Redstone Crafts a Map & Builds a Well

RedStone

It's Log o'clock! Had some bad plate maths again and almost failed my big squat. I was able to get back up, but my back wasn't neutral. Fail? Kind of, sort of.

Got some questions for ya'll about this accessory business... I'm doing reps of 15. The last 5 are hard. If I only do 10 I think I can up the weight faster. What's better? Why? How? Who? Huh?? 0_0 Gah. Ok.

~Squats~

1X5 45#

1X5 95#

1X5 115#

1X5 145# (Almost maybe F on 5)

1X5 135#

5X5 115#

~Front Squats~

1X10 35#

2X10 45#

~Seconds~

3X15 Reverse Fly 5#DBs

3X15 Shoulder Press 10#DBs

3X15 Front Raises 5#DBs

3X15 Hip Abductions 7.5Kg Cable

20X Front Lunges 10#DBs

20X Back Lunges 10#DBs

20X Curtsey Lunges 10#DBs

3X* Farmers Carry 25#plates

~3X Core Circuit~

50X Hundreds

10X Leg Levers

30 sec Full Plank

15X TRX AntiRotations Extra Deep

_____

*I counted my steps for a single lap on farmers carries to see how far I'm going. The path is 103 of my steps around the weight room. At home it takes me 8 steps at the same gait and pace to go 175.5" with my limited math I got 188'ish... This would be a great time for my sparkling engineers to work their magic and confirm or correct!! ;) Nudge nudge :D 

_____

This is going to be a full week. Friday - Sunday I'm out of town, so chest on Weds and back Thursday, with a hike for tomorrow. In the spirit of not overdoing it, cardio this week will be the hike and then a circuit on Thursday. (Saying it out loud so I can't bail...)

Waters looking good, did some split stretched for flexibility today and dislocates cause I always do them and otherwise just doing the stuff! Speaking of which, those dishes are taunting me. Better deal with them, the jerks.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Steaky said:

Just saw this and thought of you 

13332869_1047609308626445_80018395975931 

Can I? Pleeease???

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

*I counted my steps for a single lap on farmers carries to see how far I'm going. The path is 103 of my steps around the weight room. At home it takes me 8 steps at the same gait and pace to go 175.5" with my limited math I got 188'ish... This would be a great time for my sparkling engineers to work their magic and confirm or correct!! ;) Nudge nudge :D 

Confirmed.  188' 3 9/16".

• Like 6

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

35 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Can I join? :D 

Let's do this.

34 minutes ago, Steaky said:

Knew you'd like the idea of taco & tequila for the rest of your life. 

Those se dishes are total jerks, always taunting me too. 

Why hey are you not a ranger, with all your warrior blasphemy of cardio & hiking? 

Blarg, and today was definitely one of those days too!

LOL I do love my hiking. I think I probably have a bit of ranger in me, assassin too!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Grymm said:

HUZZAH! I did maths :) 

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

HUZZAH! I did maths :) 

Gratz! :)

39 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Question:  What do you use to measure something that length to the nearest 1/16"?  (1 or 2 mm - Take your pick! :lol: )

57,4 meters in your language. :)

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

3 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Question:  What do you use to measure something that length to the nearest 1/16"?  (1 or 2 mm - Take your pick! :lol: )

Generally speaking in my industry, I'm the engineer.  It's like being the wizard of oz.  I do the all powerful maths.  Therefore, anything I say is accurate and precise.  I can use sixteenths.

The field has tape measures.  Over that distance, they aren't going to measure anything accurately without a reference unit.  Elevator rails are 192" +/- .010" in length so at 188'+, you're still looking at maybe 1" accuracy without taking skew into account.  However, they are dealing with concrete guys who can't hold 1/2" between adjacent floors.

The morale of the story is never mind that man behind the curtain. 

• Like 5

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

To answer your accessory question:

It probably doesn't matter that much, do whatever you like.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

4 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Got some questions for ya'll about this accessory business... I'm doing reps of 15. The last 5 are hard. If I only do 10 I think I can up the weight faster. What's better? Why? How? Who? Huh?? 0_0 Gah. Ok.

I up the weight if I complete 90% of the prescribed reps... no matter how they're spread.  So 15 / 15 / 15 / 15 / 10 = 93% = Raise Weight

• Like 1

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

6 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Huh.  Everything?  Or just accessories?

Depends. Right now... just accessories. I'm recovering from a bunch of injuries and am playing it safe. Usually... everything. Or if I'm working in a range, as long as I land somewhere in the range, I up the weight. e.g. 12-15 rep range and I hit 14/14/13/12... I up the weight.  15/14/13/11 I don't.

• Like 1

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

22 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

To answer your accessory question:

It probably doesn't matter that much, do whatever you like.

Oh you're the best!!! <3

21 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Also, do what you don't like to do, those are usually your weak points. ;) 

Much Kung Fu!

20 hours ago, Wolverine said:

I up the weight if I complete 90% of the prescribed reps... no matter how they're spread.  So 15 / 15 / 15 / 15 / 10 = 93% = Raise Weight

That actually kind of makes sense! Maybe there's some hope for me in the long run. To be considered, thanks!!

• Like 1

Took a much needed hike with a girlfriend and cleared my head out for the first time in a long time. Still struggling to get all the stuff done, and even organize in my head what all the stuff is. Life stuff has kind of been a mess lately... I've been feeling like there's a tornado in my skull and I can't seem to get anything straight... I'd be more specific, but if I could I probably wouldn't be having this problem.

Continued apologies for not making the rounds as much as I'd like. Hopefully things will calm down a bit after this weekend.

Speaking of calm, my towns reservoir where we hiked to, and one of my favorite spots on the white trail there:

oSS0j6Dl.jpg

SGTqi3gl.jpg

• Like 11
4 minutes ago, Steaky said:

There is always hope for you. 

And that place looks amazing! I'd love to hike there. 

Just say when! I'm more or less in the Catskills = endless hiking and winery/distillery/brewery tours

Home sweet home:

uh2o8rWl.jpg?1

• Like 7
44 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

These pictures reminded me how much I like hiking (when I'm close to nature)!

Looks like an awesome place!

It's a lovely trail, I can't believe today was my first time out this season!! Forgot how much being in the woods centers me...

9 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Did somebody say winery? 

More like 40 million! (All the little green squares) We'll do a lifty meetup by you and a drinky meetup by me ;) 

P6ftNM2.jpg

• Like 7

So much beautiful nature! *swoon*

Gah! A lifting and winery meet up would be a dream come true. Maybe we hike and drink one day and lift and hike the next day and then alternate like that... Probably too much hangover though... 

I really love hiking and I'm barely getting into it. When I switch programs I'm definitely going down to lifting 3x week so I can do more outdoorsy stuff. Currently I feel like I constantly need to rest up for more lifting. 

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }