• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

Redstone Crafts a Map & Builds a Well

10 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I just ordered fractional plates, so I'll be joining the "duffel around the gym" crew shortly. I also considered ordering clamps, but I figured it was probably cheaper just to pick some up from a local store. My gym has clamps but there are sometimes not enough to go around. 

Maybe get a unique duffel bag so that if someone else had it besides yourself the gym crew would know it was stolen? 

Oh sweet, that'll be nice to have for the gradual increases! I always forget that you can just bring stuff to the gym, derf. I was also thinking about super hyper cutesy bag that anyone else would be embarrassed to be seen with... I'll have to check out my fabric options downstairs lol Possibly a good project for zero week... ;) 

8 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Hi!!! Congrats on awesome attempts for the virtual comp! Very impressed!

Sorry to hear about the gear, that sucks major.

Thanks so so so much!!! And also, yeah, bummer, thanks so much lol :P All is well, I pouted for two days and got over it :D Will live to lift another day!

• Like 2

Speaking of another day, here is today's log. I'm starting to wonder if I should bother logging bodybuilding days, but why not? That's part of the weightlifting umbrella, no? So I guess I'll keep posting it until it seems silly and repetitive... Anyhoo. So. Some weight increases here, mostly minor, but pretty much all around except for the all the rows which I will probably try to up next week.

Incline Bench

1X8/45#

4X8/55#

Flat Bench DB Flye

3X10/15#

1X8/20#

Seated Cable Row

3X10/60#

1X12/60#

1 Arm DB Row

2X10/20#

1X12/20#

DB Lat Raise

1X12/5#

3X8/7.5#

Incline DB Curl

1X12/8#

2X8/10#

Cable Tricep Extension

1X12/17.5kg

1X10/22.5kg

2X12/22.5kg

I followed that all up with 20-30 minutes of Kung Fu conditioning and a ton of stretching, and I kind of regret it cause some guy walked me out of the weight room quizzing me all about martial arts in a less than pleasant way when all I wanted to do was run and go eat all the stuff. Ah well. It did feel super good on the joints though, and it unquestionably helps with mobility comfort. So that's good anyways! tomorrow is more fun with leg stuff and my cardio is usually leg-ish so I saved it for then, which is annoying because when I got home I had some ideas for hanging type circuits which would have been better for upper day lol Ah well, will save if for next week I guess!!

9Mh20JQ.gif

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I say keep logging it!  

What do you mean, "in a less than pleasant way"?

Well, it always starts pretty simple, like - hi there, what were you doing in there, karate or kung fu maybe? Oh yeah, kung fu, kind of looked like that based on the way you were holding your hands. So... do you think you could take me, right here right now??

The last bit is coupled with a guffaw, then a long winded explanation of everything he knows about martial arts although, no, no he's never trained himself. His son however, is a 3rd degree black belt in who-gives-a-shit while I have a shaker full of cookies and cream flavored baby formula waiting for me in my locker :P 

It's not the first time, and I think the novelty is primarily because I'm a small friendly lady. (There are tons of guys doing MMA and boxing stuff in there that don't get long winded conversations about their workouts which they desperately need a shower from... smells like mansplaining to me LOL)

Not a huge deal, comes with the territory, and I did get to answer the - how long have you been training - question right when my gym crush walked by ;) so maybe he was impressed LOL. And for the record, my go to answer for can you take me is - I don't know! Who are you and what do you know? 

• Like 5

Perhaps next time the the 'can you take me' question appears, answer 'YES!' coupled with !!!Steely fierce gaze of doom!!! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Oh sweet, that'll be nice to have for the gradual increases! I always forget that you can just bring stuff to the gym, derf. I was also thinking about super hyper cutesy bag that anyone else would be embarrassed to be seen with... I'll have to check out my fabric options downstairs lol Possibly a good project for zero week... ;) 

Now you have me wanting to sew my own gym tote bag! (not that I don't have 5 sewing projects already lined up). I'm already skimming the fabric website for ideas. ;) I might post some in my thread and ask for opinions. 

• Like 1

Welp, I suppose it's time to wrap up this challenge since I've already started a thread for the next one! Last Friday was my last lift session in this challenge, lower hyper day. The whole session took nearly 3 hours including a sad attempt at both cardio and core - neither of which I was able to do much of. I had final auditions over the weekend as well as my 10th wedding anniversary, so we had a long weekend away, road tripping, geo caching for the first time, exploding kittens and hotel shenanigans. (I LOVED geocaching and def see that becoming part of a walking routine! Okay okay, Pokemon Go too...)

For the week: 

Water: Check. I increased my daily intake and it's getting more habitual. One off day while traveling. (Which probably wouldn't have hapenned if I'd washed my water bottle out better - it tasted like soap!) 

A-

Cardio: Had quite a bit of walking this week, as well as 2 piss poor circuits in the gym.

A

Iron: 4 sessions. No problem.

A

Map/Compass: This is pretty much N/A at this point.

F

Enderman: Good Stretching this week.

A-

In theory I suppose this was a good week, but honestly I'm surprised to see so many A's considering how awful I've been feeling, physically and mentally. There's no easy way to say it so I'll just say it. I've been tracking very closely the last few weeks and while it's been more and more obvious that I'm having some mental health issues flare up around eating, I'm finally realizing that it's become a bigger problem than I thought. This will take top priority in the next challenge.

But let's not dwell on the future, lets have a peak at the overall month!

Water:

B/B+/B/A-

Overall B

Digging the hydration. TBC.

Cardio:

A/B/B-/A

Overall A-

Surprised I did so much. Going to be a tender issue in the next challenge. 

Iron: 4 sessions. 

A/A/A/A

Overall A

I mean, that's why I'm here, right?

Map/Compass:

B/B-/C/F

Overall D+

It was much too overwhelming for someone at my noob level. I had it in my head that the research would teach me while I programmed but all I did was stress myself out and flail. I'll be sticking with my current program (phul) and not deviating.

Enderman:

B-/F/D/A-

Overall C

When I did it, it was great. TBC.

Diamond Mini Challenge:

This is a pass/fail situation and I went so I passed. I got a callback so that's a bonus. I'll know in a few days if I get a part. We shall see!

I wouldn't say that this challenge was a failure so to speak, but it did end in a dark place for me, and while that sounds kinda bad, it's actually pretty good, because I know what I need to work on going forward and what makes the most sense for my head. So that's always good, right? RIGHT! Things will be good. Things WILL be good. 

Js4vyL8.gif

• Like 5