Deffy The Vampire Slayer Season One - Deffy vs The Master: The Harvest (Def # 21)

I guess I'm going to have to add Buffy to my Netflix queue now; that's one I never caught since its run coincided with my military and college time.  I vaguely recall that MFG liked it--I know she loved Angel because I watched some of those with her--so I bet she'll watch Buffy with me in extreme DFG binge fashion (so I can get all of the references that are bound to appear in this thread).

C2jNOOE.jpg

• Like 4

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

2 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

I guess I'm going to have to add Buffy to my Netflix queue now; that's one I never caught since its run coincided with my military and college time.  I vaguely recall that MFG liked it--I know she loved Angel because I watched some of those with her--so I bet she'll watch Buffy with me in extreme DFG binge fashion (so I can get all of the references that are bound to appear in this thread).

C2jNOOE.jpg

DO IT! 

Angel is fantastic too. Whenever I watch Buffy, I think that's better but when I watch Angel I change my mind and think Angel is better. And when Buffy shows up in Angel I am all like MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS BITCH, YOU DON'T KNOW HIS LIFE. 

I am fickle like that. 

• Like 4

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

30 minutes ago, spookyfoot said:

why did Hush have to be in season 4 because Riley is the WOOOOOOORST

I actually forgot that he was even in that episode.  Must have blocked him out because that one is the BEST.  And Riley is not.  That and Killed by Death kept me up at night for weeks...

3 minutes ago, deftona said:

Angel is fantastic too. Whenever I watch Buffy, I think that's better but when I watch Angel I change my mind and think Angel is better. And when Buffy shows up in Angel I am all like MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS BITCH, YOU DON'T KNOW HIS LIFE. 

When I rewatch them I totally nerd out and watch them in order (like go back and froth from Buffy to Angel).  It's harder to be mad at Buffy showing up in his show when I do that.

Speaking of (not really just throwing it in here), did anyone here read the comics? At least the ones Joss Whedon did? SO GOOD!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Raxie said:

When I rewatch them I totally nerd out and watch them in order (like go back and froth from Buffy to Angel).  It's harder to be mad at Buffy showing up in his show when I do that.

I haven't watched them like that since they were originally aired on TV so maybe I should! I'm too lazy to flick between the two....! 

4 minutes ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Welcome to the Hellmouth!  Love this challenge!

Yay T2 has joined the party! Grab a drink! 

Buffy-Gif.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deftona said:

I haven't watched them like that since they were originally aired on TV so maybe I should! I'm too lazy to flick between the two....! 

So worth it.  Especially on Netflix it's pretty easy to just switch back and forth if you have it.

I recently did a rewatch through for the first time since they aired.  Still so good. Ugh. So many feels.

6 minutes ago, Raxie said:

So worth it.  Especially on Netflix it's pretty easy to just switch back and forth if you have it.

I recently did a rewatch through for the first time since they aired.  Still so good. Ugh. So many feels.

Sadly, Buffy has just been taken off UK Netflix (I was about three episodes from the end so I was gutted) and Angel isn't on it. I do have them all on DVD but changing the DVD every time seems like way too much effort! I might have to wait until they come back onto Netflix to marathon them like this!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, deftona said:

Sadly, Buffy has just been taken off UK Netflix (I was about three episodes from the end so I was gutted) and Angel isn't on it. I do have them all on DVD but changing the DVD every time seems like way too much effort! I might have to wait until they come back onto Netflix to marathon them like this!

O__o  I hope the same is not true for our Netflix.  I was counting on this to watch Season 1 for your challenge.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

6 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

O__o  I hope the same is not true for our Netflix.  I was counting on this to watch Season 1 for your challenge.  

I hope it's still there! 

9 minutes ago, deftona said:

This makes me sad for you :[ I hope it comes back soon! Completely feel you on not wanting to switch DVDs constantly.

I really have to re-watch buffy. 

I'll just buy the boxsetmeta

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

9 minutes ago, Terah said:

I really have to re-watch buffy. 

I'll just buy the boxsetmeta

There is always this option, Shello ;) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sloth the Slow and Steady said:

I've only seen the movie when it was in theater. Now I have something to do this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The series is very different to the movie. It has a completely different style and approach as Whedon's hand were too bound for the movie. Definitely check it out, it's excellent! 

17 hours ago, deftona said:

Haha! FRuits and vEGGIES! ;) 

I always thought it was FRied vEGGIES, lol!! Like, omg, they always eat these things fried? o_O :lol:

It's finally happening to me. I got unfollowed from your thread. At least, it is a thread I will always find suspicious when not appearing on my unread content, because it is impossible there is no unread content in your thread.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, zenLara said:

I always thought it was FRied vEGGIES, lol!! Like, omg, they always eat these things fried? o_O :lol:

Mmmmm, I WISH! 

35 minutes ago, zenLara said:

It's finally happening to me. I got unfollowed from your thread. At least, it is a thread I will always find suspicious when not appearing on my unread content, because it is impossible there is no unread content in your thread.

:o How dare it unsubscribe you from my thread?!?

• Like 2

Day Two Write Up

Deffy vs Luke

iFAcd.gif

I didn't actually get much of yesterday's to-do list done but I'm not graded on that so it doesn't matter too much! Most of it can be migrated to today anyway. Food was cherries, goat cheese and ham for breakfast. egg drop soup for dinner (110 calories with 10g of protein and delicious!) with some chestnuts and roast pork, celeriac mash, roasted carrots and peas for dinner. I did a 5K too putting another little dent in my mileage goal. 

Progress: 

Remaining Deficit - 22838

Remaining KMs - 90

Remaining Fitness Minutes - 1382

Remaining Lifting Sessions - 14

Percentage of Sticker Book Outstanding - 25% vs TH's 25%  HE'S CATCHING UP WITH ME ERMAGERD. 

Creativity Remaining - 100%

Taxes and bookkeeping remaining - 100%

Pages of current book remaining - 110

Percentage of history book remaining - 17%

Remaining Oil Pulls - 14

Remaining Freggies for Luke's Harvest - 23

• Like 5

Day Three Projection

5K and lifting session

1. Sort out cat's food

2. Hoover living room

3. Read 20 pages of my book

- Today might be a little tricky as I have to wait around for an important phone call so I can't really be in my gym when that happens. I hope it happens early so I can get on with my day. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, deftona said:

There are ways around that, though Netflix would not approve.

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

4 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

They are really cracking down on the VPN thing here. My friend got his account suspended by doing that >.<

2 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Hola doesn't work anymore :( It was a sad day when I found out. 

There are other ways to watch your shows though. 

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

1 minute ago, Terah said:

Hola doesn't work anymore :( It was a sad day when I found out. 

There are other ways to watch your shows though. 

Nuuuuuuuu

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.