Ever go looking through a stack of your video games and find a dusty one?  When you pop it in the console and it opens up to your last save you slowly start to remember how the game works and eventually get settled back in, right?

So that's where I am at.  I stopped posting in here a while back and kinda sorta did some training (but mostly just looked at my weights at home).  Tried to get out to the field and throw once a week (sometimes made it twice!).

All that being said I stopped, both lifting and training, all winter.  Then earlier this year went out and did a couple weeks of training throws.  Focused hard on the basics of technique and how to get through injury free.

In April, I went and competed at Tartan Day South 2016.  Never thought that with so much downtime I would set 4 new PRs including finally getting on the books with a score for Weight over Bar and turning a caber at a perfect 12:00.

(Forthose of you scratching your head right now going "WTF is a caber and why do you turn it?"  I compete in the heavy athletics at Highland Games events.  It's like the Scottish version of a strongman competition.  We wear kilts and throw heavy stuff.)

To complete the summary here, I fell off the wagon by having my own home gym.  I had no motivation to work out and train.  So when I moved into my new apartment and my fiancée said the weights/platform had to go due to space, off they got sold.  We got a gym membership and now I'm in there 3x a week.  Right now it's two days lifting one day spin class.

I'm hoping to get back in the wagon with being on the forums again too.

I am liking the idea of dusting off this old game and remembering how to play :)

• Like 2

-RescuedRuckus

Don't Give Up the Ship