149 Days 12 Hours 17 Min 32 Sec

Well,  I've been failing pretty badly.  I think maybe I need a daily check in of just anything.  The plan is to just post anything once a day just to keep me thinking about progress and not get caught up in backsliding too much.  I had another battlelog and I just didn't really post to it :(  Hopefully this will be better.  Doesn't matter if I slip up...well it matters.  But, my only goal is a daily post.  That's it!  Until my birthday.  See if that makes a difference :apthy:

So...that's about 149ish days from right now?  I'll have to consult an online timer :uncomfortableness:

• Like 1

Battle Log

Whooo hooo my friend! I'm here and lurking! :)

Biggest hugs!!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

First day checking in...10:45pm.  Weighed in at 172.4 lbs.  Almost had a binge, but decided some popcorn would do.  Boss not at work today so was an ok day.   :)  Yesterday made an eye appointment to get new glasses.  Ummmm.  I was grumpy all day today...but starting to feel a tiny bit better.

Anyway, check in complete....  :unsure:

• Like 2

Battle Log

Stop :P

And hugs anyway ;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

is there something you could tie to eating?

like "if I want to eat something I shouldn't be eating, that's fine, but I have to do 10 squats first"

my idea behind it is...

1) you won't feel as guilty and beat yourself up over it afterwards, because it's "fine".

2) if you have to do the squats first, that's an extra hurdle that you have to take to eat the "bad" stuff.

something else that works for me is trying to postpone it.

yes, I can eat that popcorn, no problem.  I just can't eat it now.  I can eat it between half an hour and 40 minutes from now.

If it turns out I missed my 10 minute window in which I could start eating, that's not a big deal (in fact, that's what we may secretly be hoping for, but don't tell yourself that), I can still eat the popcorn.  I just can't eat it now, I can eat it between half an hour and 40 minutes from now.  Rinse and repeat as needed.

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

21 hours ago, Igaduma said:

is there something you could tie to eating?

like "if I want to eat something I shouldn't be eating, that's fine, but I have to do 10 squats first"

my idea behind it is...

1) you won't feel as guilty and beat yourself up over it afterwards, because it's "fine".

2) if you have to do the squats first, that's an extra hurdle that you have to take to eat the "bad" stuff.

something else that works for me is trying to postpone it.

yes, I can eat that popcorn, no problem.  I just can't eat it now.  I can eat it between half an hour and 40 minutes from now.

If it turns out I missed my 10 minute window in which I could start eating, that's not a big deal (in fact, that's what we may secretly be hoping for, but don't tell yourself that), I can still eat the popcorn.  I just can't eat it now, I can eat it between half an hour and 40 minutes from now.  Rinse and repeat as needed.

Thank you :)

I sorta tried the waiting game....and it worked.  I have no desire right now to binge on cinnamon toast.  I was crazy a few hours ago.  I was pacing in front of the bread and justifying that its ok to eat since I need energy for my commute...but I'm getting really flabby and roundy in the face.

Battle Log

1 hour ago, Bluethunder said:

I'm still a friendless loser, but you know...found a penny.

Don't worry about it.

Keep finding pennies and soon you'll be able to buy friends :P

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Massive binge yesterday.  Even got in the car to get binge food from the store.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  I cut my workout short too and didn't bike the long way to the train.  On the plus side I did find 27 cents yesterday.  And I beat Megaman today.  I just need to turn it around.  I was thinking of signing up for a mud run as motivation....but 65 dollars and 50 mile drive to get there.  I dunno...

Mega Man (USA)_001.png

• Like 1

Battle Log

well, that's a nice motivation.

you'll probably have to eat there too so anywhere from a 100 to 150 bucks...  you're going to make the most of that, because it would be painful to just waste such an amount of money.

Well....  I never did sign up.  The events are all more than an hour away....maybe I'll wait til something close pops up.  My work is having some sort of fitness program where you keep track of activity and eating....I'll do it for the free shirt :)  Also....I think maybe I'm being burned out trying to bike to the further train station to save money.  I'm thinking maybe I'll start going the shorter way and pay the extra 20 dollars a month.

Yesterday I was able to stay away from a binge....but just barely.  I've really lost my edge....  I think I'll put some starting photos.  These are even worse than when I originally joined.  I'll take some more on my birthday....hopefully they'll be much improved :unsure:  Oh and I weigh 172.6 pounds....

172.6 MAY 29 2016.jpg

• Like 1

Battle Log

YAY for joining the fitness program! Now go win that shirt! :D

And starting photos are just that.....your starting point. And what matters is that you DID avoid the binge, barely or not......and each one of those barelys will have that improvement by your birthday. ;)

I'm here for ya. :)

Lots more hugs!!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

People aren't interested in how you made it, just whether you made it.  You shouldn't care to much about it either.

So it was hard not to binge...  The key point is that you didn't binge.  And if it was easy to change your diet around, there would be no fat people.

Don't feel bad because if was hard.  Feel proud.  Anyone can do something easy.  Resisting a strong temptation however...

Well, almost binge ate yesterday.  Only reason I didn't was because my mom was in the kitchen and she would say something about me binge eating....so fell asleep instead.  Today was off from work.  Bought some shoes, went grocery shopping, and gym.  Hoping to not binge today.  .... :flustered:

Tomorrow I start my easy ...er easier commute to work.  Taking the easy fast bike ride way.  Hopefully not biking as much will make it so I don't just eat since..you know I'll burn the calories on my long bike ride.  That excuse definitely won't work now... :(  lol

I guess I should get my stuff ready for tomorrow.  Wonder if I should apply for a promotion...nah  Well, I have two weeks to think about it.

Send me good no binge thoughts Nerdfitness! :P

Battle Log

so that's 2 days you didn't binge.  It may not sound like much but it's two days more than the last time you did binge.

Well, I've been binge eating pretty much non stop.  I'm ok so far today....  I was looking at bicycles online as mine is about ready to rumble apart.  I was taking it the long way to the train.....but I don't think it will last long if I do.  I feel sad that I'm so out of shape and not biking the hard long way and binge eating.  lol  I just need to get like a few weeks of really good no binge and maybe that would help.  hmmmm.

Well....here is to day one of no binge

Day 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I have a blood thingy test for health at work.  Hopefully they don't tell me I'm dead.  That would be awkward. :flustered:

Battle Log