• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

Redstone Crafts a Map & Builds a Well

18 hours ago, Wolverine said:

WOW. I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I started reading your thread... ;)

Me neither LOL :blink: Though I admit I've been trying to speak metric a bit more fluently! 

16 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Please tell me you own those pop tart plushies?!?!

Hahaha, nah, it's a shop in town that has the very best nerd socks and a huge variety of food oriented pushies. I'm afraid that if I start collecting I just won't stop... the grilled cheese plushie is ADORABLE! Gah, they all are. Now I'm getting myself excited about food toys...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Saphros said:

Subbing! Mostly for the challenge, partially for those awesome poptart plushies! Haha

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I haven't updated the main challenge yet, but #1 is water! So I started using plant nanny as per, and the damn thing is too cute and I've positively gorged myself on water making sure it doesn't croak. Somehow measurements and weight are still steady, but damned if I'm not hella bloated!

3r9XkQ4m.jpg

• Like 6

I haven't updated the main challenge yet, but #1 is water! So I started using plant nanny as per, and the damn thing is too cute and I've positively gorged myself on water making sure it doesn't croak. Somehow measurements and weight are still steady, but damned if I'm not hella bloated!

3r9XkQ4m.jpg

I just installed plant nanny, it's adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

3r9XkQ4m.jpg

I swear, I've nearly yelled, "I need more water! She's dying!! She has a sad! OMG! More water!!" And then there are nights I whisper to it, "I can't drink another glass of water or I'll never get any sleep for all the bathroom trips. Just hold on until morning, ok? Hold on!"

It is a seriously motivating app.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alaysia said:

I swear, I've nearly yelled, "I need more water! She's dying!! She has a sad! OMG! More water!!" And then there are nights I whisper to it, "I can't drink another glass of water or I'll never get any sleep for all the bathroom trips. Just hold on until morning, ok? Hold on!"

Wow, I had no idea the plant was so dramatic! (And adorable.) I might have to get a more up to date phone so I can download the app. I'm obsessed with regular gardening so surely a sad plant will haunt my dreams if I don't care for it?

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Wow, I had no idea the plant was so dramatic! (And adorable.) I might have to get a more up to date phone so I can download the app. I'm obsessed with regular gardening so surely a sad plant will haunt my dreams if I don't care for it?

Could be just me. I become emotional invested in my chibi-like wards. But the first time it looks at you with a sad face and a speech bubble with a water droplet in it, you will feel the need to hydrate.

• Like 1

Hey RedStone! 

Look at you go! I am so impressed with your workout program, looks pretty damn tough! And always at the end of your program you got the core. In your own words, as you keep telling me; "Cooooooooore". Message received. 

And hell yea metric is the only way to go. 

iDOzAa5.jpg?fb

The food plushies look super duper cute! I want a fruit one. 

I hope the dead-lifting is getting back to normal and you're feeling all kinds of wonderful doms. 

How's the weekend with your folks going? :D 

• Like 5

Except in mks the unit of energy is Joules and not Calories.  I looked it up and got 4.184.

Looking up the specific heat of water at 25°C, it is 4.1813 and Wikipedia shows the same number at 100°C.

Meh.  Here is Engineering Toolbox.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Laghail said:

I just installed plant nanny, it's adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Alaysia said:

16 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

16 hours ago, Steaky said:

I'm not sure I want to explore this. The wife does. This could end badly 

It's definitely been effective in getting me to drink freaking 66oz of water everyday! I'd say one of the biggest issues here is that I went from having to pee most of the time to pretty much all of the time. I blame @Saphros for introducing it! :P 

#TMI #notsorry

edAKNKrm.png?1

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

WTF is going on here?

In any case it looks fun. Following.

I'm not really sure :P Mostly feels like:

d0hUy88.gif

Possibly due to masters level trolling... er, I mean contribution :abnormal:

1 hour ago, Sam Ashen said:

Except in mks the unit of energy is Joules and not Calories.  I looked it up and got 4.184.

Looking up the specific heat of water at 25°C, it is 4.1813 and Wikipedia shows the same number at 100°C.

• Like 2

It's definitely been effective in getting me to drink freaking 66oz of water everyday! I'd say one of the biggest issues here is that I went from having to pee most of the time to pretty much all of the time. I blame @Saphros for introducing it!  

#TMI #notsorry

edAKNKrm.png?1

Sorry not sorry? Haha it is one of my favorite apps! I used to have a cactus and the mushroom guy in my garden on my old phone. They are all really adorable and im glad im not the only one obsessed lol!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Saphros said:

Sorry not sorry? Haha it is one of my favorite apps! I used to have a cactus and the mushroom guy in my garden on my old phone. They are all really adorable and im glad im not the only one obsessed lol!

Yeah, you have nothing to be sorry about ;) I think you started something kind of epic!!! :D 

2 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

As an engineer, this is all you need to know: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8160/7214525854_733237dd83_z.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/6/2016 at 2:01 PM, ~RedStone~ said:

Challenge details commence!!!

This is month two of not cutting, and with a few minor setbacks here and there I'm working towards changing my mindset about under eating and healthy body image. I've gained a few pounds (in terms of where the scale tends to average anyway) but measurements are maintaining in their average so I think I'm on a good course to continue on.

Honestly, mindset around gaining weight was the hardest thing for me.  I didn't have a scale for a while because I would just obsess over the numbers - even when I was getting leaner. It took a long time - but you can do it :) Remember the number on the scale doesn't mean shit. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, spezzy said:

Honestly, mindset around gaining weight was the hardest thing for me.  I didn't have a scale for a while because I would just obsess over the numbers - even when I was getting leaner. It took a long time - but you can do it :) Remember the number on the scale doesn't mean shit. 

Yeah, my logic is trying to win out over 20 something years of warped thinking, it'll take some time but I'm pushing through, thanks!! I did have a minor setback last week - I don't normally track everyday but did through zero week as an experiment. Nope... not gonna do that again for awhile LOL Thankfully deadlift day whispered in my ear to feed it... :P 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, valkyrja said:

Hey RedStone! 

Look at you go! I am so impressed with your workout program, looks pretty damn tough! And always at the end of your program you got the core. In your own words, as you keep telling me; "Cooooooooore". Message received. 

And hell yea metric is the only way to go. 

iDOzAa5.jpg?fb

The food plushies look super duper cute! I want a fruit one. 

I hope the dead-lifting is getting back to normal and you're feeling all kinds of wonderful doms. 

How's the weekend with your folks going? :D 

LOL I don't know how I missed this one! Yeah things are good, last week was methodical and going forward I'll be adding as per the norm :) Always lovely to see the folks, but also a relief to have a quiet house at the end of a long weekend lol

• Like 3

Alrighty! Got in some lovely sun salutations first thing rolling out of bed this morning. It's a quick practice but I forgot how much I like it. Didn't get 8 hours, so had some breakfast and portioned out an overnight slow cooker batch cook. Heading to the gym soon, swinging by the mall... (sundress season??? :abnormal:) and then working up in New Paltz tonight. Been a few weeks since I worked and I have a full schedule this week so kind of looking forward to it!!

Happy week 1 lovelies!

• Like 8