Place to regroup and recuperate between challenges, also character sheet. 

cbf36e2ed2ca3cae356f2862d8d57d0c.jpg

Character Sheet

Kohl
Female, Were-Panda
163 cm/ 5'4" 
Class: ?

'Look good in a dress and can hunt you down' is a perfectly valid body goal. 

• Flexibility, agility, a bit of endurance; can climb, can stalk, can sprint.  
  • (For now?) not going to gym, just using my house/living space and things here.
  • Bodyweight/ dance/ light cardio. 
  • Largely primal/ paleo, with occasional eating out and (most often neolithic) baking. 

Starting - June 1st, 2016: Unfit, barely moving, weak back, squishy, 62.1 kg (136.9 lbs)
Goal: Joining a dance studio, can climb, maybe not being murdered if to visit a crossfit gym, not/less squishy, move freely and lightly and can legit pounce, anywhere 2.5 kg below/above 50 kg (110.2 lbs)

Objective I: Finish first NF challenge and join a guild.

Current state: N/A

2i7w9ps.jpg

Mission Listing

kohl were-panda

kohl's safe house

challenges: I 

Prologue & Introduction: Gearing Up

Hello. This is the third attempt of me participating in NerdFitness. I'm trying again-- for mainly two reasons that hopefully would shift the likelihood that this one will take:

The first is that-- separate from NF, I stumbled upon and eventually partake in (?) paleo/primal movement since last year's April. Was sort of strictly paleo/primal for awhile, but not anymore (more on this later perhaps), would say 70-80% nowadays.

The second is that I intend to exercise. Back then I was more concerned about losing weight but not interested in exercising. It was along the thinking that as long my appearance is acceptable there's little need to exert myself. Well lost considerable amount but then --now what? After a long stagnation where I hovered at the same place (in more ways than one) I decided/realized that there should be more to diet and exercise and living healthy than to look good.

1-zoolander-quotes.gif

The turning point was me remembering that I liked to climb as a child. I remembered the dance part of childhood/adolescence (getting to dance again was my goal for previous challenges), but not the climbing.

I forgot the feeling of being strong, or fit.

Would like to feel that way again.
Also all zombie apocalypse intake might finally have made me wonder whether I'd survive an outbreak or the resulting world. Just got introduced to Last of Us playthrough.

Anyway. Creating this topic so that I have no excuses in the form of waiting for rebellion challenge to end/start as several of my should-have-been-respawnings had been (conveniently) unmade due to hopping back at inopportune time.

So gonna dust furnitures, rig the windows with traps, and while waiting for the call to adventure, line up and polish my gear.

Pre-First-Challenge Task List:
  • Take 'before' pictures.
  • Walk 30 minutes/day, figure out how to include this into the day.
  • Familiarize self with reddit bodyweight warm-ups.
  • Keep a food log.
  • Weigh-in everyday (already do this but sometimes I skip days).
  • Plan 1st challenge.

See you around!

kohl were-panda

kohl's safe house

6.6th.2016

Testing an update format 

Take 'before' pictures
Looked up how to do 'proper' before pictures. Do have a cellphone tripod and bluetooth remote so will use them.

Walk 30 minutes/day, figure out how to include this into the day
Did 2 out of 4, found that it's easier to just place it into 'whenever is the soonest I can do it' rather than a certain timeslot. Because semi-surprise dates, gaming and sudden laziness/not feeling wellness happen. Would like to alternate between podcasts and audiobooks as listening materials.

Familiarize self with reddit bodyweight warm-ups
Ordered a resistance band (should arrive before next challenge) and tried the non-band ones. Confirmed that I am very stiff.

Keep a food log
This is harder (?), well, more difficult to keep track of than I expected it to be. Used to track food using an app, but while convenient, it makes it hard to review previous entries/days. So physical journal might be a better idea. I'm considering hybird of both, like writing down the log in phone then moving it to a journal.. but that's twice the work. Hmm.

Weigh-in everyday
Skipped Sunday because of.. circumstances? Though looking back it could have been easily done. Anyway. Other than that, tracked. Haven't decided whether to include daily weigh-in into my challenge log, most likely I'll just include the start and end.

Plan 1st challenge
I like this format of reporting progress/updating. It requires me to focus on listed goals and giving me definite topics to talk about (even when not feeling inspired). One of the major problem I had in previous challenge-tries was 'I have nothing to report about' since I have been on a 'diet' for a long time and largely eat not-too-badly and ... well, one could say that the infatuation stage wore off long ago. Me and my (mostly healthy choices of) food, we're old couple now.

It might also be a good idea to set definite when to do 'scheduled updates'? (Like, every Mondays and Thursdays) It's not romantic but could keep the challenge afloat when needed.

Other than that, I'm a Bullet Journal-er and since most of the challenge will fall on June, I'm lining up the targets with my monthly plan.

So far I'm mulling these:

• Do KonMari tidying up. Not sure if I could finish but would like to do at least halfway.
  • Walk 30 minutes/day, except Sundays.
  • Do reddit warm-ups for 10 minutes every other day. 
  • Keep a physical food log. Also post more/again to my paleo-food-instagram account.
  • [I'd like another fitness-health-weight related target here, but unsure what. I feel like missing something.]

See you soon!

kohl were-panda

kohl's safe house

6.7th.2016

The resistance band arrived, going to try the warm-ups later today.

I think I know what target to put into the last slot-- it's the elephant in the room: weight loss. I just found/ read the article about Assassin training, and this part stopped me: 

If you’re going to be an assassin, you need to have complete control over how your body operates and moves at all times. This means you must be at an optimal weight: carrying too much weight and bulk can slow you down when trying to scale buildings and leap between rooftops.  Think like a rock climber or a master Parkour traceur (which I’ll get to shortly): powerful strength and lightning quick reflexes are your best friend – half an inch or a few extra seconds can be the difference between a successful climb and fall, a successful mission or failed attempt, even life and death.

I'm sort of okay (complacent?) with my current 59-62kg range, I fit into M dresses and don't look too bad. But looks is no longer my (only) concern anymore, is it. 12 kg/26 lbs is a lot to carry around when you think of it as additional deadweight when trying to sprint and climb. That's a toddler. Or two fat cats. Or half a sack of kitty litter sand. While I'm the kind that considers 5 lbs netbook too heavy to carry around.

Alright then. This morning's weigh in clocked me at 61.2 kg (134.9 lbs), depending on where I am at 12th, I'll set the target weight for the challenge at 57.5 or 58 kg. 

Shall ponder a bit more about the plan I'm actually going to approach it with. 

kohl were-panda

kohl's safe house