9 hours ago, J3NN said:

I've been in the reflecton mindset too, I even felt like my update today was a reflection on my challenge and progress. I guess it trickles out when you're doing it elsewhere... Hope you're doing well Where are you now!?

I'm currently in Tokyo and I'm doing quite well. I'm enjoying my time in any case. :)

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

2017-12-07

Weekly Scheduled

• MONDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SOCIAL, community dinner, 19:00, 1/1
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • PC, coaching call, 9:00, 1/1
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • THURSDAY
  • SOCIAL, meet with Kate, 0/1 — Rescheduled
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • FRIDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SATURDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SOCIAL, hang with Kate, 0/1
  • 2nd Advent, 0/1
  • Weekly review of tasks, 0/1
  • AW, Write a short story and submit it, (actual deadline: Monday, 17:00), 0/1

Weekly Tasks

• SOCIAL, contact little brother, 0/1
  • Explore one place in Tokyo, 0/1
  • NOMAD, figure out some places I want to visit in Tokyo, 0.70/1
  • NOMAD, Update travel docs (list doc, important information, etc.): 2/2
  • PUBLISHING, Post on blog about YCWYRWaL's bundle, 0/1
  • PUBLISHING, Write and schedule a newsletter about YCWYRWaL's bundle, 0/1
  • PUBLISHING, Figure out next steps so I know what to do during work sessions, 0/1
  • FINANCE, Update my financial plan with investment info (intended length) and make actionable tasks for next steps, 0/1
  • FINANCE, Schedule regular check ins with my financials, 0/1
  • FINANCE, Figure out how I want to do about budgeting my money, method and tracking it, 0/1
  • STUDYING, Strength workshop on Business 1 & 2 (SwB), 0.5/2
  • CLEANING, Figure out what needs to be decluttered, cleared and organized on my computer and make a plan, 1/1
  • CLEANING, Make progress on computer cleaning, moderate or better, 0/3
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~ Self care tasks below, just do one after another, not ordered: AIMING FOR 3 per WEEK ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • AC, letters part 2, 0/4
  • PC, learn about energy mapping, schedule when to start, 0.65/1
  • PC, Look a support/supportable in different areas of my life, 0/1
  • PC, watch replay of call 4 for being active while resting, 0/1
  • FS, Look at FS Weekly Dispatch from 4/17, 0/1
  • Reflect over 2017 (use NY eight areas and more), 0.5/1
  • What will 2018 be? The Year of Creation Birthing? Something else?, 0.25/1
  • Go through vision workshop from Amy and Kate again?, 0/1?

It seems like every other day I mostly game and every other I get some stuff done. I'm not worried. I'll hang out with Kate on Sunday.

• Like 1

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

2017-12-08

Weekly Scheduled

• MONDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • THURSDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • FRIDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SATURDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SOCIAL, hang with Kate, 0/1
  • 2nd Advent, 0/1

Weekly Tasks

• Explore one place in Tokyo, 0/1
  • NOMAD, figure out some places I want to visit in Tokyo, 0.70/1
  • PUBLISHING, Figure out next steps so I know what to do during work sessions, 0/1
  • FINANCE, Update my financial plan with investment info (intended length) and make actionable tasks for next steps, 0/1
  • FINANCE, Figure out how I want to do about budgeting my money, method and tracking it, 0/1
  • CLEANING, Figure out what needs to be decluttered, cleared and organized on my computer and make a plan, 1/1
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~ Self care tasks below, just do one after another, not ordered: AIMING FOR 3 per WEEK ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • PC, Look a support/supportable in different areas of my life, 0.5/1
  • Reflect over 2017 (use NY eight areas and more), 0.75/1

I did some stuff on reflecting 2017 and looking at supportable stuff for the same areas I reflected over. Half done, probably attacked the easiest ones, but ah well...

• Like 1

2017-12-09 - 10 and Week 10 (#49) Review of Last Quarter Goals

Weekly Scheduled

• MONDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • THURSDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • FRIDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SATURDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SOCIAL, hang with Kate, 1/1
  • 2nd Advent, 1/1

Weekly Tasks

• Explore one place in Tokyo, 1/1
  • NOMAD, figure out some places I want to visit in Tokyo, 0.80/1
  • PC, Look a support/supportable in different areas of my life, 0.5/1
  • Reflect over 2017 (use NY eight areas and more), 0.75/1

So the weekend. I had a lot of fun with Kate. We wandered around a beautiful park and talked and just enjoyed nature. Such a good day.

Saturday I don't remember exactly what I did, but it definitely involved: Netflix (The Mentalist) and GW2.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The week as a whole? I don't know that I have much to say. I'm in the middle of making a shift and it is going well. Oh, and I've started to really find Christmas cheer. So that is lovely.

• Like 3

Talking and enjoying nature sounds like a perfect weekend. And Christmas cheer is always a good feeling. 

Still waiting for for mine to kick in - but holiday food prep is usually the magic switch for me :)

Also your giant list still intimidates me :P

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

17 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Talking and enjoying nature sounds like a perfect weekend. And Christmas cheer is always a good feeling. 

Still waiting for for mine to kick in - but holiday food prep is usually the magic switch for me :)

Also your giant list still intimidates me :P

If I was always looking at the big list, it would frighten me too, lol. It all depends on when I plan to do it, doesn't it? Not even everything on the weekly lists are necessarily for that week, but partly reminders and options.

And yeah, the weekend was pretty great.

• Like 3

Week 11 (#50) Review of Last Quarter Goals

Some might have noticed I haven't updated all week. Partly because I didn't get off the ground with planing and then by design. So what did I get done this week where I didn't plan and didn't track here.

Weekly Scheduled

• MONDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • TUESDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • PC, coaching call, 10:00, 1/1
  • SOCIAL, community dinner, 17:00, 1/1
  • Sankta Lucia, 1/1 — Did a bit of singing by myself, also done more singing throughout the week
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • BL, coaching call, 9:30, 1/1
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SOCIAL, call dad on his birthday (also counts as contacting parents), 1/1
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • SATURDAY
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~
  • 3rd Advent, 1/1
  • Weekly review of tasks, 1/1

Weekly Tasks

• CLEANING, Make progress on computer cleaning, moderate or better, 1/1
  • PC, Look a support/supportable in different areas of my life, 1/1
  • Reflect over 2017 (use NY eight areas and more), 1/1
  • What will 2018 be? The Year of Creation Birthing? Something else?, 1/1

So beyond what happened during the week, I finally finished off reflection of 2017 and looking at the eight areas and supportable.

Then I looked at 2018 and have planned everything I mean to, which isn't much. I wanted to get a sense for what I want 2018 to be, and I have that.

Most of the week I played Guild Wars 2. I've also learned to cook several Japanese dishes and then cooked one of them by myself. I gained a desk for my room and have been spending time sitting there instead of just my bed.

The clearing I did was going through my old email address and deleting a lot of old email. Next stop is to forward any remaining email, and then move anything I still want away from that email. After that it will function purely as my junk email. Aka anytime a place asks for an email and I don't really want to give it? They get the junk.

I'm feeling pretty good right now. Maybe because most of my tasks got done towards the end of the week, but hey, I got stuff done. I'm also spending time in Christmas spirit. Listening to good music, lighting advent candles, opening my advent calendar. Stopping to enjoy the season.

PS. I have no plan to make a goals post for next week. I have several Christmas things coming up. Small Christmas dinner as community dinner. Another Christmas dinner on Sunday, aka Christmas eve when we celebrate in Sweden. There is also solstice on Friday which I might honor in some way. I'm thinking of going to IKEA and  picking up some Swedish food stuff.

• Like 1

Oh my gosh, I am so excited right now. My Christmas present to myself is a Nintendo Switch and it arrives tomorrow!!!!! Here I come Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey (why did they have to choose such a hard spelled word?) and and Mario and Rabbids. So much fun soon to happen!

• Like 3

So I'm not even going to make an official looking review of week 12/#51. Basically I did several Christmas things, I was chief for a Christmas dinner for my community here (tiring, youch, but fun), I went to IKEA, I tried out my Switch and the three games I've bought, I did a bit of computer clearing and then I decided to take 24th and 25th off from most computer and internet things. Happy about that.

Now the time "offline" (I wasn't really offline nor was the computer off limits and my Switch definitely wasn't!) has passed and I came in here to make the above "report".

Last week of the year and I'm still kinda winging it here in the forum.

• Like 3

That sounds like a fantastic Christmas present to yourself! The new Legend of Zelda game looks so beautiful, I hope you enjoy it :)

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

11 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

That sounds like a fantastic Christmas present to yourself! The new Legend of Zelda game looks so beautiful, I hope you enjoy it :)

It is AMAZING. I thought I was a die hard fan of Mario over Zelda, but while the Mario game is also AMAZING, I can't stop playing Zelda. So far this is open world done exactly right and the fact is I can pick it up for a short while and feel I do progress but I can also play for five hours (oops) in a row and have an awesome time too.

What I love most about it is that I've turned off most of the hud (aka the icons on the screen). The only thing I see are my hearts, not a map, not quest markers (which I can turn off on the quests too so I don't even see them when I take out the big map). I love how I don't have to feel beholden to get to the next stop and the next stop. I usually pick my directive, get a rough idea of how to get there and then start traveling. If I want to get there quicker I consult the big map more often, otherwise there are little things to find everywhere and meaningful side quests and such.

I just ordered an ocarina. I want to learn to play an instrument and my top pick is a piano, but that isn't so easy to travel with, haha. So I'm getting an ocarina that looks like the ocarina of time from the game by the same name. The blue one from Zelda just to be clear. SO EXCITED FOR THAT TOO!

• Like 3

In fact, I just played a little more Zelda this morning, finished part of an objective I set myself and now I suddenly have about four I want to do equally much. Next time I play I'll have to decide which one to start with, always such a hard choice!

• Like 2

The end of 2017 is almost upon us. It can be easily counted in hours and I will gladly say goodbye to it. Not because it has been a terrible year, far from it on a personal front, but because I can. I can gladly look at something great and smile as I move past it.

I mention the above, because I'll be leaving something else behind come January 1st. Temporarily or not. I don't know. I don't claim to know the future even for myself.

This forum have been great for me, especially my first year here. I joined 1 year and 8 months ago. I joined in the challenges 1 year and 7 months ago. I do count my battle log for the last 7 months as me following the challenges except I set my own dates. The last few months I've noticed that the forum is not doing for me what it once was and that however I fiddled with my formula I couldn't quite produce what I thought I wanted.

Especially in October when I started to have a more business focus did some of this become really clear.

I want to make it clear that I love these forums and the community. I love the spreading of love and wisdom, and how important it is to everyone to be the best they can be whatever that looks like. There is much to love. And also much that doesn't fit who I am anymore.

I leave because I'm figuring out other systems in my life that work better to become a better me. I know a lot of people use multiple tracking tools, like a bujo and this forum and such, and maybe that will work for me in the future. Heck maybe it will be the right thing in a couple of weeks. I don't know.

I do know that for the next couple of weeks, but more likely the next few months, my life is taking on a different trajectory.

I don't know if I'll pop in here with an update every now and then. Because I try not to promise anything I am not sure I will follow through on. However, you can always reach me through PMs because they go to my email. My notifications here on the site does not. I love you all and I hope to meet more of you outside the computer screen, I also hope to once again see several of you I've met before. Please PM me whenever.

I love you all! <3

*holds up glass* Here is to a 2017 that is over and a 2018 full of possibilities! Skål! Cheers!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Good luck in the coming year, and I hope you find the system that works best for you! :)

Thank you. Have a great 2018! Shift with the wind and hold steady with the earth. :)

9 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

Cheers Dagger! :D I shall miss you on here, as I still find NF very useful as an accountability tool, but we'll keep in touch anyway. :wub:

That we will! Can't let our beautiful friendship disappear. :) And I'm so glad NF is still working for you. This is a great place. <3

• Like 1

Happy New Year Dagger and best of luck to you in your future adventures :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Happy New Year Dagger and best of luck to you in your future adventures :)

Thank you! And to you too. :)