Hi all. I have been a member for awhile but keep mainly to the shadows. I have been trying nto get in better shape for what feels like forever. At my heaviest I was 325 I am now down to 275 at last weigh in. But I keep falling back into bad habits, constantly. My motivation is too closely tied to my emotional state. I can be a bit of an downer, not my natural state of being though. I take vitamin d and try to maintain a healthy mindset though. But when I get down, then I skip the gym, eat crap food yada yada. I wanna stop falling off this horse and frigging get my fitness life together. Was hoping maybe some of you guys had some suggestions. I see the amazing transformations some of you have accomplished and it's downright inspiring.

Hi Rinben! Welcome to the Rebellion! :)

We've all experienced what you're describing, and I'd first like to reassure you: it's normal. As humans, we rely a lot on our emotions to help us navigate the world (much to the mystification of the Vulcan). While that means we're great at surviving in a social landscape, it also means we're not so great at doing other things - as in, anything we don't feel like doing! Steve (the "0, 0, 0, 0" of NerdFitness) wrote an article in 2012 that addresses this tendency of ours, and gives some solid advice on how to get around it: Why People Suck At GettingHealthy.

Take a look, and if you have more questions, feel free to post them! :D

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!