• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, jcsimmons said:

question can the learn something (since it already includes podcasts) be time spent reading a book/listening to an audio book?

 

As long as it is non-fiction you can count it.

 

37 minutes ago, jcsimmons said:

 

 

Also, do beans count as freggies? If so do different types count separately or together (black, pinto, chilli, etc..)?

With the freggie portions they did count, so I'll say let them count now too. And count the different types.

Do the other doodlies agree with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jcsimmons said:

question can the learn something (since it already includes podcasts) be time spent reading a book/listening to an audio book?

 

Also, do beans count as freggies? If so do different types count separately or together (black, pinto, chilli, etc..)?

 

It can count as learning as long as it is non fiction. If it is fiction, it doesn't count. 

 

Beans do count as freggies but it has to be at least 80g of a single type to count. So if you had 80g of black beans and 80g of kidney beans, you can count that as two. If you got 80g of a mixture (eg 40g of one and 40g of another) it counts as mixed beans. Each team can use each type of freggie once per week so if you made a chilli with all those beans and ate it three times, you can only count them once as a team, then noone else can use those beans as part of their freggies count.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, deftona said:

 

It can count as learning as long as it is non fiction. If it is fiction, it doesn't count. 

 

Beans do count as freggies but it has to be at least 80g of a single type to count. So if you had 80g of black beans and 80g of kidney beans, you can count that as two. If you got 80g of a mixture (eg 40g of one and 40g of another) it counts as mixed beans. Each team can use each type of freggie once per week so if you made a chilli with all those beans and ate it three times, you can only count them once as a team, then noone else can use those beans as part of their freggies count.

 

ok thanks for clearing it up. Due to the wife's suggestion the other day I just so happen to have cooked my chili (or stew for some) this past weekend not even thinking about the pvp freggie things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please confirm - can we count these as different - yellow onions, pearl onions, green onions, etc?

 

Also, per the diagram, we can place our ships diagonally?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jmk said:

Please confirm - can we count these as different - yellow onions, pearl onions, green onions, etc?

 

Also, per the diagram, we can place our ships diagonally?

Yes on both counts!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jmk said:

Please confirm - can we count these as different - yellow onions, pearl onions, green onions, etc?

 

Yep, as long as there is a notable difference between the different types you're counting then yes. Those onions are all different, although they are part of the same family. The idea is to get a wide range of nutrients in your freggies, so thinking about this with another example, red and green apples are both very different, but there is not much difference between a golden delicious apple and a granny smith apple regarding the nutritional profile so I think 'green apple' and 'red apple' can be counted as two distinct things. In the same vein, red, green and yellow bell peppers are different as they have different nutrients. Water melon and honeydew melon are different, blood oranges and navel oranges are different yet there is very little difference between types of avocado (eg Haas and california avocados) so I think these should just count as one. 

 

Does everyone agree?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Do we get to take shots as we earn the points or do we take all the shots at the end of the week?

 

I think the idea was to take all our shots at the end of the week although I can see it might be fun to do them as we get them, then the first team to sink ALL the battleships win and it will be less likely to be draw than if we left it until the end of the week.

 

What do we think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deftona said:

 

I think the idea was to take all our shots at the end of the week although I can see it might be fun to do them as we get them, then the first team to sink ALL the battleships win and it will be less likely to be draw than if we left it until the end of the week.

 

What do we think?

 

I kind of like the idea of the excitement of taking the shots as soon as we have the opportunity.  It will also provide some instant gratification for the goals we are tracking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Do we get to take shots as we earn the points or do we take all the shots at the end of the week?

It would be more fun. But with the time differences it would be difficult to do this. That's why I thought once a week would be easier. But now I'm in doubt again :P 

What do the waffles say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terah said:

It would be more fun. But with the time differences it would be difficult to do this. That's why I thought once a week would be easier. But now I'm in doubt again :P 

 

The time difference does make things a little more difficult. Not impossible, but definitely more difficult. 

 

We could do it so we can report hits at the end of each day (if you have any) and in the unlikely event both teams finish sinking all battleships on the same day, it can be a draw?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deftona said:

 

The time difference does make things a little more difficult. Not impossible, but definitely more difficult. 

 

We could do it so we can report hits at the end of each day (if you have any) and in the unlikely event both teams finish sinking all battleships on the same day, it can be a draw?

I like that. But @jmk has to be online each day for this. I don't know if this is possible for her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The end of the week might be a little more exciting though. Then you declare all your hits at the same time and you will have to wait a whole week to keep sinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking now I prefer the weekly way of doing it lol. 

 

Doodlie vote time? 

 

If you want to declare your hits immediately as you get them, 'like' this post.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deftona said:

I am thinking now I prefer the weekly way of doing it lol. 

 

Doodlie vote time? 

 

If you want to declare your hits immediately as you get them, 'like' this post.

 

I voted this way but only if it doesn't require sacrifices on others to make this happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LadyShello said:

 

I voted this way but only if it doesn't require sacrifices on others to make this happen. 

 

Yeah, we don't have to go with the one with the most votes if it doesn't suit everyone, it's more a way to guage everyone's preferences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine posting as we earn them, I usually check the forums in the morning so could update then.  It keeps the game going, but I really don't have a preference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmk said:

I'm fine posting as we earn them, I usually check the forums in the morning so could update then.  It keeps the game going, but I really don't have a preference.

Well, you and I have to make it happen, so if you're okay with it so am I :)

It's 6 hours earlier where you live, so if I check the forums in the afternoon it should work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.