• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Suzaqu

Suzaqu does it again, only this time...better!

10 hours ago, raptron said:

Man, what a blast! Love the pictures. :D

Thank you for looking at them! It was a ton of fun and I couldn't help but share! 

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Those pics look so yummy!

Thanks! I was worried about having too many food/beer pictures, but then I decided that that was impossible :)

• Like 1

Week 2 Day 2

Arghhh, it lost what I was posting. Time to type it up again. Sorry if it's a little shorter....

It was a much better day fitness wise! I got in work on all of my goals! The rolling hurt, but it was good pain and I think it definitely helped me in the good pain of stretching after a break as well. I also think my diet is getting back in line after the trip and I'm feeling much more energetic than I did yesterday. Darn that good food making me feel bad :P I'm behind on the alcohol goal, so I need to get rolling on that. I'm hoping to not drink W-F to knock it out before the weekend. 

I'm also hoping to get back into yoga videos tomorrow to do more flexibility and crow work as part of my normal exercise. I'll hopefully get my side crow research for the week done as well.

Tracking:

Splits:                4/4, 0/2, 1/4, 0/3, 0/2

Mobility 1:         4/4, 0/2, 1/4, 0/3, 0/2

Mobility 2:         4/4, 0/2, 1/4, 0/3, 0/2

Crow:                4/4, 0/2, 1/4, 0/3, 0/2

Crow research: 1/1, 0/0, 0/1, 0/1, 0/0

Alcohol-free:     3/3, 1/2, 0/3, 0/3, 0/2

• Like 2

Week 2 Day 3

I did all the things! Well, instead of yoga video I biked, but things were done! My splits feel back to where they were before the break (probably because the biking gave my legs a great warmup) and I'm not drinking tonight, so that goal is rolling.

My biggest success was my side crow! I took @Mad Hatter's advice and tried it on a hard surface. I realized that as usual I'm not in my fingers enough and managed to get what I think was a 4-second hold on my right side! I have no idea how it happened, but it did! I kept expecting my face to hit the pillow, but it didn't. Now I just have to work on that darn left side and get more consistent.

Tracking:

Splits:                4/4, 0/2, 2/4, 0/3, 0/2

Mobility 1:         4/4, 0/2, 2/4, 0/3, 0/2

Mobility 2:         4/4, 0/2, 2/4, 0/3, 0/2

Crow:                4/4, 0/2, 2/4, 0/3, 0/2

Alcohol-free:     3/3, 1/2, 1/3, 0/3, 0/2

• Like 2

Also, unrelated to any fitness what so ever, I discovered no-churn homemade ice cream! I made a nutella peanut butter one today and it is amazinggggg! How did I not know about this earlier, I've been lamenting not owning an ice cream maker every summer for years. it's definitely a treat, but it tastes rich enough I'm satisfied with one bowl, so an overall win health-wise.

IMG_0947.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ixaera said:

WHAT

*googles*

Yeah, pinterest is an amazing dangerous place, I have learned so much that's so bad for me :P It's essentially flavored, frozen, whipped cream. Highly recommend! It even tastes like real ice cream, just a little softer and creamier (oh no! more creamy ice cream, how awful :P ) This is where I found the idea and a billion recipes.

7 hours ago, raptron said:

YAY! Go, go finger gripping strength.

latest?cb=20120724163834 Using those fingers seems to be a theme with my hand balance poses. I think I may need to start training them, this will take some research.

• Like 2

Week 2 Day 4

Another good day! Despite waking up with one of the worst headaches I've ever had, I managed to turn the day around. (With a 1.5hr nap and all the painkillers and allergy meds.)

I got down to the low side of the block on all of my splits, including the turned-in ones. I'm also so super close on the left leg, I bet it will happen within the week.  Crow felt good, I think I'm getting better at getting my knee up on my elbow. I've found it works to focus on getting the knee/elbow positioned/wedged correctly and get my hip right as I'm going up into the pose.

No drinking tonight since we're cooking for a guest who eats Halal, so I'm counting that goal done for the night.

Tracking:

Splits:                4/4, 0/2, 3/4, 0/3, 0/2

Mobility 1:         4/4, 0/2, 3/4, 0/3, 0/2

Mobility 2:         4/4, 0/2, 3/4, 0/3, 0/2

Crow:                4/4, 0/2, 3/4, 0/3, 0/2

Alcohol-free:     3/3, 1/2, 2/3, 0/3, 0/2

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

Yeah, pinterest is an amazing dangerous place, I have learned so much that's so bad for me :P It's essentially flavored, frozen, whipped cream. Highly recommend! It even tastes like real ice cream, just a little softer and creamier (oh no! more creamy ice cream, how awful :P ) This is where I found the idea and a billion recipes.

*makes note next challenge to include Make ALL the Ice Creams as a goal* ... Now to figure out if I can make a non-milk version of them. *eyeballs recipe* I'm thinking it's worth my chugging the Lactaid on this one! :P:lol:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, UnquietBones said:

*makes note next challenge to include Make ALL the Ice Creams as a goal* ... Now to figure out if I can make a non-milk version of them. *eyeballs recipe* I'm thinking it's worth my chugging the Lactaid on this one! :P:lol:

My husband is also a lactaid consumer and he thought the nutella peanut butter one was worth it. I think you could probably do a whipped coconut cream instead of the whipped cream. I love that on fruit. My husband sadly doesn't like coconut, so that wouldn't a good substitute for him, otherwise I'd try it. Or maybe I will and have to eat it all myself :P 

It looks like the mango banana one is non-dairy and is one of those frozen banana based ice creams (idk how those are, I don't like bananas). I may try to do a mango lassi inspired ice cream next as our guest gave us a box of mangos! 

2 hours ago, ixaera said:

lol this is going to get me in trouble I can already tell XD

Sorry not sorry :P 

ge4nxfh4ebfwocwmu8ls.gif

• Like 2

Week 2 Day 5

Yassssssss! 

full+of+win.gif

Job offer baby! It's at the place where I had the two interviews, but it's not the job that I interviewed for. They gave that to someone else, but were so impressed with me that they are creating something for me. It's only part-time for now, but could evolve later. I'm just so happy to have something to do finally, and to be making money! Plus when we go home next week I'll be able to tell people and they'll stop asking me about the job hunt :P

I got all my challenge stuff done this morning and was planning on not drinking, but my husband came home while I was on the phone with the job people. He saw my shocked face (it took a bit to flip my brain from one job to another) and poured me a beer and told me to drink it, so the alcohol goal was a fail, but I think it was acceptable. Tomorrow I may try to not drink, we'll see if I decide to celebrate or not. Sunday my old research advisor is coming over, so drinking is happening then (that's how physicists are :P). 

In the splits I got down to being solidly on the block for all stretches except the left turned out where I'm so close to the ground I can taste it!

I did my crow research for the week and found this article. It's pretty basic, but reminded me of the two variations you can do, one with the hips supported and the other without. Since I'm having trouble with getting both my knees and hips on my elbows correctly, I think I'll try out the other variation, at least a few times, next week.

For now, this is literally what I look like right now :P Happy Friday everyone!

giphy.gif

Tracking:

Splits:                4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 0/3, 0/2

Mobility 1:         4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 0/3, 0/2

Mobility 2:         4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 0/3, 0/2

Crow:                4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 0/3, 0/2

Crow research: 1/1, 0/0, 1/1, 0/1, 0/0

Alcohol-free:     3/3, 1/2, 2/3, 0/3, 0/2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suzaqu said:

Job offer baby! It's at the place where I had the two interviews, but it's not the job that I interviewed for. They gave that to someone else, but were so impressed with me that they are creating something for me. It's only part-time for now, but could evolve later. I'm just so happy to have something to do finally, and to be making money! Plus when we go home next week I'll be able to tell people and they'll stop asking me about the job hunt :P

Yes!

acab5e33c2fedc39f5bdb8f016a8e389.jpg

• Like 1

On June 24, 2016 at 3:38 PM, UnquietBones said:

YAYAYAYAYAY! :D:D:D

Thank you! I'm really excited! I finally get to do something with my time! Plus, I'll have access to a cheaper gym membership!

On June 24, 2016 at 4:35 PM, Grayspeed said:

Yes!

acab5e33c2fedc39f5bdb8f016a8e389.jpg

That picture is amazing! I want to be the shark, he looks so happy and yet confused/panicked at not being in the water.

• Like 1

Week 3 Day 1

I did the things! Idk why, but I've been awful at catching up on other people's threads. I'm trying to do one a day at least and failing, but rest assured, I will catch up soon! But my rolling, stretching etc happened. I tried the one armed variation of side crow and promptly discovered that I had nowhere near the upper body strength required (definitely my weak point). But I did finally get a good hold on my left side! So I'm going to keep practicing and hopefully hit my 5 sec per side by the end of the challenge!

I'm debating what I want to do with my last week. We'll be traveling the whole time and staying with family and friends, so I'd feel weirder stretching/crowing than I would in a hotel. (And let's be honest, I didn't do that either). So I'm debating if I want to just have entirely different goals for the last week, or try to sneak in crows when no one is watching. 

Sneaky crow!

980x.gif

Tracking:

Splits:                4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 1/3, 0/2

Mobility 1:         4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 1/3, 0/2

Mobility 2:         4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 1/3, 0/2

Crow:                4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 1/3, 0/2

Alcohol-free:     3/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1/3, 0/2

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raptron said:

Or you could recruit people into crow madness? :D

Hahaha "come be a crow with me!" My husband's family already thinks I'm strange with my random fitness choices. But, I bet I could get my husband's brother on board. I taught him how to do diamond pushups and he enjoyed those. (He's 11, and is doing competitive swimming, so he's adorable, and super strong!)

• Like 1

Congrats on the job offer! :D And crow! The unsupported crow is harder, but not by miles. The extra arm support is kind of like training wheels, but you'll be able to remove it pretty soon after you get comfy in supported side crow. Get everyone on board!

Yumm that nutella ice cream looks delicious. 

On July 3, 2016 at 6:47 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Congrats on the job offer! :D And crow! The unsupported crow is harder, but not by miles. The extra arm support is kind of like training wheels, but you'll be able to remove it pretty soon after you get comfy in supported side crow. Get everyone on board!

Yumm that nutella ice cream looks delicious. 

Thanks! I think I may aim unsupported next round, and I have been spreading the crow word :) The ice cream was indeed delicious! I almost bought ingredients today for another batch, but I restrained.

I'm back!!!! Actually I got back on Saturday but it's taken me a bit to get back into the swing of life mentally.

It was an amazing trip and we saw a ton of people back home. It was a bit stressful because we were staying in different places many nights and were scheudled for basically every meal. I ate badly and drank too much and it was a ton of fun :) But I felt kinda crappy physically, not sick, just not eating well. So this weekend has been a reset, an attempt at eating well and no drinking, which also helped me get back on track for that goal. I only did my stretching etc once, but did get my crow practices in.

I even taught my brother-in-law (the 11 year old) how to do crow. He's still working on the balance part, but he got into the position and said he'd keep practicing. So that sub mission was successful!

I also got a start date for my job, Monday the 25th, so I have a little under 2 weeks of freedom left! Plus it actually feels like freedom now because I know I have a job. There's an oreo bagel in this state that I think I'm going to quest for, it's just about an hour away, so it will be a fun adventure. (Plus maybe I'll find new pokemon on pokemon go!)

I think that's all there is to report. I'll do final measurements, crow video and overall analysis tomorrow. Then it's time to start dreaming up the next one!

Tracking:

Splits:                4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 3/3, 1/2

Mobility 1:         4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 3/3, 1/2

Mobility 2:         4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 3/3, 1/2

Crow:                4/4, 0/2, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2

Alcohol-free:     3/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/3, 2/2

I totally forgot to do splits measurements today, but here is my side crow video! 3 seconds on the right and 2 seconds on the left. The fall out of the left sounded more painful than it was, I promise :) I wanted to try skin to skin balancing, hence the shorts and sleeveless, and not exercise clothes. How do I have no exercise shorts? Something to fix once I get my first paycheck.

• Like 2

Final wrap up (my brain is feeling scattered, so apologies for the random structure)

So you've seen my side crow results and here are my splits results

On June 7, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Suzaqu said:

My initial measurements

Right (turned in): 4.5"

(turned out): 1"

Left   (turned in): 2"

(turned out): 0", but back leg still bent, 1" with it straight.

Middle: 12"

Final measurements

Right (in): 2.5"

(out): 1"

Left   (in): 1.5"

(out): .5"

Middle:  11"

Getting closer but I'm not quite there. Next time it will happen!

Overall I had 3 perfect weeks, one awful week and one meh week, so I'm calling this challenge a success, but I definitely could have done better.  I'll do the math on stats etc after I post this and do updates. I think overall though that with the two trips, I did well, I just need to plan how to challenge while on trips better. Also, I need to work on keeping up with people's threads while I'm gone :)

In a reversal of how I usually am, I have a theme for my next challenge but haven't sorted out the goals yet.  I'll post it here once I get it sorted. I'm planning on keeping it a consistency challenge, since I'll be starting the new job this challenge.

• Like 1