Registered for this forum since October 2011 but I don't think I have posted anything since then. Pretty scary for me to enter a brand new territory, wanting to start somewhere new. I'm interested in starting a new journey in my life to better myself in knowledge, health, fitness, and many more.

So hi everyone! Hope you all don't bite! Be patience with me if I ask a lot of questions or just seem to be "lost"...figuring out where to start...

Brief bio of me - Have done shorei-ryu karate for a year and half, earned up to blue belt and left to pursue brazilian jiu jitsu and have recently earned my first white stripe on my white belt after 5 months. Before all this, I have been mostly inactive physically for years and years, thus have a huge weight gain that has disappointed me for long. I decided to push myself to start somewhere, I'm age 32. Now, I'm loving martial arts and am slowly starting to find other interests to supplement my fitness journey. I have a lot to go but day by day, I'm getting somewhere closer somehow.

I have not lost much weight since I started my martial arts training. I have tried Paleo in the past and have lost more than 30 pounds but that has been a long time ago, so I basically have forgotten how to get back on it.

Anyways, enough about me. Nervous yet excited to start somewhere here in Nerd Fitness, I immensely enjoy the informative articles around here and am seeking for support. Nice meeting you all!!

"I may not be the strongest, I may not be the fastest, but I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest."