How rigid do you have to be when setting out the number of meals/snacks?  Can you say "between 2 and 5" or whatever?

Also, regarding a food/feelings log, I'm sure a sporadic one would be better then none (in the context of your unrefundable course!).  Maybe just check in with yourself before/after eating in company, then fill in the log later?  If the feelings are strong, you'll remember - and if they're not, then they may well be irrelevant.

• Like 2

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

15 minutes ago, Vibrantella said:

How rigid do you have to be when setting out the number of meals/snacks?  Can you say "between 2 and 5" or whatever?

She suggested this actually, since rigid would not work for me. So I have 2-3 meals per day and 0-3 snacks per day. Which is pretty much how I eat currently, but I am more aware now.

Like yesterday, the first day, I ate three meals and two snacks. Mostly because I ate my late evening snack with dinner so I called it dessert which is what it was, but sometimes I don't have it until an hour or so after dinner.

17 minutes ago, Vibrantella said:

Also, regarding a food/feelings log, I'm sure a sporadic one would be better then none (in the context of your unrefundable course!).  Maybe just check in with yourself before/after eating in company, then fill in the log later?  If the feelings are strong, you'll remember - and if they're not, then they may well be irrelevant.

Yeah, I'll basically try for something like this. Remembering to check in before eating and after and recording later. It'll work out somehow. Also if the food log is more for binging and undereating, perhaps it won't matter as much for me. :) Although I am finding interesting thoughts with checking in so far. Basically I am figuring out better why I am eating, whether it is from hunger or other reasons. And I guess that is a big point. :)

• Like 2

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

2017-09-19

• Overall: Writing, 0/18
  • Body: Movement, 10/20 — warm up for Elements
  • Body: Fasting, 0/3
  • Mind: Transcribing, 12/15 — Yush, and amount I am more than happy with
  • Mind: Japanese, 2/18
  • Spirit: NY 2.0/IE/self care, 14/21 — A little weak on this, only did IE food log
  • Spirit: Exploration, 4/6

So this day (I'm writing this a day late) was good all things considered. I didn't feel at conflicted, constricted or anything like that about IE. Always a good thing. Instead I was just moving along, getting insights for why I choose to eat or not.

I think the biggest one, an interesting one, was that I choose to eat when I started getting inklings of feeling hungry instead of waiting until I actually feel hungry. I'm not sure what that means yet. Especially since I could be reading the signals wrong and therefore start eating before I am hungry. Mucho interesting stuff.

I will definitely continue with the food log, because I am finding insights from it, which is basically my criteria for deciding if something is useful when it comes for self care / self-reflection.

I've also decided that instead of trying to jump into Elements like the plan looks, I will be doing the warm up until I am comfortable with it, then I'll add the cool down/stretches and perhaps after I feel comfortable with both of those, I'll finally add the main part. Basically I'm easing my way into it. I should have listened to my instincts and just done that from the beginning, but you know hindsight is 20/20.

Also making good progress with transcribing. I will finish off two notebooks today (aka 9/20 or 20/9 which makes more sense to me :P) all because I did quite a bit of work. However, I am also noticing that I am letting making tea and such eat up a lot of time while I'm "working", so I'll figure out a way to kinda lessen that and get more work done during work hours.

• Like 2

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

2017-09-20

• Body: Movement, 11/20 — walk, forgot Elements warm up
  • Mind: Transcribing, 13/15 — Yush, although not quite as much as I had wanted
  • Spirit: NY 2.0/IE/self care, 15/21 — meditation, tarot reading, quick call with Kate

Pretty good day all things considered. I made a small dent in letting my breaks to get tea eat up too much time, but I didn't have time for much transcribing due to how the day fell out. I still did around 10-12 pages so I guess that is still good. (That was a good day in the beginning, now a good day is 20+ pages, haha.)

Really hit the self care yesterday because I was trying to figure out if I will join a new thing Kate is doing this fall. I have a lot of things happening this fall. Same as I'll have this spring. But it'll be good.

Some time during the night I got the story I sent for copyedits, I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but from her comments in the email I think it'll fine. :)

Oh, and I'm getting a long enough mental list of self care stuff again that I am going to write it out.

Self care, in no particular order:

• Fireheart New Moon replay (1 hour replay with a meditation somewhere)
  • NY mantra + supercharge mantra
  • NY creating 40 day practice
  • NY call #2
  • IE focus in more on Mindful Moments, specifically the check ins while eating
  • IE some kind of plan for when I feel like binging, since I can't remember the last time I binged, more than a year ago, this is low on my prio list
  • Activate Courage coaching call, Friday
  • IE coaching call Saturday, might join for a bit, more likely not

I think that is all, and I guess you can see why I thought it a good idea to get it out of my head and written down. Today, Thursday, I'd like to do Fireheart replay and NY mantra & supercharge. I won't have time to do anything big on Saturday (Oxford with a friend!) and I'd ideally like to do most of the list (IE binging plan excepted) before the end of the week.

Also with IE, I'm seeing a lot of interesting things around hunger, aka that I'm not feeling it much. I'll ask in the FB group if she has any suggestions as in actually waiting until I know for sure I am hungry before eating, despite this potentially meaning I don't eat for quite a few hours. I'll see what she says. I think part of it might be that I don't know my subtle hunger cues, like either they're messed up or I just don't know what they are so I can't detect them. Who knows?

2017-09-21

• Body: Movement, 12/20 — walk and I did the wrist stretch from Elements
  • Mind: Transcribing, 14/15 — Yush, great day
  • Spirit: NY 2.0/IE/self care, 16/21 — I did the fireheart replay and it had a meditation

Pretty great day actually. I was up and about early despite a late night. I started working around 11:30ish which is so much earlier than previous days. I also had time to wash dishes.

Later in the afternoon I went to the groceries store because I'd planned to have dinner with another resident that I really like and we were going to have tacos. Nom nom nom. They were good.

So I got movement, I got self care through the fireheart video, I spent time with a person I liked, and I got a lot of work done. Great day. :D

• NY call #2
  • IE some kind of plan for when I feel like binging, since I can't remember the last time I binged, more than a year ago, this is low on my prio list
  • Go over tarot reading questions (NEW)

• Like 2

Guess who was at work at 10:30 this morning! Woop woop! I've already finished one item on today's list (tarot reading questions). (It is 11:00 now.)

• Like 2

And the early start that could have given extra productivity got destroyed because I keep feeling cold and I keep getting hungry, both of which are distracting me. Perhaps after this yummy lunch of leftover tacos, I can keep warm long enough to get some real work done before the coaching call.

• Like 1

2017-09-22

• Body: Movement, 12/20
  • Mind: Transcribing, 15/15 — Yush, great day
  • Spirit: NY 2.0/IE/self care, 17/21 — meditation, questions, coaching call, NY mantra

Today was a great day. I got up early and despite losing productivity because I was cold and hungry for about six hours after waking, I got a lot done on my transcribing and I'm now down to three notebooks. I don't remember what I started with, but I've finished at least four this week, and minimum one, but I think perhaps two each of the previous two weeks.

Loads of self care too and not much of anything else. I forgot about doing any kind of elements warm up thing and generally my day just disappeared.

• NY call #2
  • NY perfect woman exercise
  • Go over tarot reading questions

• Like 1

2017-09-23

• Body: Movement, 13/20
  • Mind: Transcribing, 15/15
  • Spirit: NY 2.0/IE/self care, 18/21 — I made decisions especially towards the end of the day that was self-care, very different from what I might have chosen in the past
  • Spirit: Exploration, 5/6 — Walking tour of Oxford

2017-09-24

• Body: Movement, 14/20
  • Mind: Transcribing, 15/15 — Yush, great day
  • Spirit: NY 2.0/IE/self care, 18/21 — nothing yet, but there is still time (early report for this day)
  • Spirit: Exploration, 6/6 — Walk in the Cotswolds

I had a great time away in Oxford this weekend. Spending time with a friend I met in Italy just a couple of months ago. I feel like doing this report now, so I don't have to do it later.

I did not join the IE call live because I decided I wanted to spend time with my friend more. I also didn't really do the IE food log or mindful stuff either. And I just realized I forgot about it for dinner to. It is what it is.

• Like 2

I'ma posting my self care list again, prioritized this time and with any new items that have arrived:

• Look over the tarot reading I did a few days ago
  • NY call #2
  • NY perfect woman exercise part 2
  • NY day #1
  • Rewatch a part of the latest AC call and explore the point that stood out to me
  • IE replay of first coaching call
  • IE try Week 2 exercise

Quite a list, argh! But I should be able to get through some of them today and tomorrow before I go to Paris. I'll also go over the copyedits from my copyeditor today so I can decide if I want to keep working with her, if yes, then I have two novels to put on her schedule. :D

Also the most important thing this Monday: PACKING

More tasks arrived today:

• NY go through each yoga video twice (one per week of practice), 0/8
  • NY physical nourishment module
  • NY embodying physical nourishment (meditation) try it minimum 3 times this week, 0/3
  • NY physical expression rituals, try at least one, try for each one all together/separate: 0/1 and/or 0/3
  • IE two distraction free meals/snacks per day

• Like 3

So I'm starting to feel like I have a lot of courses, group coaching, workshops and more that are both overlapping and going on until the end of the year. I'm starting to think that I need to set a plan for the last three months, that way I have a chance of exploring deeply everything I want to.

So lets put name and dates on things.

• Finish "August" novel, AN, deadline is end of October, 11'500/XX'XXX words (I don't care how long it actually ends up as)
  • Start first non-fiction writing project, start when August novel is done, no end date/deadline, 0/XX'XXX words
  • Fireheart Society, FS, started back in Mar/Apr until ... I decide to stop/leave
  • Nourish Yourself, NY, Aug 28 until Nov 26ish
  • Intentional Eating, IE, Sep 18 until Nov 12
  • Phoenix Circle, PC, Oct 1 until Dec 31
  • Depth workshop, DW, Oct 4 until Nov 13/14
  • Anthology workshop, AW, Dec 4 until Dec 17 (or 8-9:00ish am Dec 18 if I'm still in Europe)

These I am all committed to. I realize to myself that I have not put the attention to IE in the way I want to. I want to understand and start eating in an intuitive way, so I need to do the work to help me get there.

Here are some additional things that I want to get done, need to get done, or prefer to get done (no particular order):

• Get used to writing 1000 words per day, five days a week
  • Submit story to WotF (might need to write a story or a previous redraft story), Dec 30, 0/1
  • Finish reading Healthy at Every Size, 0/1
  • Update website with latest release plus other tidbits, 0/1
  • Write blog and newsletter about latest release?, 0/1
  • Do tutorial project on Vellum, 0/1
  • Finish re-formating of YCWYRWaL, 0/1
  • Figure out marketing and schedule it for YCWYRWaL's bundle that appears Nov 13, 0/1
  • Finish Organization lecture, 1/8 with notes (paper then transcribe or computer directly)
  • Re-organize all publishing files into a clean and workable system, 0/1
  • Take stock of where I am with each file, especially go through "redraft" projects and see if I've changed my mind, 0/1
  • Create project to-do list template for publishing a story/book, 0/1
  • Use the project to-do list (and update template if needed) to publish June Novel, 0/1
  • Get started on project to-do list for July Novel (no need to finish this year), 0/1
  • Transcribing notes, 0/3 notebooks (only three left!)
  • Finish off missing weeks on workshops I've taken, 0/3 (equaling videos for 5 weeks; transcribing should happen soon after if I take paper notes at all)
  • Strength workshop on Business 1 & 2 (SwB), 0/2
  • Strength workshop on Sales 1 & 2 (SwS), 0/2
  • Read up on and figure out a to do list for creating a Swedish DBA (will probably go hand in hand with some SwB stuff), 0/1
  • Get started on starting DBA?, 0/1
  • Sit down with publishing/writing financials (yearly income, yearly cost, etc.), 0/1
  • Look over investments, Nov, (write something up?) 0/1
  • Continue travel blog posts? (Italy/Florence; Italy/TF; Italy/Pisa?; Sweden?; Norway; London; Paris), 0/5(+2)
  • Start contacting little brother and parents once a month, 0/6 (three months after all)
  • Movement every day
  • Elements, 0/8 weeks
  • Extend/fix with travel insurance, Nov 1ish, 0/1

As you see the above list looks quite long. I don't know if I can do it all. But I also know that certain tasks won't take long, certain tasks needs to be done in certain time frames which means it would be best if I divided all of these things out per month and week (when closer to deadline). This is why I think I'll probably in the next few days set up a goal post for the last three months of the year. I'll have a certain amount of daily tasks, weekly tasks, monthly tasks. Then I'll have other projects/tasks and such that will be fit in as deadlines says or when I have room in the schedule.

Realize in the above list I have none of the things that my Barcelona/Unsettled thing will add, because I don't know them. There will be some workshops that I can go to if I choose. I might hold a workshop. Then there are meals I might have together with participants, and that I might host. There are also a few different adventures we might go on. And my idea that I'll actually only work five days a week, so most things above need to happen on Mon-Fri.

Then after Oct 29, I don't know exactly where I will be. Tentative plan right now looks like Ireland until a couple of weeks into Dec, then Sweden for Christmas and off to Tokyo right after Christmas. However, that is only a tentative plan and I'm keeping it open so that if opportunities for interesting travel or travel companions(!) comes up, I am free to take them. Hopefully by middle of October or at least one week before Unsettled ends, I'll choose if Ireland is the next stop or not.

So there is some variability, but I think one important habit to start is to have review Mon/Fri where I check how much I've done, what I possible can do this/next week, and make sure I'm always coming back to my priorities and doesn't just willy nilly fill the time with other interesting things that might not be as important/interesting as what I listed above.

• Like 2

Last Quarter Goals

Below will be my master list of all tasks divided into daily, weekly, monthly, despite some of them only being for certain dates (I will add the dates).

UB: Unsettled Barcelona

NY: Nourish Yourself

IE: Intentional Eating

FS: Fireheart Society

PC: Phoenix Circle

DW: Depth Workshop

AC: Activate Courage

AW: Anthology Workshop

BL: Body Liberation

Daily

• NY, Daily Practice, 0/1 — Until Nov 19
  • IE, Food log every day with every meal/snack, 0/1 — Until Oct 12
  • IE, Mindful moment and check-ins with every meal/snack, 0/1 — Until Oct 12
  • IE, Distraction free meals/snacks, min 0/2 (might become more later in the course) — Until Oct 12
  • IE, Reflect on food log, 0/1 — Until Oct 12
  • Movement every day, 0/1
  • Writing, five days a week, 0/5
  • Work five days a week, whichever days that is best, 0/5 — Oct 30 - Dec 30
  • Work X 45-min sessions this week, 0/X
  • Do something related to learning Japanese daily-ish, 0/6
  • Meaningfully connect with my body, 0/7

Weekly

• UB, do work on weekdays or five days a week, preferably at the co-working space but not a must, 0/5 — Until Oct 29
  • IE, emails (Mon, Wed, Fri), 0/3 — Until Nov 12
  • UB, workshop, I might want to go to one a week maybe/probably, 0/0+ — Until Oct 29
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • FS, Magic Monday FB, Mondays (some time), 0/1
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • PC, coaching call (except only three weeks per month), Tuesdays, 18:30, 0/1
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • PC, coaching call (except only three weeks per month), Wednesdays, 9:00/10:00 (depending on day), 0/1
  • SOCIAL, community dinner, Wednesdays, 19:30ish, 0/1
  • UB, weekly lunch, Wednesdays, 12:00, 0/1 — Until Oct 29
  • FS, Wednesday Card Readings FB, Wednesdays 22:00/23:00 (depending on time zone), 0/1
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • BL, coaching call, Thursdays, 9:30, 0/1
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SOCIAL, community lunch, 12:00, 0/1
  • IE coaching call (Fri/Sat), 17:00/18:00 / 16:00/17:00, 0/1 — Until Oct 12
  • FS, Fireheart Friday FB, Fridays (can also post during the weekend), 0/1
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SATURDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • DW, Watch videos and take notes on anything that catches my attention, Sunday, 0/X — Oct 4 to Nov 14
  • DW, Assignment, deadline Monday try for Sunday, 0/1 — Oct 4 to Nov 7
  • IE, Reflect on weekly food log stuff, Sundays, 0/1 — Until Oct 12
  • AW, Write a short story and submit it, (actual deadline: Monday, 17:00), 0/1 — Nov 27 to Dec 10
  • Weekly review of tasks, Sundays, 0/1

Monthly

• FS, New Moon Call, every 28-29 days, 0/1
  • Contact little brother and parents, 0/2
  • Update travel budget spreadsheet, towards end of month, 0/1

Quite a long Weekly list, but never will I have all tasks and after middle of November they will drop sharply.

Beyond this I have tasks with deadlines. Some of the things are from the main projects (FS, NY, IE, PC, UB, DW and AW). So I will list those below, plus any other tasks with deadlines that I have on my schedule already (not part of the main projects). (I will update this when new tasks appear, at least if I knew about them some in advance, if they appear the same week they need to get done, they might not be updated to be added here (I might forget).)

Tasks

Ordered by date, not project

• IE, watch replay of 2nd coaching call, Oct 5, 1/1
  • PUBLISHING, finish copyediting the story I started last week, Oct 6, 1/1
  • AC, rewatch a part of the latest AC call and explore the point that stood out to me, Oct 6, 1/1
  • UB, dinner "party" (three people), Oct 5, 20:30, 1/1
  • Read book on Vellum, Oct 8, 1/1
  • Transcribing notes, Oct 11, 3/3 notebooks
  • AC, last coaching call, Oct 13, 19:00-20:00, 1/1
  • NY, coaching call #3 replay, Oct 13, 1/1
  • Finish re-formating of YCWYRWaL, Oct 15, 1/1
  • Upload YCWYRWaL to BR, Oct 15, 1/1
  • Email curator R about YCWYRWaL being available, Oct 15, 1/1
  • NY, Physical Module, Oct 15, 1/1
  • NY, Physical Module meditation, Oct 15, 3/3+
  • UB, Hold publishing workshop, Oct 19, 1/1
  • NY, coaching call, Oct 18, watch replay on Oct 19/20, 1/1
  • Update income/cost spreadsheet for royalties, Oct 20, 1/1
  • Sit down with publishing/writing financials (yearly income, yearly cost, etc.), Oct 20, 1/1
  • UB, closing dinner, Oct 27, 16:00, 1/1
  • NOMAD, fly to London, Oct 29, 1/1
  • PC, Extra call!!!, Nov 1, 23:00-00:00, 1/1
  • Extend/fix with travel insurance, Nov 1ish, 1/1
  • PUBLISHING, pay next 1/4th of copyedit for novels, Nov 2, 1/1
  • NY, coaching call, Nov 4, 17:00, 1/1
  • NY, Spiritual Module, Nov 5, 1/1
  • NY, Spiritual Module meditation, Nov 5, 3/3+
  • SOCIAL, coffee date with J, Nov 6, 10:00-11:30, 1/1
  • SOCIAL, call C, Nov 7, 10:30-14:30, 1/1
  • PUBLISHING, send email to A reminding her of my logo, Nov 7, 1/1
  • NOMAD, fly to Stockholm, Nov 8, 13:50, 1/1
  • BODY, doctor's appointment, Nov 9, 10:30, 1/1
  • PUBLISHING, check if my bank can receive € transfers, Nov 9, 1/1
  • PUBLISHING, Figure out marketing and schedule it for YCWYRWaL's bundle that appears Nov 13 (in newsletter/blog about bundle, add info about FR: Writers without Borders), Nov 10, 1/1
  • NOMAD, Unpack permanently (red training shirt, green floaty shirt, more?), Nov 12, 2+/2+
  • NY, coaching call, Nov 15, watch replay on Nov 16/17, 1/1
  • NOMAD, get travel insurance for Tokyo, Nov 20, 1/1
  • NOMAD, fly to Tokyo, Nov 23-24, 1/1
  • 1st Advent, Dec 3, 1/1
  • Full moon and super moon, Dec 4, 1/1
  • 2nd Advent, Dec 10, 1/1
  • Sankta Lucia, Dec 13, 1/1
  • Dad's birthday, Dec 15, 1/1
  • 3rd Advent, Dec 17, 1/1
  • New moon, Dec 18, 1/1
  • Winter solstice, Dec 22, 1/1
  • Christmas eve and 4th Advent, Dec 24, 1/1
  • New year's eve, Dec 31, 0/1 — Possibly visit a shrine at midnight

Now comes tasks without dates... Should I call them something else? Unscheduled Tasks? That sounds like a good one. *ding ding ding*

Unscheduled Tasks

Ordered by category, then priority

• CALLING, buy some domains, 1/1
  • CALLING, set up stuff with one domain, 1/1
  • NOMAD, Try to book a place (through AirBnB) for USA next spring, 1/1
  • NOMAD, Look over needed documentation for Japan visa. Make tasks of what I need to do and schedule them. 1/1
  • NOMAD, Remind myself of what I need to do to change my phone contract to pay as a go. Make tasks of it, schedule them. Don't forget stuff to unlock phone! 1/1
  • NOMAD, Book flight to Tokyo, 1/1
  • NOMAD, Book Roam Tokyo, 1/1
  • NOMAD, report my Japan visit to Swedish government (in case of natural disasters and such), 1/1
  • NOMAD, figure out some places I want to visit in Tokyo, 0.75/1
  • NOMAD, Update travel docs (list doc, important information, etc.): 2/2
  • NOMAD, Get Japanese sim card, and get transit card, 2/2
  • NOMAD, Put cell phone plan to resting, 1/1
  • NOMAD, Unlock iPhone when I have my new operator sim, Nov 16? (tied to when I get sim), 1/1
  • NOMAD, Figure out and book flight away from Tokyo, 0/1
  • FINANCE, Update my financial plan with investment info (intended length) and make actionable tasks for next steps, 0/1
  • FINANCE, Schedule regular check ins with my financials, 0/1
  • FINANCE, Figure out how I want to do about budgeting my money, method and tracking it, 0/1
  • READING, Read 3-4 magazines I travel with, 4/3-4
  • WEBSITE, Update website with latest release plus other tidbits, 1/1
  • PUBLISHING, Send the two finished novels for copyediting, 2/2
  • PUBLISHING, Finish Organization lecture, 8/8 with notes
  • PUBLISHING, Look at my publishing tasks, figure out what can be done simultaneously, which are step by step, and make sure to have a couple of heavy and a couple of easy tasks per week. Also look into batch tasking covers, sales copy, etc. 1/1
  • PUBLISHING, Post on FB about YCWYRWaL's bundle, 1/1
  • PUBLISHING, Post on blog about YCWYRWaL's bundle, 0/1
  • PUBLISHING, Write and schedule a newsletter about YCWYRWaL's bundle, 0/1
  • PUBLISHING, Figure out next steps so I know what to do during work sessions, 0/1
  • STUDYING, Strength workshop on Business 1 & 2 (SwB), 0.5/2
  • CLEANING, Figure out what needs to be decluttered, cleared and organized on my computer and make a plan, 1/1
  • MISC, Norway pic stuff (add other's from dropbox, add K's photos, upload mine), 3/3
  • MISC, Clean up genres on my music, 1/1
  • AC, reflection, before call on Friday 1/1
  • AC, letters part 2, 0/4
  • NY, prio questions from Kate, 1/1
  • NY, More perfect woman questions, 1/1
  • NY, next step in physical area (see Notes), think on the questions, 1/1
  • NY, look at celebration ceremony and schedule a time, 1/1
  • NY, celebration ceremony, 1/1
  • NY, reflection task, 1/1
  • IE, body externalization meditation, 1/1
  • Tarot reading body exercise, 1/1
  • PC, journaling questions #1, 1/1
  • PC, questions about making my mind work for my body, 1/1
  • PC, spend time connecting with my phoenix, 1/1
  • PC, spend time connecting with my red dragon, 1/1
  • PC, questions before call, 1/1
  • PC, journaling questions #2 (from call 2), 1/1
  • PC, listen to the part of the call 2 where I lost the connection, 1/1
  • PC, after call questions, 1/1
  • PC, video about coaching advice, 1/1
  • PC, writing and cycles, 1/1
  • PC, questions after #3, 1/1
  • PC, Look a support/supportable in different areas of my life, 1/1
  • BL, setting up worksheet, 1/1
  • Think about flying, can I make it feel better? What are my alternatives?, 1/1
  • Reflect over 2017 (use NY eight areas and more), 1/1
  • What will 2018 be? The Year of Creation? Something else?, 1/1

So that is quite a monster master list, but that is what I needed. I will on a weekly basis from Week 40 (aka Oct 2) put together the task list for the week. All the things I have to do, and then suggestions on Unscheduled Tasks that I might have room for or that I want to progress on.

I'll updates this both as new tasks arrive, I remember more, and as part of the weekly review.

Week 1 (#40) Goals

Week 1 (#40) Review

Week 2 (#41) Goals

Week 2 (#41) Review

Week 3 (#42) Goals

Week 3 (#42) Review

Week 4 (#43) Goals

Week 4 (#43) Review

Week 5 (#44) Goals

Week 5 (#44) Review

Week 6 (#45) Goals

Week 6 (#45) Review

Week 7 (#46) Goals

Week 7 (#46) Review

Week 8 (#47) Goals

Week 8 (#47) Review

Week 9 (#48) Goals

Week 9 (#48) Review

Week 10 (#49) Goals

Week 10 (#49) Review

Week 11 Goals post isn't linked because I didn't make one

Week 11 (#50) Review

Week 12 (#51) Goals and Review doesn't exist

PS. This list is dynamic, so something that was here at first might just disappear suddenly if I decide that a commitment I thought to do won't happen. (I just deleted the weekly yoga since I didn't do it week 1 or the week before during my previous goals.)

• Like 1

Tasks, Until Oct 1

• Movement, 14/20 — Until Sep 25 
  • NY 2.0/IE/self care, 18/21 — Until Sep 25 
  • NY daily practice, 0/7
  • IE replay of first coaching call, 0/1
  • IE do Mindful movement check ins during distraction free meals/snacks, 0/14
  • IE two distraction free meals/snacks per day, 0/14
  • Pack for Paris, 0/1
  • Train to Paris, 0/1
  • Travel to hotel from train station and check into hotel, 0/1
  • DECLUTTER MY PACKS, 0/1
  • Pack for Barcelona, 0/1
  • Train to Barcelona, 0/1
  • Get to UB meet up point and check into apartment, 0/1
  • Go grocery shopping, 0/1
  • Do copyedit on short story, 0/1
  • Update travel budget, 0/1
  • Look over the tarot reading I did a few days ago, 0/1
  • NY creating 40 day practice, 0/1
  • NY call #2, 0/1
  • NY perfect woman exercise part 2, 0/1
  • Rewatch a part of the latest AC call and explore the point that stood out to me, 0/1
  • NY yoga (earth), 0/1
  • IE some kind of plan for when I feel like binging, 0/1
  • NY physical nourishment module, 0/1 — I have until Oct 15
  • NY embodying physical nourishment (meditation) try it minimum 3 times this week, 0/3 — I have until Oct 15
  • NY physical expression rituals, do all three together: 0/1 — I have until Oct 15

Just making it easier for me, so I know what to do the rest of this week in one list.

Threw so many lists at you guys today, lol. I needed to get them out of my head, I suppose!

You know those days were everything just takes longer than you'd expect. I had one of those days. I'm not frustrated with it, I kinda just accepted it when I noticed that is where it was going. So I didn't really touch packing until 21:30 and just stopped at 23:15, not done, but only needing to pack clothes into a space too small to fit it, lol. I'll have to shove some stuff in the big backpack that already feels heavy but there is nothing to it.

Perhaps I can figure out things to get rid of in France, it seems like I need it. Reading a print book would help. A magazine or two too.

I'll do a review of my September goals tomorrow. They were only going until today Sep 25, so it is appropriate. I also remembered to move those tasks I wanted to my new master list above, but if you want to see how many I did take care of on that enormous list, you can find it updated today here: September Goals

Tasks, Until Oct 1

• Movement, 15/20 — Until Sep 25  — Took a walk, I really needed it for my legs
  • NY 2.0/IE/self care, 19/21 — Until Sep 25 — Tarot stuff, NY stuff
  • NY daily practice, 0/7 6
  • IE do Mindful movement check ins during distraction free meals/snacks, 0/14 12
  • IE two distraction free meals/snacks per day, 0/14 12
  • Pack for Paris, 0.5/1
  • Train to Paris, 0/1
  • Travel to hotel from train station and check into hotel, 0/1
  • Do copyedit on short story, 0/1
  • Update travel budget, 1/1
  • Look over the tarot reading I did a few days ago, 1/1
  • NY creating 40 day practice, 1/1
  • NY call #2, 1/1
  • Rewatch a part of the latest AC call and explore the point that stood out to me, 0/1
  • NY yoga (earth), 0/1
  • NY embodying physical nourishment (meditation) try it minimum 3 times this week, 0/3 — I have until Oct 15
  • NY physical expression rituals, do all three together: 0/1 — I have until Oct 15

• Like 1

Your list making skills are intense lol. 

And here I get scared of my lists when they go past 5-10 items - granted I'm not naturally a list-maker unless I'm stressed or if it is a list of fun things (books to read, movies to watch, etc)

Cheering you on for all of the cool things you want to do :D

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

8 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Your list making skills are intense lol. 

And here I get scared of my lists when they go past 5-10 items - granted I'm not naturally a list-maker unless I'm stressed or if it is a list of fun things (books to read, movies to watch, etc)

Cheering you on for all of the cool things you want to do :D

There was a lot of copy pasting, which is why I made the lists in the spoiler so I could make sure to get it right, after that I copy pasted items from the unsorted list and some other places I had lists. XD

And I'll admit that long lists do make me leery, which is why I often delete finished items so the list becomes smaller, although sometimes I feel like I make no progress then because I don't see the already finished items. There is no winning, lol.

Thanks! :D

• Like 2

Scratch that, my review of my September goals will happen tomorrow probably.

Today in simple words: F*CKING H*LL HOW DID MY BAGS GET SO HEAVY?!?!?!?!!

Basically, I thought I'd managed to reduce more than I added in UK, but I either came out exactly the same or heavier. So one of my first points of business in Paris, or rather the most important one will be to go through and declutter my bag. Anything I can get rid of needs to go, except my tea, because tea, and it isn't heavy. Maybe I could take all the tea out of the paper bags though, they carry some weight (I have them in zip loc bags around the paper bags)...

Also update of my to do list for this week:

Tasks, Until Oct 1

• NY daily practice, 1/6
  • IE do Mindful movement check ins during distraction free meals/snacks, 0.5/12 — did some check ins but not distraction free meals
  • IE two distraction free meals/snacks per day, 0/12
  • Pack for Paris, 1/1
  • Train to Paris, 1/1
  • Travel to hotel from train station and check into hotel, 1/1
  • Do copyedit on short story, 0.8/1 — Mostly done, I have a couple of things left I'll finish tomorrow or so
  • NY yoga (earth), 0/1

TL;DR: Mostly I did the minimum I could do today and get to Paris. 

• Haha 1

Ehmm, so daily report of yesterday, aka Wednesday Sep 27.

I had a very nice relaxing day and reminded myself I should not work while in Paris because I'm taking a few days off. Just because I have the energy doesn't mean I'll recharge, refuel, refresh as well if I also work. Geez, I never thought I'd come to a place where I could say "Oh, I could just work a little, it isn't very energy draining" when I specifically take days off. I need to curb that attitude, because it is that attitude that eventually leads to workaholism. Like my work is fun, but sometimes it is nice to do fun in other areas, yeah?

Tasks, Until Oct 1

• NY daily practice, 2/6
  • IE do Mindful movement check ins during distraction free meals/snacks, 1.5/12 — only ate one meal distraction free so...
  • IE two distraction free meals/snacks per day, 2/12 — I had one on Wednesday and for some reason I didn't count a distraction free one I had on Tuesday?!
  • DECLUTTER MY PACKS (NEW!)
  • Get to UB meet up point and check into apartment, 0/1 — I finally have the address, Thursday morning, lol
  • Do copyedit on short story, 0.8/1 — WILL NOT DO MORE; PARIS IS WORK-FREE ZONE
  • NY yoga (earth), 0/1
  • Like 1

Review of September Goals!

• Body: Movement, 15/20
  • Mind: Transcribing, 15/15
  • Spirit: NY 2.0/IE/self care, 19/21
  • Spirit: Exploration, 6/6

So looking at the results above. I see some interesting things.

I never tried for the fasting, that goal didn't really fit what I was trying to do, and it was optional so I ignored it.

Japanese fell to the side when I decided that I would do my priorities in order. That meant transcribing had to happen before Japanese and then most days I felt like I'd finished work after transcribing and never thought to take up Japanese after that point. This shows some interesting things which I'll have to think about if I want to add in language practice in my day. I think my first stop of business, which I already have in the master list for the last three quarter goals are to go through the Fluent in 3 Month main module/course element, and then set up a schedule which will include weekly (twice weekly?) calls to tutors/language exchange partners to practice spoken Japanese, and around that I need to practice and learn new things to talk about, yeah!

So writing... What happened with writing you might ask. I think the main point was that I put transcribing above writing and that also meant I kinda lost momentum, but then I'd already lost my momentum in August, so can't really blame it on September. I think a part of me had already decided that I'd take it up again in October with Unsettled Barcelona.

My first priority during these goals was transcribing and I smashed that goal. And that goes beyond doing it five days a week as I promised, I also transcribed more pages each day (except for perhaps the first week) than I thought I would. The biggest part of the success was deciding to stop seeing it as drudgery even before I started. I decided to approach it with joy and that made it so much easier to do. Not that I every day felt joy for it, or that I was joyful through the whole work session, but there is something to deciding that something is going to be fun/joyous that helps make it so.

I feel like movement and self care went kind of as expected for me. I think the movement goal got me outside a couple of times more than I would have otherwise. I think it is a matter of figuring out how I can get myself moving on a day to day basis. I find it far to easy to let other things fill all the time I have and suddenly it is late evening. However, I don't know that I can schedule it at a specific time slot that works for me right now. In Barcelona, I plan to walk to and from the co-working space every day, so hopefully that will mean about 1 hour of walking on weekdays anyway.

Exploration was a huge success. I made sure I went out and had fun. Planned things so I'd do them. I also think that two days/bigger activities a week works well for me. Working five days, exploration two days, although sometimes they overlapped and that was fine too.

Overall I'm very happy. I did my main objective well and more than I thought I would, and I at least coasted or did good on the next step on priorities. Except for writing.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I forgot the to do list!

21/26 items DOOOOOOOONE!

That is like huge. I did not expect to do them all. But I did a heck ton of them, so very happy about that. I expected to get less of them done. The one thing I can say, is that I think I did most of them early, like week one and two, and not so many in week 3. So that means I'll need to remember to go back to the list later in a challenge/goal period and re-commit to them. Especially now that I have three months instead of three weeks as my next period.

• Like 2

I don't want to talk about today. I've mostly talked about it in other places (private facebook groups with my current emotion and food mentors (Amy and Kate)). I spent 99% of today in my bed. I only ventured out to get some dinner and a couple of cups of tea (no coffee/tea maker in my room). I also skipped lunch.

Tasks, Until Oct 1

• NY daily practice, 2/6
  • IE do Mindful movement check ins during distraction free meals/snacks, 1.5/12 
  • IE two distraction free meals/snacks per day, 2/12
  • DECLUTTER MY PACKS, 1/1
  • Get to UB meet up point and check into apartment, 0/1 — I finally have the address, Thursday morning, lol
  • IE replay of first coaching call, 1/1
  • NY yoga (earth), 0/1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

I hope you're well and the time in bed was a needed rest.

Yes, it did me a lot of good. I was judging myself for a lot of stuff yesterday, mostly old patterns suddenly springing forward and hammering me all day. It happens. A good nights sleep put to 90% all right again.

Report for Friday, Sep 29

So Wednesday was so bad because partly I woke at 11 am and part of me started judging myself for being lazy, now you'll get nothing done, the day is ruined. Something harking back to my late teens. I haven't thought like that in a looooooong time. And then I wake up at 10 am, and there is nothing of that on Friday. I think it was just because I was in a better place and not having multiple judgements falling on me (that was not the only thing I was judging myself on).

So after spending a couple of hours for breakfast and showers and internet, I went out around 1 pm and walked to the Eiffel tower with a stop for lunch. Google said it'd take 1.5 hours, but apparently I walk slower than Google, so it took me more like 2h10-20mins. Haha, but it didn't matter. I looked at the tower, walked around for a bit and then took a boat buss close to my hotel (took about an hour) just for fun. I did want to get on a river boat, haha.

Tasks, Until Oct 1

• NY daily practice, 2/6
  • IE do Mindful movement check ins during distraction free meals/snacks, 2.5/12 
  • IE two distraction free meals/snacks per day, 3/12
  • Pack for Barcelona, 1/1
  • NY yoga (earth), 0/1
  • NY embodying physical nourishment (meditation) try it minimum 3 times this week, 1/3 — I have until Oct 15
  • Like 1

Report for Saturday, Sep 30

Just a quick update before I go shower and get a cup of tea and fully relax at my new place in Barcelona. I'm having the apartment to myself tonight because my room mate doesn't come in until tomorrow. A blessing I hadn't thought to ask for, but now appreciate a lot!

Tasks, Until Oct 1

• NY daily practice, 2/6
  • IE do Mindful movement check ins during distraction free meals/snacks, 5/12 
  • IE two distraction free meals/snacks per day, 5/12
  • Train to Barcelona, 1/1
  • Get to UB meet up point and check into apartment, 1/1
  • Go grocery shopping, 1/1
  • NY yoga (earth), 0/1
  • NY embodying physical nourishment (meditation) try it minimum 3 times this week, 1/3 — I have until Oct 15
  • Like 1