What do you look forward to?

chammy

For those of you (like me) who are not yet at your goal(s) physically, what are you most looking forward to? What is one thing that will make you think "Man, I'm really doing this!"

For me, it's the day that I have visible collarbones. I know, weird thing, but it's still something I look forward to.

[Pixie | Warrior] Carjack: Muscles don't get confused. They only get angry. | Catspaw: I'm always willing to help dig holes for your bodies. | Twitter | Instagram | chammy has a log | chammy competes at the end

Last fall I went shopping one day, ended up getting a couple pair of pants (the fat pants were getting way too big, I had already lost a good bit, but was still very early in the process) and a shirt that I thought was a dupicate, in different colors/patterns, of my favorite long sleeve shirt. Same size, same brand. I was wrong, my old was was cut big, it fit me fine even at my fattest, my new one was cut slim, super slim, the skinny jeans equivalent of a long sleeve polo. I never tried it on just assuming it was the same shirt. Fitting into that shirt has been a goal of mine all along. Given the way its stripes are and how tight it is, I really had to be trim to pull it off. And I'm wearing it today for the frst time (w/ wife approval). Woot.

...but a really key point will be when I decide that I have a 6 pack.

I always thought, at first at least, that when I decide that I'm not fat anymore was going to be a big point. It was quite anticlimatic, as I realized in hindsight that I didn't view myself as fat anymore, but couldn't quite pinpoint a time when my thinking changed.

Needing to buy a new belt because the old one was too big was a really big point for me.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

Never being self-conscious about my body. Even at the beach.

I recently admitted to myself that no, I didn't hate the beach because it was overly sandy and sunny and stuff, I hated it because it required a swimsuit and I was too fat. I think even admitting that to myself is progress!

I feel okay now in my black one-piece swimsuit. Looking forward to being able to pick up whatever I like.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Seeing my abs

Losing the love handles and extra fat under the chin

Doing 20+ wide grip pullups (currently at 7), and eventually a muscle-up

Being able to do a handstand pushup

Wearing "fitted" shirts

Buying billabong / quicksilver trunks in the store and not online (stores don't tend to have 'em above size 36) - Might be able to do this now actually :-)

Fitting into a 42 Long suit - Not sure it will be possible due to shoulders and chest, so 44 Long may be the sweet spot

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

i think what will give me so much pleasure, is when i spend over a year at my ideal weight/size while still eating/working out. i've been at that weight before...but i got there unhealthily...so i would look good but feel crappy. i want to look good in a bathing suit AND feel good enough to go out and DO THINGS in it.

i also have a couple pairs of pants and a skirt that i would love to wear again. oh, and not to have cellullite. that would make me sooo much more comfortable.

Man I have a loooooooong list in response to this!

1. Bikini, never ever worn one (last time I was skinny, I was skinny-fat and still had a belly... not gonna happen this time!)

2. Get through our hardest dance without injury, fudging it, etc. (I will need to be able to jump, and I mean JUMP, in and out of lunges multiple times; including jump into a lunge, stay down while switching legs a few times)

3. Full pushups ... then, pull ups and chin ups

Actually I can't even imagine getting past those three, can't wait!!

Goals 2012: Lose 22kg; run City to Surf in under three hours, no walking; finish New Rules of Lifting for Women; complete 3rd year of degree; get job or internship in an art gallery, museum or auction house.

"Let me have humility, an awareness of my own ignorance and fragility, and contempt for nothing but the insolence of those who condemn me." Petrarch

Blog. First challenge.

I'm getting really close to goal weight wise, and the things I'm looking forward to are changing as I go. Right now I'm looking forward to:

Being able to do a pull-up (I'm going to be able to do it eventually!).

Getting my body fat % below 25.

Running a full 10K.

Maintaining my weight loss long enough for it to be just living, not "maintenance".

Level 0 Undine Druid

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.†~ Finding Nemo

June challenge thread.

For anyone who has read my challenge, you know I am looking forward to dunking a basketball. I need to lose about 15-20 more pounds to be at an ideal weight for this (I think).

Also, looking forward to crushing my lent commitment of Primal for the Lenten season and having those results finally push my wife over the Primal edge

For Collin....I will level up my life with the lessons you taught me

My attempt at a blog: just54days.wordpress.com

Battle Log: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?5775-MacNip-s-Growing-Up-(Hopefully)

Pressing my weight over my head.

Rocking fitted shirts from Express.

6 pack and the V line in the hips. I doubt the V will happen, but abs will.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Being able to buy women's t-shirts from Thinkgeek (the babydoll, not the classic cut), or RIPT, or Threadless - for now, I have to get a men's large.

Being able to go into any store (especially specialty shops) and buy clothes off the rack.

Not having to start my search for my company holiday party dress in October, in the hopes of finding something suitable in my size.

Just... being a "normal" size. Normal weight for my height. No belly pooch or jiggly thighs or flabby arms or back fat. Just... normal. At least on the outside. On the inside I will happily be my usual quirky self.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

A couple of my early motivations were to be able to wear my leather motorcycle jacket again (I wore it all through my punk rock youth, but had grown way too huge to even attempt wearing it. I was successful at about 9 months in) and to be able to buy clothing in the "normal" section of the store, not the "Big and Tall" section (this took about 6 or 7 months).

My next clothing goal is to be able to wear a superhero costume to conventions and look plausible (no offense to all of us nerds, but some of us should not wear spandex!).

I also want to hit a 400 pound dead lift by the end of the year.

When I can do a pull-up I will feel like a beast.

When I can run a 10k without having to stop for a walk-break, I will feel like I've finally "become" a runner after trying for 4 years.

When my mid-section no longer hangs over any part of my jeans at all and I don't have that weird roll under my scapula when I'm wearing a sports bra, I might actually start to believe my husband when he tells me I'm gorgeous.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

When I can do a real pull-up. (I use an assist @ 65lbs to do 3 sets of 5.)

When I can wear a bikini with REAL confidence instead of wanting to cover up every chance I get. (And to show off my tattoo on my side more often.)

When I can wear jeans without having love handles or having fat pinched. (Why do jeans have to be SO low rise?)

When I can make men or women jealous of my skills/hobby of lifting weights.

When I do all this stuff to maintain and not lose weight.

When I do all this stuff to maintain and not lose weight.

This! Hopefully by June-July.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf