Redstone Crafts a Map & Builds a Well

RedStone

2 hours ago, Grymm said:

Hmm, I'm just kicking around ideas.  The weight goes up quick, so I think you can lift more.  However, your back flattens out so maybe more isn't a great idea.  Have you tried a belt?  At your height, a 4" belt is probably going to be too tall.  You want the belt to fit between the top of your hips and the bottom of your ribs.  That could help you contract your core harder.  The muscles act in isometric contraction, so getting some work in that uses that would help.  Squats specifically, presses and rows somewhat.  You could do variations of the deadlift.  Some of the accomplished deadlifters can give you pointers.

Wait, I thought my back was supposed to be flat-ish in a neutral state! No? Lol that's totally what I've been going for... I was more worried that I was rounding a bit.

Belt is next on the list!

I totally fall into that lower body strength camp. (Cause Female? Gymnastics and martial arts? IDK). My curls are should be embarrassing, and my back work, well, needs work lol. Accessories are so super super new, less than a month for sure. Everything needs work lol :P But I'm willing!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

So that was NOT the image that I wanted to upload, but I can't take it out, sorry!!!!!

Fixed! :redface-new:

Deadlift PR.  Rawr!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA But it's awesome. rawr!

25 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Wait, I thought my back was supposed to be flat-ish in a neutral state! No? Lol that's totally what I've been going for... I was more worried that I was rounding a bit.

Pretty sure you should have some arch to your lower back (lumbar extension).  Mechanically, that gives your extensors some mechanical advantage.  When I said flat, I mean literally flat - even the natural arch is gone which means you've started rounding.  Given that the spine is on the inside of your body, I can't really say if your spine is dead straight or starting to round forward, but you said it was starting to round in your post.

• Like 2

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

Hmm.  Maybe I can check out one of my old DL videos to see how much my back rounds out for a big pull.

I believe I start with the spine neutral and not extended.  When the weight gets heavy, then it should round out a little bit.  But I have not looked at it closely in some time.

EDIT:  Found it!  And heck, ya!  My back rounds out for that one!

• Like 3

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

12 hours ago, Grymm said:

Pretty sure you should have some arch to your lower back (lumbar extension).  Mechanically, that gives your extensors some mechanical advantage.  When I said flat, I mean literally flat - even the natural arch is gone which means you've started rounding.  Given that the spine is on the inside of your body, I can't really say if your spine is dead straight or starting to round forward, but you said it was starting to round in your post.

12 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Belt is next on the list!

I totally fall into that lower body strength camp. (Cause Female? Gymnastics and martial arts? IDK). My curls are should be embarrassing, and my back work, well, needs work lol. Accessories are so super super new, less than a month for sure. Everything needs work lol :P But I'm willing!!!

grymm means that the rounding should be concave (natural lower back arch), you're thinking about it right redstone!

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

1 tiny piece of advice is start closer to the bar. You can see at the beginning of that video as soon as it leaves the floor it comes in to your body about an inch or so.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Alrighty, Week 2 commences, and life already feels a bit more normal, finally.

Week one recap.

So, Week 1 was a little tumultuous in the personal life department. For some reason this last weekend trip really threw me for a loop, but it ended up being great and I'm feeling fairly grounded in the light of a new week. One of the things that came up unexpectedly last week was a restructuring at my job that caused some of the artists to quit on the spot. I don't have a good fall back at the moment, and it's clear that I need to find something else, so the search begins! Fortunately, I have some good renewed energy for going forward in the adulting and such. Looking forward to week 2 for getting my shit together.

OK.

Water: Did quite well on this right up until Friday when I went down to the city. There was some consumption throughout the weekend, but I killed my second plant it seems. (First one grew up and made it to the garden!) We'll see if it perks back up when I start drinking more today or if I have to start another. B

Cardio: Went hiking, did a circuit, and I'll give myself some credit for the weekend activity. Full marks. A

Iron: 3 for 3. Little tough doing Bench and DL back to back but other than some ongoing DOMS all is well. A

Map: Got lots of new stuff on the map, tried a bunch of new stuff. Not sure if I fulfilled the every single thing category. I'll take a B

Enderman/flexibility: There's been some stuff, but not a tremendous cry further than what I've already bee doing. Thinking about hitting the ballet barre this week. I'll take a B-

Diamond/life: Been reading the play and it's funnier than I thought, in a 1950s kind of way... also been coming up with reasons to not go to the audition... terribly lame reasons like the lack of parking by the theater. Gonna do it anyway... do it. DO EEEET. Pass

Yeah, so... sorry little dude. We'll do better this week :P 

RAABeg6m.png?1

• Like 6
On 6/17/2016 at 6:00 PM, miss_marissa said:

1 tiny piece of advice is start closer to the bar. You can see at the beginning of that video as soon as it leaves the floor it comes in to your body about an inch or so.

Do you mean like... my torso should be lower? Or like... the bar should be closer on the floor to my feet? Or both? Thanks! Always love getting tips :D 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Do you mean like... my torso should be lower? Or like... the bar should be closer on the floor to my feet? Or both? Thanks! Always love getting tips :D 

Pretty sure she means shins closer to the bar because when you lift it, it swings toward you.  Your shoulders should actually be in front of the bar a little (bar roughly at the top of your arm pits).  This means your arms won't be purely vertical to start, but your lats should keep it in. 

Deadlift-Form-Starting-Position.jpg

• Like 5

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

19 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Yeah, so... sorry little dude. We'll do better this week :P 

RAABeg6m.png?1

Let's revive it! :D Hang in there, little dude! We're coming! I'll add some of my water too if it helps!

(If I had the app, I'd have killed a plant during the weekend. I barely remember to drink any water when I'm at home. At work it's always next to me so I see it and drink a lot of it.)

• Like 3

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

2 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Let's revive it! :D Hang in there, little dude! We're coming! I'll add some of my water too if it helps!

(If I had the app, I'd have killed a plant during the weekend. I barely remember to drink any water when I'm at home. At work it's always next to me so I see it and drink a lot of it.)

LOL, I apparently can bring it back to life, but now it's sad and sickly. Trying not to overload to try and bring it all the way back... Hang in there little dude!!!

I have to admit, I lowered my required intake this morning. I feel so much less bloated (and other stomach discomfort) after this weekend, so I'm experimenting with different quantities to see how I react. Might need to build up to the full 2 liters...

MvQ0u8Fm.png?1

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

LOL, I apparently can bring it back to life

Yay!

I have to admit, I lowered my required intake this morning. I feel so much less bloated (and other stomach discomfort) after this weekend, so I'm experimenting with different quantities to see how I react. Might need to build up to the full 2 liters...

I've found that, for me, gradual changes work better. Sudden changes in water intake can give me huge bloats and a lot of discomfort (as can drinking a lot of water in a very small time period).

MvQ0u8Fm.png?1

It looks better! :D 

• Like 1

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

8 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Can you over-water the plant?  I just figured out that the pitcher I use at home is 1gal, not 3 quarts.  That means I drink even more than I thought.  I need a lot of water.  I drank ~1.5 gal yesterday and woke up thirsty.

LOL that's a LOT of water! Dayum! I'm not sure if you can over water it, I'm guessing no?

3 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I've found that, for me, gradual changes work better. Sudden changes in water intake can give me huge bloats and a lot of discomfort (as can drinking a lot of water in a very small time period).

Yeah I was feeling kinda crappy. Probably a better idea to keep it slower!

47 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

43 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Pretty sure she means shins closer to the bar because when you lift it, it swings toward you.  Your shoulders should actually be in front of the bar a little (bar roughly at the top of your arm pits).  This means your arms won't be purely vertical to start, but your lats should keep it in. 

Deadlift-Form-Starting-Position.jpg

What he said :)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

2 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

RAABeg6m.png?1

It's dead! :o

Wait a minute ... ... ...

2 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

MvQ0u8Fm.png?1

It's alive! Yay! :):P

• Like 5

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Squat Day! Nothing remarkable to report. Kind of low energy, but finished strong on the squats. I also have to admit that I've taken to playing with clean and presses between sets so I'm guessing that's gonna be something I'll end up pursuing down the road. Today was a pretty big fail on the - be a well rounded lifter - front, with minimal core and no cardio or stretching. Just a bit of mobility in the warm up. Not gonna beat myself up over that, I'm still recovering from the weekend and last week's workouts which were pretty non stop. Looking to get a solid night's sleep and see how things fall in the morning!

~Squats~

2X5 45#

1X5 95#

1X5 115#

1X5 125#

5X5 135#

~3X5 Front Squats 45#~

~2X Lunge Circuit 15#DBs~

16 Front

16 Back

16 Curtsey

3X10 Reverse Fly 5#DBs

3X12 Shoulder Press 10#DBs

3X8 Straight Lat Pulldown 40#

~Core~

3X12 BB Twist 40#

3X8 Bench Leg Raise ~supersetted with~ Bench Leg Pulls

• Like 6

i saw the plant and i thought "Plants vs Zombies" is that still installed on my tablet somewhere.....

Deadlift advices are good, You know what they say, "keep your friends close and your bar closer". 

• Like 6

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger