On 1/1/2017 at 3:31 PM, Dagger said:

5 6/12 new-to-me movies or performances of some kind (gymnastics, music concerts, circus, ice skating, dance, play, etc.)

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries (a fictional vlog) is great. I love how they updated Pride and Prejudice to modern day and how that shifted and changed things. Here is a link to a playlist that includes the side vlogs/videos that happens with other characters than Lizzie (aka you get the complete story (well you don't need the extra videos) in the right order, while I didn't discover this list until close to the end and I'd been tabbing between playlists and checking dates of uploads and stuff...): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KisuGP2lcPs&list=PL_ePOdU-b3xcDyyzeR5NjxeLEElsqYzn1&index=1

I can really recommend this if you like P&P. Even if you don't, it is great in its own way. I have not read any of the books that came later; I looked at them and felt that from me the story was complete so I didn't want or need the extra depth.

This is what kept me up until 3 am the other day, because I decided (despite only being half way through the main diaries) to watch all the way to the end before going to bed, despite having figured out it would probably take me five hours or so, and more since I didn't really know about the side-vlogs at the time. :P

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

17 hours ago, Dagger said:

I hear you on the fleeting relationships. I think these first six weeks really gave me a good perspective on this. I met a lot of great people, but there are only a few that I really want to keep in contact with. I'll try to meet up with several when I visit London because so many lived there, but otherwise there are only 2-4 people (outside the Tuscan Fitness guys) that I really want to be friends with. And that is alright by me, I'd go crazy from trying to keep up with everyone if I tried to stay in touch with them all. O_O

For me (and I think for most travellers), travel friends are more people to enjoy the moment with - to help each other get the most out of the experiences you have - rather than people you're hoping to become lifelong friends with. Some may do and that's great, but as Severine phrased very well:

On 7/22/2017 at 5:55 PM, Severine said:

[...] connections can be short term and still be good [...]

• Like 1

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

I suddenly realized a part of my mind have been screaming at me in the background during this planing phase. I'm writing this raw as the realization hit so I will just write whatever comes. Basically its message is:

WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF ALL THIS PLANING? YOU NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH. YOU HAVE ALL THESE GOOD INTENTIONS AND MAYBE YOU'LL FINISH ONE OR TWO THINGS, BUT AFTER THAT? LAUGHABLE!

SERIOUSLY, WHY DO YOU PERSIST AND CONTINUE TO MAKE PLANS?! YOU'VE DONE THAT, YOU'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE. AND WHAT HAS THE RESULT BEEN?!?!?!?!

THAT IS RIGHT. CRICKETS. MAYBE EVEN TREE CRICKETS, aka cicadas. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT?

That last question I can answer now that I am aware of it.

In March and April, I proved I could follow a plan laid out for six straight weeks. I could do and get through what I meant to. Earlier this year, I committed to Nourish Yourself and did those exercises and daily practices timely for 40 days. FOURTY DAYS.

I am not the same person I've been during most other planing phases. Actually, I'm not the same person as any previous planing session. I know one thing.

I can achieve if I want to and if I take care of myself.

I do things as a matter of fact that would previously have taken a whole day to gather energy and then feel spent after.

I know how to make deadlines for myself and be gentle with myself and pivot when necessary.

Every day, week, month, I figure out a little more about myself so I can feel better, be happier and be more fulfilled. Which means being productive, achieving, and sometimes doing what needs doing whether I want to or not.

I'm not that person who is screamed about in my mind, and even if I was? I enjoy planing. I'm enjoying it more now that I follow it more. But even so, I prefer following the seasons of my mind, and my mind is in spring, a time of growth and waiting for the enough warmth and water to grow into a beautiful flower so I can bloom.

Thank you, screaming voice. I honor you. I heard you. Now I politely ask you to quiet down and remember that the past is not now. The future is not now. Now is now, and now we plan. *blows a kiss*

• Like 8

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Daily Report, Sweden Time, 2017-07-24

• Finish July novel, 0/1
  • Fixing pass on July novel, 0/1
  • Send in July novel, 0/1
  • Focus on eating a lot of veggies every day, 7/12
  • Do each recipe (except one, no food processor) I learned once (green bean salad, veggies burgers, frittata), 0/3
  • Walk for ca 1 hour every day with the hiking backpack, 5/12

I don't know if there is much to say about yesterday (late again with report :P). I'm thinking about things. I'm working on the plan for right now and for the future, but not something I'm at a point that I want to share.

I had a nice long walk. :) I also got back into some self care things.

I again stumbled on Stoicism. I feel like my current areas of research for spirituality are Shinto (although not for a bit), Buddhism and Stoicism. I can't complain. :) 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dagger said:

I do things as a matter of fact that would previously have taken a whole day to gather energy and then feel spent after.

I know how to make deadlines for myself and be gentle with myself and pivot when necessary.

Every day, week, month, I figure out a little more about myself so I can feel better, be happier and be more fulfilled. Which means being productive, achieving, and sometimes doing what needs doing whether I want to or not.

You seem to have cracked this adulting thing, my friend! :D   We are all here for self-improvement, and it's great when you yourself notice the progress.  Well done!

• Like 1

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

9 minutes ago, Vibrantella said:

You seem to have cracked this adulting thing, my friend! :D   We are all here for self-improvement, and it's great when you yourself notice the progress.  Well done!

Well... I'm not sure I've cracked it, but I feel more capable of doing it and it happens in faster time frames so that is good. :D

Thanks!

• Like 2

I bought a tent this spring, but I hadn't tried to set it up, so I thought I should do this before Norway. This is one of those tents where you don't have to stake it to raise it, so I didn't stake it. I just wanted to be sure all parts where there and that I'd be able to put it up in Norway. It is a very easy tent so happy about that.

I did however wonder about a lot of string/rope that I could find on the rain fly in many places, plus I had a feel that a couple of more stakes wouldn't be a bad thing. Ah well, I have enough stakes and I'm sure someone with more experience can tell me what I might like to tie those strings too (perhaps more stakes?). ^^

• Like 2

Strings on the rain fly are usually for additional support if the stakes alone are insufficient, for example:

• you're somewhere really windy
  • you're extra paranoid about the structural integrity of your tent
  • you're a photographer who wants the tent to look perfect

And yes, you attach the ropes to the ground with more stakes :)

• Like 4

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

@SymphonicDan: Thanks! I was thinking that might be it, but considering I might have camped once in my life and it was over a decade ago... ^_____^

• Like 1

Daily Report, Sweden Time, 2017-07-25

• Finish July novel, 0/1
  • Focus on eating a lot of veggies every day, 8/12
  • Do each recipe (except one, no food processor) I learned once (green bean salad, veggies burgers, frittata), 0/3
  • Walk for ca 1 hour every day with the hiking backpack, 6/12

The one thing I'll say about this day. I read a lot of Eat, Pray, Love and finished it. There are things I'm taking from it that are slowly finding their places in my head. It has to do with plans and not having plans continuing the reshaping of my future. I almost feel the urge to re-read the book again or at least the Indian and Bali part. Highly recommended if you haven't read it already.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

Because you've already internalised the Italy part? :) 

No, but because those other parts spoke to me more or what I'm thinking of doing more. However, I think the book probably works best if I reread it as a whole.

• Like 2

Daily Report, Sweden Time, 2017-07-26

• Finish July novel, 0/1
  • Focus on eating a lot of veggies every day, 8/12
  • Do each recipe (except one, no food processor) I learned once (green bean salad, veggies burgers, frittata), 0/32
  • Walk for ca 1 hour every day with the hiking backpack, 7/12

Things still happening in my brain. Not getting enough of my travel to-dos or writing done. It'll be a hard few days ahead. Please cheer me on.

Thanks.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Things still happening in my brain. Not getting enough of my travel to-dos or writing done. It'll be a hard few days ahead. Please cheer me on.

Just found your log and would like to follow :) Hard days contribute to the challenge of your goals and life in general - once completed they'll make you feel so accomplished! Warm wishes from the North of the UK. You've got this! 

• Like 1

"Little by little, one travels far."
J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)

~ Constantly Respawning ~

2 hours ago, Caeleth said:

Just found your log and would like to follow :) Hard days contribute to the challenge of your goals and life in general - once completed they'll make you feel so accomplished! Warm wishes from the North of the UK. You've got this! 

Thank you. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vibrantella said:

You can do it, @Dagger!  We believe in you! :D More importantly, you believe in you! :victorious:

Thank you!!!

You are right. I'll do this somehow. :D

• Like 2

Just bought a ticket to an event Elizabeth Gilbert is doing in London towards the end of September! I guess I'll either stay put in London or come back for that. Woop woop!

Also bought travel insurance for my next few trips. :)

• Like 5

I have confidence that these hard days are going to meet their match. Good luck! I am also sure that whatever challenges come, you'll use constructively as much as possible. Good work spending the time grappling with the stuff in your head - it'll pay off one way or another.

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

On 27 Jul 2017 at 0:32 PM, Dagger said:

Just bought a ticket to an event Elizabeth Gilbert is doing in London towards the end of September! I guess I'll either stay put in London or come back for that. Woop woop!

This event was moved to next May, so I asked for a refund. I don't want to commit to being in London in May right now.

• Like 1

On 27 Jul 2017 at 5:24 PM, Severine said:

I have confidence that these hard days are going to meet their match. Good luck! I am also sure that whatever challenges come, you'll use constructively as much as possible. Good work spending the time grappling with the stuff in your head - it'll pay off one way or another.

Sorry, I didn't reply until now, I've been hermeting to make sure I finished the novel.

Thank you. :D I love that you guys believe in me. <3

• Like 2

Daily Reports, Sweden Time, 2017-07-27 - 2017-07-29

• Finish July novel, 1/1
  • Fixing pass on July novel, 1/1 (technically on July 30th, but anyway)
  • Send in July novel, 1/1 (technically on July 30th, but anyway)
  • Focus on eating a lot of veggies every day, 11/12
  • Do each recipe (except one, no food processor) I learned once (veggies burgers, frittata), 0/2 — Nope :(
  • Walk for ca 1 hour every day with the hiking backpack, 10/12

So the challenging days where to write about half the novel in three days if I didn't mention that. It is just over 30'000 words and I wrote 11'500ish of those yesterday. I was up until 2:30, but I did it.

I actually did it. I have previously done 11'080 words in one day, I guess I have a new record, lol. I'm like @fleaball and probably a few more of you that can suddenly pour out work if I absolutely need it.

I wouldn't even be tired today if I hadn't needed to get up at 6:15 to catch a flight. Last time I did 11k in a day I was knackered for days. I guess taking pauses and going for a long walk and such really helps with keeping the amount of work from burying you.

I'll now go into a week of radio silence. There is no way I'm checking the forum while out in the wilderness of Norway.

Love all of you.

See you when I'm back in Sweden next Monday (aka not tomorrow).

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Severine said:

Giant high five for getting the July novel done on time! Must feel good!

giphy.gif

Thanks! It feels awesome. I knew if I didn't do it, I'd regret it so I just had to focus and get on it. 

Also, thanks for the tips in packing the backpack. When I walked from the airport this morning the backpack didn't sit that comfortably, but I repacked it and I hope it'll be better now. :)

• Like 1