The Curved Bow & Leaky Tankard: Ranger Guildhall Chat

Ladies, Gentlemen, Rangers all;

Allow me to welcome you once again to our humble abode in the wilderness, The Curved Bow & Leaky Tankard.

2K13-Apr-4-Tavern.1365002325.JPG

Find a place to hang your cloak, put your feet up, and relax.  We're your home away from home while out adventuring, but this be hallowed ground.  Try not to start too many tavern brawls while you stay with us.  Oh, and serve yourself... the help is on strike citing the questionable origin and dubious taste of the most recent barrel of ale.  Consume at your own peril.   ;)

• Like 13

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

While I was away last challenge I shadowed the GORUCK Heavy in DC for Memorial Day weekend. I had quite a few friends doing the Heavy/Tough/Light and am friends with 2 of the 4 Cadre. This was the second day of hot weather in DC and people were miserable. I think it was 67/72 Heavy finishers(very good). But of the 48 signed up for all three events only 9 finished. There were a decent amount that skipped the Tough so they could hydrate and I know 3 or 4 of them had done the HTL before and they said this was the worst with the onset of hot weather and no time to train for it.

For those of you out rucking, remember to hydrate now that summer is here!

ZSSwGZUl.png

Half of the class near the end.

• Like 3

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

15 minutes ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

*Miaulin stealth steps to a table in the back corner, sliding into a chair and nursing a tankard, yes a tankard, of hot tea.

They come in tankards?!  I'm getting one!

tumblr_lu5sjiMOjQ1qbvpv0.jpg

:grabs a tankard of earl grey, hot:

• Like 12

Anyone not willing to risk being left behind?

This feels like the start to an especially good challenge, folks.  I'm loving the Week Zero vibes.  ;)

• Like 5

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Sliding into a chair and grabbing a tankard of mead...  if the drinks are that questionable maybe we should start making our own?

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

Strides in and pivots around (cloak swirls impressively). Spies lots of shadowy figures in the corners...

Dangerous? Probably most of you, in your own way

Of bad character? Perhaps a few (not really, but it makes things seem more interesting)

Taking the measure of this place and these people? (Not a bad idea)

If you're new to this site, or just a little shy, please feel very welcome to join in and post here. Anything goal-related, questions about how things work, general encouragement, silliness.

• Like 7

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

When did this appear?!

...and if I'm gonna be in a tavern before 5am, you bet I'm gonna be sinking a (tankard of) strong coffee.

Hm. Guess this means I need to make my challenge all pretty and put it out there!

• Like 3

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

1 hour ago, iatetheyeti said:

..and if I'm gonna be in a tavern before 5am, you bet I'm gonna be sinking a (tankard of) strong coffee.

Minimal booze for me until vacation in two weeks, so I agree.  I'll be running on pre-workout and ultra strong tea; sometimes together, occasionally separate.  ;)

• Like 2

So by the time I've woken up today, not only are the new boards up, but the Ranger Guild already has 2 pages worth of challenges. You guys are a dedicated, nutty, awesome bunch of people!

• Like 9

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Week 0!  

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

So by the time I've woken up today, not only are the new boards up, but the Ranger Guild already has 2 pages worth of challenges. You guys are a dedicated, nutty, awesome bunch of people!

Indeed!

Level 6 Ranger

Current Challenge - Scrubs!

Previous Challenges - Theme-Free LazinessMedieval MarginaliaBrandon Sanderson's Way of Kings Theme - AgainWay of Kings 1Top Gear ThemeStargate SG:1 themeIron Druid theme!

2016 Battle Log (Long term goal tracking)

Lovely to see you all!

In honour of my latest challenge I'm gonna have some of this:

Trooper-Bottle-2014-16PC-600x600.png

• Like 6

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 4  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 1  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Little and Often

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map