little bottom along, she was sitting on SIX!!!!!  And about a foot further along, there were another SEVEN!!!!!  Clearly our girls have not been off the lay at all, they've just decided they prefer somewhere other than their nesting box!!!!!  So now I have a dozen eggs waiting to be eaten!  :D  Happy happy me!!!

And now I'm off for my shower.  :) 

• Like 2

Respawn baby. :)

This morning's workout was an abbreviated introduction to my new program with my PT.  Light on many exercises owing to being sick. (Just an annoying URTI, but I have no voice!!!) Yes I know, illness is a sucky time for a respawn. But - No excuses!!!

Warmup:

5 mins elliptical 

Legs:

10 squats with Olympic bar (no weight today, just getting back into it!)

20 walking lunges with 25kg bar

2 sets (will be 3 in full program)

Cardio 1:

1 min stepper, 1min jog on treadmill.

3 sets, no break between. Settings today were 8 on stepper, 7 on treadmill. Aiming to work up to high teens on stepper, low teens on treadmill.

Chest:

15 x DB chest press, flat, 8kg (up to 9 next workout)

10 x DB chest flies, flat, 5kg

2 sets, will be 3 in full program

Cardio 2:

300m rower sprint

10 x 6kg medicine ball squat-press-slams

20 mountain climbers (slow)

Back:

10 x low rows, setting 4

10 x bent-over DB rows, 8kg

15 x KB swings, 8kg (up to 12kg next time)

Core bonus not done today (out of time) but will be Roman chair leg raises and a plank. Frankly there's enough compound work in this program to keep my core working hard anyway!!!

Stretch.

No food thus far, we just got back from vacation last night and haven't restocked yet! Trip out this arvo for fruit, veg and protein. For now, husband has just brought home Zambrero - probably the best fast food choice available!

• Like 1

And a food log for the day:

Breakfast:  None

Lunch:  Zambrero lamb burrito.

Dinner:  Swordfish steaks marinated in soy, fresh coriander, ginger and garlic.  Green salad (lettuce/spinach etc, carrot, onion, cherry tomatoes) with balsamic vinegar.  Yummy.  :)

Snacks:  One square of chocolate (husband bought a block to share with the kids)

Drinks:  Water.  Lots and lots of water.

Alcohol:  Zero.  This was significantly harder than I anticipated.  Should be easier when I finish my leave and go back to work next week.

Quiet day yesterday.  Getting sicker, not better - boo hiss!!!  No voice whatsoever.  Makes it difficult to wrangle Miss M (4yo) and the Little Man (21mo)!!!

Breakfast:  1 banana

Lunch:  Homemade bread with ham, shaved Jarlsberg and mayonnaise

Dinner:  Reheated lasagne (OMG did Little Man go crazy for that!  My mum does make basically the best lasagne ever!)

Drinks:  2 coffees, loads of water.

Alcohol:  Zero.  Not so hard when sick - didn't feel like it at all.

Exercise:  Zero.  Unless you count "finger exercises" playing WoW on the couch!  :P  (Which needless to say I don't!)  Just feeling too darn sick!

Yes, I know, carb city!!!  Where are the veggies???  I'm sick and I'm eating whatever is graciously provided to me.  :P 

Today is not off to a great start.  Have woken at 5am still feeling sick, with a headache, but too stressed out to get back to sleep.  Decided to use the time productively and work on sewing a Christmas tree skirt that I've been slack on for the last couple of years!  (Like I literally bought, washed and pressed the fabric 2 years ago and still haven't got my act together - there's always something else I want to sew!!!)  I even cut out the pieces last night in preparation.  Well, suffice to say, my sewing machine is sick too.  It's been acting up for a few months - initially I thought it was because I was trying out corsetry and using coutil, so I switched to a light summer dress for my daughter, which initially went fine (reinforcing my thoughts on my machine just not handling coutil) but it started struggling when I started attaching lace in the hem.  OK, maybe too much fabric again... The tree skirt is a simple 2 layers of quilting cotton so about as basic as sewing can get!  Yeah, no dice.  It's skipping stitches all over the shop, the bobbin side looks a fright.  So once it's Reasonable O'Clock, I shall have to call the sewing shop and organise a service.  Lord knows how long that's going to take, with it being December and pretty much EVERYBODY pulling out their sewing machines!!!

Coffees so far today:  1.  Coffees pending?  Oh so, so many...