I am.. 36, married, the father of a 3-year-old boy.

Fitness-wise, I'm 5-11 and weigh 155 pounds, so obviously not in need of losing any weight. That doesn't mean I'm fit or healthy, though. Aside from a bit of walking, my entire adult life has been sedentary, and I'm attempting to shake that up by signing up for six-months of kickboxing (it's not combat-based; just whaling on a bag, with some calisthenics thrown in). I don't have any real fitness goals, and I'm okay with that. I'm just committing to the kickboxing twice a week, and I'll see what happens.

Fitness is just a small part of it, though. I labored with (mild) depression and (not-so-mild) anxiety for about three years, and only this year have I begun to emerge from the pit. I'm determined to begin leveling up my life in all areas - to be the man my wife married, the father my son deserves.

In terms of interests, I have to admit I've not been much of a gamer since my teen years (I deliberately avoided WoW and EverQuest, et al, because I knew how addictive they would be for me!). But I am a fantasy enthusiast, having played D&D and a sword-and-sorcery PBM for years. "Johan Whitehelm" is my fantasy alter-ego... I've even given him a complete back-story, which I guess is pretty geeky...

Anyway. Happy to be here. To the horizon! 

• Like 3

Welcome!  Having specific fitness goals is probably not critical.  It could be as simple as stay active and maintain weight.  If you get into the challenges, you can use them for driving life-improvements as much as fitness while holding yourself accountable.  I think you'll find the people on this sight fully empathetic and more than helpful.

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5