Hey hey Everyone!

I'm Red1263, and I've stumbled upon this website from reading ArtofManliness.com articles, and I simply love it here, I have always been a rather skinny individual and now I'm looking to find ways to improve my physical, mental, and spiritual selves, to master this Human class.

I'm big on Final Fantasy, although I haven't played anything past X, however I have all of the songs written by Nubuo Uematsu, and I'm a Biology graduate, hoping to enter medical school. Currently I'm trying to study for the MCAT and finding a new job hopefully at a hospital.

So I'm honored to meet you all, and I hope that I can learn as much as I can from this experience.

See you around,

Red

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

So I'm curious, seeing how this is a website for Nerds, how are you girls nerdy? Me? I'm a Huge Final Fantasy Fan, along with being a fan of the Music of Nubuo Uematsu. I also have the Victory Theme as my ringtone, also have the Protoman Whistle as the ringtone for Texts. I love anime, and am currently listening to music from Legend of Zelda.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Hi there from a fellow newbie! :D Good luck on the MCAT studying - I swear, studying for that thing is like slowly poisoning yourself over a long period of time. Painfuuuuuuul. Major kudos to wanting to get in shape while doing so, 'cause God knows fitness fell off the wayside this past summer while I was studying for it.

As for female-nerdiness, I'm a bit of a mix. My current massive love is for professional wrestling, but I have a healthy love for comics, superheros, anime, video games, tv shows like Walking Dead, etc. I don't particularly specialize in any of them, but I spread my interests around in a lot of categories.

That, and I'm also a fellow Biology nerd. I graduate in May, though, so a year or so behind you. (I'm actually currently typing this while sitting in Microbiology - shame on me! Off to make some bacterial cultures now.)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

Hi there from a fellow newbie! :D Good luck on the MCAT studying - I swear, studying for that thing is like slowly poisoning yourself over a long period of time. Painfuuuuuuul. Major kudos to wanting to get in shape while doing so, 'cause God knows fitness fell off the wayside this past summer while I was studying for it.

As for female-nerdiness, I'm a bit of a mix. My current massive love is for professional wrestling, but I have a healthy love for comics, superheros, anime, video games, tv shows like Walking Dead, etc. I don't particularly specialize in any of them, but I spread my interests around in a lot of categories.

That, and I'm also a fellow Biology nerd. I graduate in May, though, so a year or so behind you. (I'm actually currently typing this while sitting in Microbiology - shame on me! Off to make some bacterial cultures now.)

I take it you've already taken the MCAT, How was it? An unreliable source said it was alright, and then told me that he didn't study for it and finished it in 2.5 hours. Heh, he didn't have the answers I was looking for. -_-;;

I'm a bit of a serious Nerd when it comes to Zombies, heh, I'll shamefully admit that I'm able to place myself in any situation of a Zombie Apocalypse and find some solution :P

Microbio was the last class I needed to take to graduate. It was pretty cool however I've lost a LOT of the Latin/Greek names as soon as I walked out the door. Congrats on graduating in May, What are your plans?

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Welcome, Red!

As far as my nerdiness - I also got my undergrad degree in biology, I work in fishery science, my favorite game of all time is Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (and I'm keen to play any other Zelda game I can get my hands on), I've always been a bookworm and word nerd, I dabble in anime and manga, and probably nerdiest of all - I play World of Warcraft (not hardcore, my highest level character is only 65). There's more to it, I'm sure, but it's hard to explain all the subtle nuances of a person's nerdy qualities, no?

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Howlin Moose, it's an honor to meet a fellow AoM, reader, in fact, I found this website through one of their articles.

AKLulu, yeah, above all, it's in our mannerisms where our true nerdiness lies, and high-five on LoZ:OoT I just recently got music from a website that re-orchestrated all of the Zelda soundtracks, so I'd be more than willing to share them with you, if you'd like.

OH! And one more thing, to everyone else, It's an honor to have made your acquaintance!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I've heard some of the Legend of Zelda music in orchestra form. It's AMAZING! It would be hard to turn down an offer like that... but you know... it's nerd fitness, not pirate fitness... so as long as we won't get in trouble... :P

You know what's even better than pirates? Pirate ninjas.... from space!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Heh, very well then, I wouldn't want to get my new NF friend into trouble. Pirate Ninjas from Space, that ride Meteors piloted by Mechanical T-rexes... AWESOME.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I take it you've already taken the MCAT, How was it? An unreliable source said it was alright, and then told me that he didn't study for it and finished it in 2.5 hours. Heh, he didn't have the answers I was looking for. -_-;;

I'm a bit of a serious Nerd when it comes to Zombies, heh, I'll shamefully admit that I'm able to place myself in any situation of a Zombie Apocalypse and find some solution :P

Microbio was the last class I needed to take to graduate. It was pretty cool however I've lost a LOT of the Latin/Greek names as soon as I walked out the door. Congrats on graduating in May, What are your plans?

Yup, I took it. I'd like to sugarcoat it for you, but to be honest - hardest test of my LIFE. However, I took a study course over the summer for it (Kaplan), and we took a ton of practice tests in there, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been when I finally took the real thing. People said that there wouldn't be a lot of Orgo on it, but there was a bunch on mine for some reason. Suck.

I didn't do amazingly on it or anything, only got a 29, but yeah. It's a very difficult test, but it's made easier if you take lots of practice tests.

Zombies are the best. I can't wait to get into awesome shape this year so that I can sign up for the Run For Your Lives 5k, because it looks like amazing. That, and I can't wait for the Zombies, Run app to come out for android.

And yeah, Microbio is my last real course before graduating, all the others I have this semester are kind of electives. And the names are killing me - I hate having to memorize them. It's a fascinating subject, but the names, man, ugh. And thank you! :D I was accepted into medical school this past fall, so my plans are to go there in August and not try to kill myself over the crazy studying hours that will ensue, haha.

Yup, I took it. I'd like to sugarcoat it for you, but to be honest - hardest test of my LIFE. However, I took a study course over the summer for it (Kaplan), and we took a ton of practice tests in there, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been when I finally took the real thing. People said that there wouldn't be a lot of Orgo on it, but there was a bunch on mine for some reason. Suck.

I didn't do amazingly on it or anything, only got a 29, but yeah. It's a very difficult test, but it's made easier if you take lots of practice tests.

Zombies are the best. I can't wait to get into awesome shape this year so that I can sign up for the Run For Your Lives 5k, because it looks like amazing. That, and I can't wait for the Zombies, Run app to come out for android.

And yeah, Microbio is my last real course before graduating, all the others I have this semester are kind of electives. And the names are killing me - I hate having to memorize them. It's a fascinating subject, but the names, man, ugh. And thank you! :D I was accepted into medical school this past fall, so my plans are to go there in August and not try to kill myself over the crazy studying hours that will ensue, haha.

Ahh... A study course would've been nice, however I'm a really poor nerd, so my resources consists of a borrowed MCAT book from Kaplan from a friend. I'm currently studying for it, so hopefully 6 months of review will suffice. ^_^;;

I'd like to have a Zombies VS Humans game this Halloween, or something like that, my bros and I are all prepared for the Apocalypse, at least mentally, so if I'm able to do this, this would be really fun! I'm still trying to get into shape so that I can outrun the oncoming horde.

My hat is off to you for getting accepted into Med school. I'm going to apply this year to school and hopefully I'll get accepted, my GPA isn't the best due to circumstances outside my control. But I'm not giving up! Heh, did you get the latest article about the Dragon-slayer? Currently the MCAT is my Dragon. :P

By the by, I'd like to add you as a friend if you don't mind. If not, then I'd understand.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Yeah, it was definitely a really expensive investment - I was actually planning on studying by myself, too, but between research and shadowing and volunteering and classes, I never really had the time. So I panicked when the date for test-taking got closer and ended up giving in. I figure I'll make the money back some day, haha. But yeah, if you've got six months to give it a go, then I'd give it a go with the studying-by-yourself thing. Kaplan books are pretty good to work with, too, I still have all of mine.

And thank you! :D I wasn't even really expecting it at the time, since I applied a little late into the cycle (didn't take the MCAT until August, got the results in September), but it was a very awesome Thanksgiving gift, since they told me I was in the day before Thanksgiving. I wish you the best with applying, too! If you put the hard work into it, I'm positive you'll go far. :) You planning on going MD or DO?

And no problem! Request accepted.

Heh, thanks, currently, I'm just doing a general GRAND overview of all of the subjects covered in the Kaplan book, and find out exactly where and how thoroughly I need to review over things, i.e. Chem and OChem (my worst subjects!) Luckily I still have a lot of my books from school, so review shouldn't be too bad.

Well, with my GPA, I think I'll aim for DO school, the problem is that I'm not certain whether or not I can become a Cardiologist, which is my overall dream/Life Goal. I've yet to see a straight answer to that question.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

So I'm curious, seeing how this is a website for Nerds, how are you girls nerdy?

I've been an Everquest nerd since about 2000 and since high school, a bagillion years ago (ok like 14) I've been calling bbs'.

And hi, welcome!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

@ Hammlin: I've never had the pleasure of playing Everquest, and now I can't even stare at a computer screen for 3 hours without my eyes giving out on me. But allow me to say "Hey hey" and thanks for the welcome.

@SoLateSoSoon: Thanks, I'm glad I've found this website as well, it has allowed me to find a perfect blend of all of the interactive forces and loves in my life into 1 grand force! and Thanks, I'll need everything I can get for my medical exams!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler