Redstone Crafts a Map & Builds a Well

RedStone

20 hours ago, Wolverine said:

PHUL was one of my finalists!  Looking forward to seeing how you like it. :)

I'll let you know! What drew you to the Schoenfeld program? Just out of curiosity

16 hours ago, ixaera said:

Such a beast! wow!

Thank you!! :D 

So, traded lower power day for 1rm testing for the NF comp. It was a weird experience, I felt like I didn't do much working out, except that I was all sorts of tired and hungry after :P Also I felt sort of... on guard in general, and felt myself being annoyed with the bro working at the squat rack in front of my deadlifts, as tho he were intentionally trying to distract me lol.

Lots of stretching after, and my right quad in particular was really hurting so a bit of ice and rest, and rest day again tomorrow before starting the hypertrophy section of the program for the first time. 

Little nervous about using the machines (or rather, not knowing how to), but willing to suck it up and ask people around me for help. They're pretty nice about it in general so not the end of the world. Also officially brode a bro that I see all the time who spotted me for my failed bench attempt. final numbers were, in pounds: S/B/D - 155/85/185. Really only maxed on squats which was a PR, and I guess kinda DL since it was mix without straps. Looking forward to seeing what this all means in 6 months! :P 

(Dug this old drawing out to show someone, seems to be the theme of the week - @Alaysia this is what I was trying to get at the other day... stupid cheesy memes not living up to personal expectations!!!)

EVPEgURl.jpg?1

• Like 11

Rest day and I have an outing planned with the bestie, we live about 90 minutes apart and there's a big outlet village halfway between us. Going to walk around all day, get lunch, and maybe finally get some clothes that fit (I still haven't gotten much post weight loss!) Truly though, seems more likely I'll be looking for more workout gear and maybe a new gym bag, the one I've been using is literally coming apart of the seams.

Oh hey yo! Forgot to mention that I got a call back from the theater yesterday! I have a week and a half to run more lines before I read again :D There's a small chance I'll want to do a quick cut a few days leading up to it, though I have to say I'm getting more comfortable with the weight gain thing. I'm now averaging between 107 - 110#, but staying at around 31-31.5" (For reference, before I started lifting in March, I was at 104 - 108# and 33.5") Current maintenance according to IIFYM is 1982cal (!) which I'm slowly working towards, at a rough breakdown of 270Carb/100Pr/50fat

qA7Udlzm.jpg?1

• Like 9
On 6/29/2016 at 5:00 PM, ~RedStone~ said:

So, traded lower power day for 1rm testing for the NF comp.They're pretty nice about it in general so not the end of the world. Also officially brode a bro that I see all the time who spotted me for my failed bench attempt. final numbers were, in pounds: S/B/D - 155/85/185.

ROCK ON, GIRL!

• Like 1

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

Upper Hypertrophy day, marred by the seeming reality that I've lost my new belt and straps. Looks like I left them outside the weight room on Wednesday, and all that's left is my chalk bag - which had been tethered to a bag of candy with a carabiner, but alas, the candy is gone as well. I can make due for a bit, figure I'll double check around the house, you all know how things turn up. Anyways, here's today's breakdown:

~Incline Bench~

8/45#   8/45#   8X45#   10/45#

~Flat Bench DB Flye~

12/10#   10/12.5#   12/12.25#   12/15#

~Seated Cable Row~

12/40#   12/60#   10/60#   12/60#

~1 Arm DB Row~

12/15#   12/15#   12/20#   12/20#

~DB Lat Raise~

12/5#   12/5#   12/5#   12/5#   

~Incline DB Curl~

12/5#   12/5#   12/8#   12/8#

~Cable Tri Ext~

12/12.5kg   12/17.5kg   12/17.5kg   12/17.5kg   

~3X Circuit~

10 Plyo Jumps

5 Hanging crunch combo

10 Jump Squats

~Farmers Carry 188'~

1/25# 

2/35#

So that was that. Wasn't happy throughout, just bummed about the stuff even tho it's truly not such a big deal. Here's my mad-at-myself face:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Grymm said:

That sucks if your stuff is gone.  Here's hoping you're like me and just put things in safe places, places too safe for even you to know about.

Every freakin time. Why are we so good at keeping things safe?? :P 

5 minutes ago, M_J said:

Hello chat person! Sorry about the lost stuff.

Oh Hai! (o_o)/ 

Kind of dreading going in for lower hypertrophy today, lots of calf work and my calves are so sore and tight! Why are my calves hurting? Yesterday was upper, the day before was rest. The only things I can think of are maybe the box jumps and squat jumps? Lots of jumping... maybe that needs to be done on lower days instead if I'm gonna do those kinds of circuits. Herm. 

Timing last week and this are kind of a wash anyway for the new program, I don't think I'll be able to make it in on Monday or next Saturday so I'll have to sacrifice another day. Once the holidays/anniversary etc is over I don't think it'll be an issue but I'm kind of amazed at how complicated the schedule gets when I added just 1 more day! 

Guess I'm gonna go and do the stuff, and try not to overdo the calves if they're really super tight from all that jumping. 

MEIYN5q.gif

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, ~RedStone~ said:

MEIYN5q.gif

I cannot stop laughing when watching this one! :D:D:D:D:D:lol:

• Like 4

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

3 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

I cannot stop laughing when watching this one! :D:D:D:D:D:lol:

Leg day, amiright?

• Like 3

Well I better get this down before I eat too many Jello shots and forget. Yesterday was chill, rest day with some walking down into town to meet friends and watch fireworks, a bit of a hike to get back. Today should have been upper power day, but I slept through the gym's open hours for the holiday and blew my chance at that so I had to make do with some stuff at home:

100 pushups 10 sets of 10

TRX Superflyes 4 sets of 8

TRX Chest press 4 sets of 10

TRX Rows 4 sets of 12

TRX Power pulls 2 sets of 8, 2 sets of 10

Skull Crush 15# KB 3 sets of 10

KB curls 10# 3 sets of 10

Not ideal, but I knew the first few weeks of this program were going to be off kilter. After this week the schedule should be normal again.

So far as week 3 review goes, here's where we stand, tho I can already see that this challenge has kind of switched gears. No bigs, more stuff to look at next month!

Water: Pretty good. Shy by a few ounces on a few occasions. B

Cardio: Pretty good, in general I was a bit tired last week and tho I did cardio, it was a challenge and low energy. B-

Iron: All good A

Map: This is starting to really change. Yes, I'm learning lots of new stuff, but it's not the grand database I had in mind 3 weeks ago. C

Enderman: Needs massive work. Last week I was so sore from not stretching. Thinking about breaking out more barre work this coming week D

One thing that hapenned this week was maybe a switch on attitude towards calorie intake, for the positive. Going to continue working some stuff out and see!

I'm taking a B- for the week. Also, lots of naps. I need all the naps...

PzTsQzM.gif

Meanwhile, happy merca day to all those invested!!

g6p96kt.gif

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Meanwhile, happy merca day to all those invested!!

Invested?  Heck!  Ya!!!!!

warren-buffett-warren-buffett-its-never-

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

21 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

Worst frog ever.

^THIS. All my life this. :P 

Yesterday involved all sorts of things that are hapenning, replaced my belt and straps - I got some cheap unpadded ones that are so much less cumbersome than the padded ones, score! Used them both yesterday and all seemed well. I ripped through some calluses on DLs and didn't think I was going to be able to do the hanging set but I pulled through! And the hands (and back) aren't feeling terrible today, so I'll take it!

~Squats~

2X5 45#

1X5 95#

1X5 115#

4X5 135#

~Deadlift~

2X5 115# OH

1X5 135# OH

1X2 145# (Grip F on3)

1X3 145# MX

1X3 155# MX

2X3 165# MX

2X3 165# STR

LegPress: 3X15 87# - 1X15 107# - 1X15 137#

Leg Curl: 1X10 15# - 1X8 35# - 1X9 35# - 1X8 35#

Calf Raise Machine Dealie: 2X10 10# - 2X10 20#

Box Jumps: 5X10

Hanging Crunches 5X10

Hanging Side Crunches 5X10

Today is rest day and I have housework and chores and maybe a walk down into town this afternoon :D In other life news, I'm getting more serious about hitting my macros, adjusting more or less for on and off days, and taking a better attitude towards tracking.

I think the issue I have with it, is that every time I see the numbers decrease - you have 1500 calories left, now you have 1200, now you have 900... it feels like something is being taken away from me, like I'm loosing, and I feel inclined to want to keep that number as high as possible so I shut down and basically give up on eating. I know it's not going to go away over night, but I finally found a decent visual to try and replace it with. Instead of seeing the number decrease, I'm going to try to look at the macros that are increasing, and think of them as something good that I'm collecting, like coins in Mario! So instead of loosing something... I'm getting something awesome! Hopefully that will help, and I got a whole bunch of protein to help hit that one pesky rat of a macro that I never seem to make before I run out, er, I mean collect, all my calories. Cookies and cream aint so bad! 

LJsmenr.gif

• Like 4

It totally sucks to lose your equipment. I'm paranoid about losing my belt and my SO made it, I didn't even have to pay for it. (Well he did pay for the leather.) I'm probably going to have him stamp my info on the inside. I'm glad you were able to replace everything so quickly, but it still definitely sucks! 

I like your idea of trying to collect macros, that is a much healthier train of thought. You can do it, collect them all! :D 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It totally sucks to lose your equipment. I'm paranoid about losing my belt and my SO made it, I didn't even have to pay for it. (Well he did pay for the leather.) I'm probably going to have him stamp my info on the inside. I'm glad you were able to replace everything so quickly, but it still definitely sucks! 

I like your idea of trying to collect macros, that is a much healthier train of thought. You can do it, collect them all! :D 

Yeah, I would be MUCH more upset if it was a special belt like yours!!! Tho my guess is I would be less likely to leave it behind too... My belt was super cheap from walmart and used once lol. Not too bad, just irritating that I had to go back and kind of bummed that someone swiped them... my bet is on a kid, some tweener experimenting with being bad :P Plan is to make a mini duffel with my ish to carry around the gym - my big duffel is too big, has shower stuff in it, and needs more organization anyway. Duffel in a duffel! Why not indeed :D 

I just ordered fractional plates, so I'll be joining the "duffel around the gym" crew shortly. I also considered ordering clamps, but I figured it was probably cheaper just to pick some up from a local store. My gym has clamps but there are sometimes not enough to go around. 

Maybe get a unique duffel bag so that if someone else had it besides yourself the gym crew would know it was stolen? 

• Like 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }