Linked In

Hi Everyone!

With the theme of Level Up Your Life - I've created a Linked In Group for Rebels.

Its an open group, so anyone can join - the idea being rebels helping rebels network and level up their lives :)

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Nerd-Fitness-4314860?homeNewMember=&gid=4314860&trk=eml-grp-sub&ut=0ThsNPrO_Qbl81

• Like 1
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I'm assuming it will be all lawyers.

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

Joined. I wonder if there will be more business-folk or engineers.

Will be totally interesting to see!

But hey, i figure why not, right? Like say I have too many paleo margaritas one night and wake up in jail, at least I know I have a rebel lawyer to call ;)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
Like say I have too many paleo margaritas one night and wake up in jail, at least I know I have a rebel lawyer to call ;)

I need to figure out a way to get this on my business card.

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

But hey, i figure why not, right? Like say I have too many paleo margaritas one night and wake up in jail, at least I know I have a rebel lawyer to call ;)

Vikings drink ale and mead!

I may join, it depends on if I want to reveal my secret occupation.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

And joined!

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Mead was originally made naturally. Bees would build hives in the hollow of a tree, which would be flooded during rainy season. Wild yeast spores would get in there and ferment for a few months before the Vikings would stroll by and drink it. That's about as paleo as it gets!

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

They eventually figured out what was going on and started making it themselves.

500 / 330 / 625

I'm a bit hesitant about this as I take my LinkedIn thing rather seriously, but what the heck, I might as well.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

Paleo margaritas? Count me in! Oh wait . . . wouldn't that just be shots of tequila? (after all, the blue agave plant is not a grain, is it? and people have been imbibing substances to alter their mental state since time began).

Actually, it could be a fun challenge - to create a paleo margarita that competes well with non-paleo ones. I'd do something like:

1 quart of strawberries, soaked in a bottle of tequila for a week, then strain them out.

2 oz strawberry tequila

2 oz lemon/lime juice (50/50)

1 Tbsp orange juice

1 Tbsp honey

Mix all of these thoroughly, then add:

3 oz seltzer

Taste. Modify as necessary. I'm making up the proportions off the top of my head, and leaving out the Cointreau (or Triple Sec) because I haven't looked to see if those are grain-based or have added sweeteners. Of course, I'm sure there are paleo margarita recipes out there in the world, now that I think about it, and you all should just ignore this post. But I'm gonna leave it up here because I might come back to it and see if I can improve the recipe.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Paleo margaritas? Count me in! Oh wait . . . wouldn't that just be shots of tequila? (after all, the blue agave plant is not a grain, is it? and people have been imbibing substances to alter their mental state since time began).

Actually, it could be a fun challenge - to create a paleo margarita that competes well with non-paleo ones. I'd do something like:

1 quart of strawberries, soaked in a bottle of tequila for a week, then strain them out.

2 oz strawberry tequila

2 oz lemon/lime juice (50/50)

1 Tbsp orange juice

1 Tbsp honey

Mix all of these thoroughly, then add:

3 oz seltzer

Taste. Modify as necessary. I'm making up the proportions off the top of my head, and leaving out the Cointreau (or Triple Sec) because I haven't looked to see if those are grain-based or have added sweeteners. Of course, I'm sure there are paleo margarita recipes out there in the world, now that I think about it, and you all should just ignore this post. But I'm gonna leave it up here because I might come back to it and see if I can improve the recipe.

Replace the honey with agave nectar, and the orange juice with fresh squeezed and you pretty much have the recipe for my margs. Although I don't add seltzer and use high quality regular tequila. Es delicioso!

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Replace the honey with agave nectar, and the orange juice with fresh squeezed and you pretty much have the recipe for my margs. Although I don't add seltzer and use high quality regular tequila. Es delicioso!

Of course the orange juice would be fresh-squeezed. None of that unflavored-then-reflavored stuff. yech.

When I make my strawberry tequila, I use Sauza Hornitos. When I make margaritas with plain tequila, I use Patron Silver -- not the very best stuff, but a nice bang-for-buck buy.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom