• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I like the food log too. Awareness is good. :)

I also like Def's suggestion of minus points for non-compliant beverages. Not to be like punitive, but it does keep in mind that choosing not healthy options holds us back and doesn't let us move forward. 

For cardio, I'm not going to be helpful here. I like both options.

For strength, counting minutes is easiest. But I'm intrigued by Darebee. Have we used this site before and I blocked it from my memory? Lol. It seems familiar but new. 

Darebee used to be called NeilaRay...  

• Like 1

To summarize

Food: Everyone keeps a food log for a week

Water: Drink only water/tea/black coffee/protein shakes with water. Anything else gives you points. The least points win.

Strength: Count the minutes of strength training

Cardio: Minutes?

And maybe an adulting goal in stead of one of those. 

Okay guys, let's keep those ideas coming :)

I love the food log idea.  It's something different.  

I'm fine with the others but it's tough when they already overlap our regular challenge goals.  It's tough to come up with ideas that push us to go beyond our normal goals but not get in the way of our normal goals.  

What about the daily dares on darebee?  It's something new everyday and it's supposed to be something you can do in less than 15 minutes.  

20 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

I found this on Darebee too...   Maybe we could incorporate something like this into our PVP?  

This is seriously cool. 

We can just take this and let our score be the number of chapters we complete?

I like the daily dares too. They are easily incorporated into your normal workout routine I think.

• Like 1

Just now, Terah said:

This is seriously cool. 

We can just take this and let our score be the number of chapters we complete?

I like the daily dares too. They are easily incorporated into your normal workout routine I think.

It is pretty cool.  We could even make it so that each task needs to only be done by 1 member of the team. I looked ahead and there are some travelling ones.  That could be cumulative scores for the entire team while the individual workouts are done by 1 member of the team.  There's also a few choices along the way and you collect something.  There are probably multiple ways we could score it.  

2 hours ago, LadyShello said:

It is pretty cool.  We could even make it so that each task needs to only be done by 1 member of the team. I looked ahead and there are some travelling ones.  That could be cumulative scores for the entire team while the individual workouts are done by 1 member of the team.  There's also a few choices along the way and you collect something.  There are probably multiple ways we could score it.  

It would be a shame to do this only one week. Why don't we save it and do the whole quest the next pvp?

I like that every task has to be completed by one team member. That way we encourage team building.

4 minutes ago, Terah said:

It would be a shame to do this only one week. Why don't we save it and do the whole quest the next pvp?

I like that every task has to be completed by one team member. That way we encourage team building.

That works.  We could do the Daily Dares for the week of the strength challenge.  instead of minutes the daily dare recommends a certain number of reps, we could do a point for each set, scaled of course to each person's level.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

That works.  We could do the Daily Dares for the week of the strength challenge.  instead of minutes the daily dare recommends a certain number of reps, we could do a point for each set, scaled of course to each person's level.  

I like that!

An idea for an adulting challenge next pvp:

Make a todo list of 5(or 10 or more?) items you want to get done that week. This can be housekeeping, work, gardening, administrative stuff, fixing things in the house etc. You should be spending 30 minutes ON AVERAGE on those items.

You get points for every item you've crossed off and bonus point for completing all of them.

What do you all think?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Terah said:

An idea for an adulting challenge next pvp:

Make a todo list of 5(or 10 or more?) items you want to get done that week. This can be housekeeping, work, gardening, administrative stuff, fixing things in the house etc. You should be spending 30 minutes ON AVERAGE on those items.

You get points for every item you've crossed off and bonus point for completing all of them.

What do you all think?

I love it. I need some accountability in adulting. :)

• Like 1

I would like to suggest for this challenge: if we both sink an equal number of boats, the winner will be the one with the most hits. Is that okay with everyone?

@jmk Our hits are marked in the spreadsheet in purple. Because girlpower! And maybe because one of the ships colors is blue, but mostly because girlpower

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Terah said:

I would like to suggest for this challenge: if we both sink an equal number of boats, the winner will be the one with the most hits. Is that okay with everyone?

Well, we could also say the team that sunk all ships with the least shots had better strategy.

We probably need to state the tie breaker at the beginning of the challenge!

I put our hits in blue.

1 minute ago, jmk said:

Well, we could also say the team that sunk all ships with the least hits had better strategy.

I put our hits in blue.

There doesn't have to be a tie breaker, it can be a draw. There have been many draws before.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jmk said:

Well, we could also say the team that sunk all ships with the least shots had better strategy.

I put our hits in blue.

You're totally right. It can be a draw

It was an EPIC battle and some amazing team work was done on each side! 

Waffles had the strategy and Pancakes had the most shots. 

Great job DOODLIES!!

uss-fiske-1200x800-ts600.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jmk said:

Waffles had the strategy and Pancakes had the most shots. 

We are equally awesome!

PancakeHug.jpgWaffleHug.jpg

Enjoy this warm and fuzzy feeling while it lasts. Because a week from now we will battle again for the glory of the Doodlies!

Here is our new sign up sheet

As soon as the new forums are online I'll post the new doodlie thread :) 

Have a great week/weekend zero <4

• Like 2

I joined the Stalkers :dread: for the next challenge. Listening to my parents this morning, I'm going to have a lot more on my plate than I realized during the weeks of the next challenge. And that's okay, it's not like anything BAD, just more work than I realized :) Although, I might be having a really good attitude about this because I just had two shots of tequila :D  :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I might be having a really good attitude about this because I just had two shots of tequila

Than I think tequilla should be part of your next challenge ;)

• Like 1