So... Catchy title of I've lost 93 lbs with 29 more to go, Hi nice to meet you!

I'm a Jack-of-all-trades kind of person, so a master of none. My shameless self-promoting title should not make it sound like I know what I'm doing because I do not. All I know is to never quit.

Story: F/32/5'10.5" HW 279, CW 186, GW 157. I'm one of those ex-athelete from high school who went to college, failed hard at life, gained a stupid amount of weight very fast, lots of soda (no booze if you can believe it), lots of cookies, and I was extremely depressed. The only thing that kept me from making changes in my life earlier was because I seriously thought it was impossible. People oh so casually just say fat logic things like "it's genetics" that I really believed I couldn't control my life, my health, there was no choice. Then I slowly found out that was lies. So, I lost weight counting calories, TDEE at 20% deficit on MyFitnessPal, and learning to cook from scratch. Anyway, my 20s sucked, enter 30s and it's like I am finally a real person who can adult the shit out of things in life. This year will be the 3rd year in my journey to reclaim my health, weight, fitness, and I'm graduating from college in September so I'll start my career as a Medical Assistant.

I'd like to get more consistent with my fitness. I'll do great for weeks, even months, at a time. Then I just suddenly don't go lift one day and that is all it takes to break my streak and I get depressed then I don't workout for a few weeks then it is like I have to start over. I am creating my own problem with this and attempting to remedy my mindset and outlook or something.

Star Trek or Star Wars? Both. Kirk or Picard? Gimme both! I'm behind on my nerdness because I've been so busy with school, work, and kicking my own ass. Sci-fi is my first love but I am an equal opportunity nerd. My lovely wonderful supportive husband is such a nerd. We watch a lot of let's plays on YouTube, tons of anime, he more often plays videogames and I watch because I'm weird like that.

• Like 2

Hi DorgEndo,

first of all: 93lbs lost, wow :applause:

I know your issue with the consistent training on my own. Perhaps you could start your own log in the Daily Battle Log in this Forum. There you get support of many other users.

Whoever finds mistranslations or spelling errors may keep them - I still have got more than enough.

Good job on your success so far! Very awesome and inspiring.

I'm like @Bookish Badger, I'm just starting my journey, but my small changes are taking.

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Thanks for the replies everyone. 

@Milli, will definitely get into the battle log. So far I've been lurking around getting familiar with the place and seeing how others were doing it so I hopefully don't make too many newbie slips getting started.

@Bookish Badger It is possible! I started out very slow, not knowing anything except that I wasn't going to stop. Usually lost 1.2 lbs a week so it's been a long trip, but worth it

@Dagger I like your signature "Win You Own Race". Apply that thinking more generally because aren't we all on a race against ourselves for improvement? 

5 hours ago, DorgEndo said:

So far I've been lurking around getting familiar with the place and seeing how others were doing it so I hopefully don't make too many newbie slips getting started.

This is exactly what I did too. I just started my battle log yesterday. Before I did that I read or skimmed a lot of different battle logs. They are very different. I also started following the ones I found interesting for different reasons. Today will be my first day to actually log something.

5 hours ago, DorgEndo said:

@Dagger I like your signature "Win You Own Race". Apply that thinking more generally because aren't we all on a race against ourselves for improvement? 

That is exactly how I use it. I don't run and I don't know if I ever will. Right now, I don't want to put that pressure on my knees.

So I am using race in the general sense. So I don't compare myself to other people because they are running their race and I'm running mine. I can only win against myself. :)

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals