Redstone Crafts a Map & Builds a Well

RedStone

45 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

So much beautiful nature! *swoon*

Gah! A lifting and winery meet up would be a dream come true. Maybe we hike and drink one day and lift and hike the next day and then alternate like that... Probably too much hangover though... 

I really love hiking and I'm barely getting into it. When I switch programs I'm definitely going down to lifting 3x week so I can do more outdoorsy stuff. Currently I feel like I constantly need to rest up for more lifting. 

I think it would work better if its lift & hike first day, then hike & wine in the second. Just a thought 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

So much beautiful nature! *swoon*

Gah! A lifting and winery meet up would be a dream come true. Maybe we hike and drink one day and lift and hike the next day and then alternate like that... Probably too much hangover though... 

I really love hiking and I'm barely getting into it. When I switch programs I'm definitely going down to lifting 3x week so I can do more outdoorsy stuff. Currently I feel like I constantly need to rest up for more lifting. 

YES!!! We can make it work... I'll test the hangover-on-chest-day theory in aaaaaabout an hour ;) 

I feel kind of silly that I haven't been out on the trails at all this year, and it's only because my hiking buddy lit a fire under me! Best part? No freakin cardio today :D:D:D 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Lifting and Wine!  Two great things that go great together. 

You know, like this:

2aefc3c6933284e51ffe160fe665cc06.jpg

OH. MY. GLOB.

11 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

So, I'd love to do more hiking. Since I'll be nearish you, we should totally do a meetup :) That includes breweries perhaps?

Those pictures were GORGEOUS.

I'll do wineries, but they aren't my favorite.

LOTS of breweries!!! There's even a new one opening up soon- stumbling distance from the mountain! So that's two in town alone...

• Like 2

Drink and hike is the best.

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

23 minutes ago, Grymm said:

I vote breweries!

Done and done. We're on like some kind of large barrel throwing monkey.

5 minutes ago, raptron said:

Drink and hike is the best.

The man's family does it best, screwdrivers on route to the trails, ruks full of beer for the summits...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, elvenengineer said:

So, I'd love to do more hiking. Since I'll be nearish you, we should totally do a meetup :) That includes breweries perhaps?

Those pictures were GORGEOUS.

I'll do wineries, but they aren't my favorite.

Yes, please, breweries are where it's at. Esp if they have more than IPAs, which I detest. Stouts & browns. mmmmm. 

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Bench day! And wow, I'm hungover. I'd like to, but I don't think I can blame my failed PR attempt on that though. Honestly tho, considering I feel like poo it didn't go that bad really. Got some chicken fingers and a few mozz sticks after... lil comfort food to ease the wine belly.

Lots of new stuff mixed in, I guess I'll highlight stuff that's feeding the spreadsheet

~Bench~

1X5 45#

1X5 65#

1X1 85# F (Good thing I asked some bro for a spot... I got it back up pretty much on my own but it was a no go)

5X5 75# (Very educational today, good bracing stuff going on)

5X5 55#

~Seconds~

1X10/2X8 Dips with 30# assist 

1X12 DB Fly 5#

2X12 DB Fly 10#

1X12 DB Press 10#

2X12 DB Press 15#

3X12 DB Kickbacks 15#

3X8 Pushups

~Core~

3X12 Seated BB twist, 20#/30#/40# 

3X12 Flat Bench Leg Raise

2X12/1X15 Bench Leg Pull In

3X30 Air Bike Twists

3X8 Hanging Knee Crunch

(Also did a series of new Delt raises for mobility prior and good shoulder stretches post.)

Been getting my water and the little plant bugger is adorable and still alive. I still feel hella bloated, measuring off at 32" and weighing in at 107# the last few days. Also singing a prelude to shark week so that may have something to do with it as well. Gonna be patient and give it time, see what happens. 

jLQP41Um.png?1

Also, think I cut myself a bit short yesterday. My first hike since maybe November, and it was much easier than I remember from before. It's still hiking and there were plenty of heart pounding climbs, but all in all I had a lot more stamina and didn't have to stop for water or recovery nearly as often. Feeling like I can tackle harder trails in less time now, so, I'll take that as a woot! :D 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

jLQP41Um.png?1

The plant wins the day again! So cute.

Great that you are doing good too. :P

• Like 3

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Well, it sure does make a difference working out without a hangover :P Today was much better and after this 4X marathon no more proper sessions until Monday, so lots of rest and protein. Managed to get a form check on the PR (!) thanks to a helpful bro that had nice things to say. Video's below - looks like I'm struggling to keep a neutral back. Any other thoughts? Also gearing up to mix in with a belt.

~Deadlift~

1X5 125# OVH

1X5 145# MIX

1X5 165# MIX

3X1 185# STR PR

1X3 135# OVH

3X5 135# MIX

~Bent Rows~

1X7 45# (tingle on forearm)

2X8 45#

~Reverse Grip Rows~

1X12 45#

2X12 55#

3X12 Good Mornings 45#

3X8 Wide Grip BB Curls 30#

1X12 DB Curls 10# F on 7

2X12 DB Curls 5#

1X12 DB Curls 8# (Didn't know we had these! Score!)

3X12 BW Hyper Extensions

~3X Circuit~

5X Squat Jumps

5X Plyo Jumos

5X Hanging Crunches

5X Burpee and pushup and jump

30X Mountain Climber

(I know it's not zero week, but this tank has officially made it into the rotation. And I kind of love that you can see me thanking the bro afterwards. Ever so polite :P )

• Like 5
1 minute ago, ~RedStone~ said:

PR

RAWR!

On video, that looked easy!

• Like 3

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

5 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

RAWR!

On video, that looked easy!

LOL I'll let you know when it's my de-load ;) I'm coming for you 215#!!

(meow!)

PMVnlz4.gif

• Like 2

Definitely looks like the back flattens out a bit, but on a PR, form is not going to be perfect.

Question - How often do you squat versus deadlift?  You're deadlifting 185 but rowing 45#.  Those two exercises are not deeply related, but bent over rows and deadlift have similar bases.  You obviously have great hip extensor strength.  Using wraps mean grip strength isn't limiting.  You might just need to improve your lower back strength to unleash even bigger deadlifts.

• Like 2

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

1 minute ago, Grymm said:

Definitely looks like the back flattens out a bit, but on a PR, form is not going to be perfect.

Question - How often do you squat versus deadlift?  You're deadlifting 185 but rowing 45#.  Those two exercises are not deeply related, but bent over rows and deadlift have similar bases.  You obviously have great hip extensor strength.  Using wraps mean grip strength isn't limiting.  You might just need to improve your lower back strength to unleash even bigger deadlifts.

Hmm, well, when I started with SL in March I was doing squats every lifting day (3X per week) and deadlifts either once or twice per week as per the program (same with BOR). Now I'm doing each 1X per week, though BW and goblet squats make their way into my regular circuits also.

The rows are pretty light, and feel pretty light, but TBH, I kinda dropped them out of my routine for a good while, for about 4 - 6 weeks until just last week. Also, I was totally doing them wrong from the start apparently, so I guess I've been taking them pretty light to feel out the mistakes from before. I'm also kind of treating them as accessories, but maybe that's a mistake...

Def need more back and core strength for pretty much everything! I can feel one take over when the other won't activate. I'm not sure which is worse, but I've had a rash of injuries in the upper back/shoulder area that seem to get cranky when I do simple things like basic crunches. I dunno, does that make sense at all? Am I wanting to do more back accessories then?

Thanks for the feedback!

BOOM! nice PR! 

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

16 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

I dunno, does that make sense at all? Am I wanting to do more back accessories then?

Hmm, I'm just kicking around ideas.  The weight goes up quick, so I think you can lift more.  However, your back flattens out so maybe more isn't a great idea.  Have you tried a belt?  At your height, a 4" belt is probably going to be too tall.  You want the belt to fit between the top of your hips and the bottom of your ribs.  That could help you contract your core harder.  The muscles act in isometric contraction, so getting some work in that uses that would help.  Squats specifically, presses and rows somewhat.  You could do variations of the deadlift.  Some of the accomplished deadlifters can give you pointers.

• Like 1

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5