New recruit in the Sunshine State

Hey guys!

I'm pretty excited to join this community. My name is Sydnie and I live in Florida. I'm 22 years old and a single mom. I like long walks on the beach and holding hands... *ahem* I've veered from my original point.

I'm currently pretty overweight and really need to get into shape. I have quite a few reasons for it, but mainly because I'm sick of being sick. I've never had such a low immune system in my life and I know that it has something to do with my laziness and, err... Unfit-ness. I also want to be in shape so I can wear my kid out and him not wear me out and so I can join the Air Force Reserve and I have to lose at least 30 lbs to do that, too. So, there go my super reasons. Side note: I also have my best friend's wedding to go to and I want to look good. But that's the least of my problems.

What I'm here for is support. I've attempted illegit weight loss before and not only did I not have a lot of backing (by that I mean my friends were supportive but my ex was telling me I'd fail and never be able to do it. Hence, why he's an ex.) but I didn't have people to help me figure out what exercises I need to be doing, what I should and should not be eating, and what supplements would maximize my efficiency in the gym. That, and I was trying to lose weight, not get in shape. I figured if I lost weight I'd be able to keep it off and yadda yadda yadda. I'm sure you all know the drill. So I'm here to have fun, get some support, and help support others in this journey. Hopefully make some awesome new friends, too! Yay! =D

/lame

Fitocracy! | Running Trainer | Facebook | Twitter | Current Challenge Blog!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.