• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dagger

Dagger's Progress as a Nomad

How rigid do you have to be when setting out the number of meals/snacks?  Can you say "between 2 and 5" or whatever?

Also, regarding a food/feelings log, I'm sure a sporadic one would be better then none (in the context of your unrefundable course!).  Maybe just check in with yourself before/after eating in company, then fill in the log later?  If the feelings are strong, you'll remember - and if they're not, then they may well be irrelevant.

• Like 2

Dagger   
15 minutes ago, Vibrantella said:

How rigid do you have to be when setting out the number of meals/snacks?  Can you say "between 2 and 5" or whatever?

She suggested this actually, since rigid would not work for me. So I have 2-3 meals per day and 0-3 snacks per day. Which is pretty much how I eat currently, but I am more aware now.

Like yesterday, the first day, I ate three meals and two snacks. Mostly because I ate my late evening snack with dinner so I called it dessert which is what it was, but sometimes I don't have it until an hour or so after dinner.

17 minutes ago, Vibrantella said:

Also, regarding a food/feelings log, I'm sure a sporadic one would be better then none (in the context of your unrefundable course!).  Maybe just check in with yourself before/after eating in company, then fill in the log later?  If the feelings are strong, you'll remember - and if they're not, then they may well be irrelevant.

Yeah, I'll basically try for something like this. Remembering to check in before eating and after and recording later. It'll work out somehow. Also if the food log is more for binging and undereating, perhaps it won't matter as much for me. :) Although I am finding interesting thoughts with checking in so far. Basically I am figuring out better why I am eating, whether it is from hunger or other reasons. And I guess that is a big point. :)

• Like 2

Dagger   

2017-09-19

• Overall: Writing, 0/18
  • Body: Movement, 10/20 — warm up for Elements
  • Body: Fasting, 0/3
  • Mind: Transcribing, 12/15 — Yush, and amount I am more than happy with
  • Mind: Japanese, 2/18
  • Spirit: NY 2.0/IE/self care, 14/21 — A little weak on this, only did IE food log
  • Spirit: Exploration, 4/6

So this day (I'm writing this a day late) was good all things considered. I didn't feel at conflicted, constricted or anything like that about IE. Always a good thing. Instead I was just moving along, getting insights for why I choose to eat or not.

I think the biggest one, an interesting one, was that I choose to eat when I started getting inklings of feeling hungry instead of waiting until I actually feel hungry. I'm not sure what that means yet. Especially since I could be reading the signals wrong and therefore start eating before I am hungry. Mucho interesting stuff.

I will definitely continue with the food log, because I am finding insights from it, which is basically my criteria for deciding if something is useful when it comes for self care / self-reflection.

I've also decided that instead of trying to jump into Elements like the plan looks, I will be doing the warm up until I am comfortable with it, then I'll add the cool down/stretches and perhaps after I feel comfortable with both of those, I'll finally add the main part. Basically I'm easing my way into it. I should have listened to my instincts and just done that from the beginning, but you know hindsight is 20/20.

Also making good progress with transcribing. I will finish off two notebooks today (aka 9/20 or 20/9 which makes more sense to me :P) all because I did quite a bit of work. However, I am also noticing that I am letting making tea and such eat up a lot of time while I'm "working", so I'll figure out a way to kinda lessen that and get more work done during work hours.

• Like 2

Dagger   

2017-09-20

• Overall: Writing, 0/18
  • Body: Movement, 11/20 — walk, forgot Elements warm up
  • Body: Fasting, 0/3
  • Mind: Transcribing, 13/15 — Yush, although not quite as much as I had wanted
  • Mind: Japanese, 2/18
  • Spirit: NY 2.0/IE/self care, 15/21 — meditation, tarot reading, quick call with Kate
  • Spirit: Exploration, 4/6

Pretty good day all things considered. I made a small dent in letting my breaks to get tea eat up too much time, but I didn't have time for much transcribing due to how the day fell out. I still did around 10-12 pages so I guess that is still good. (That was a good day in the beginning, now a good day is 20+ pages, haha.)

Really hit the self care yesterday because I was trying to figure out if I will join a new thing Kate is doing this fall. I have a lot of things happening this fall. Same as I'll have this spring. But it'll be good.

Some time during the night I got the story I sent for copyedits, I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but from her comments in the email I think it'll fine. :)

Oh, and I'm getting a long enough mental list of self care stuff again that I am going to write it out.

Self care, in no particular order:

• Fireheart New Moon replay (1 hour replay with a meditation somewhere)
  • NY mantra + supercharge mantra
  • NY creating 40 day practice
  • NY call #2
  • IE focus in more on Mindful Moments, specifically the check ins while eating
  • IE some kind of plan for when I feel like binging, since I can't remember the last time I binged, more than a year ago, this is low on my prio list
  • Activate Courage coaching call, Friday
  • IE coaching call Saturday, might join for a bit, more likely not

I think that is all, and I guess you can see why I thought it a good idea to get it out of my head and written down. Today, Thursday, I'd like to do Fireheart replay and NY mantra & supercharge. I won't have time to do anything big on Saturday (Oxford with a friend!) and I'd ideally like to do most of the list (IE binging plan excepted) before the end of the week.

Also with IE, I'm seeing a lot of interesting things around hunger, aka that I'm not feeling it much. I'll ask in the FB group if she has any suggestions as in actually waiting until I know for sure I am hungry before eating, despite this potentially meaning I don't eat for quite a few hours. I'll see what she says. I think part of it might be that I don't know my subtle hunger cues, like either they're messed up or I just don't know what they are so I can't detect them. Who knows?