UnquietBones does ALL the Things! (var ALL = "some";)

Placeholder for all the things I did yesterday and didn't post

1. Mini All That I Can Be!

30min @ 1.5mph playing Final Fantasy with friends whilst on the treadmill

2. Logging My Life

Cooking/Meal Diary

Breakfast Hardee's Egg Biscuit and Diet Coke

Lunch - Two Arby's chicken sliders and half a large fry

Dinner - leftover rice & cheese (although I cooked this for hubby! :) http://natashaskitchen.com/2014/10/21/chicken-broccoli-and-mushroom-stir-fry/)

Kicking the Caffeine Addiction

No Diet Coke - Yeeeah no, I really really needed it after a night with very little sleep.

No caffeine after 5pm - WIN!

Adult'ing List

To-Done List - Dog sitting, work, Dog sitting

Bedtimes 8:30pm (M,T) / 9:30pm (W,T,F) - WIN (ish, the dogs I was dog sitting kept waking me up as they danced around the bed and then decided they really truly had to go out at 1am. *fond exasperated sigh*)

CREATIVE BITS!

Writing - ???

Committing ART! - ???

3. Make Bad Choices on Purpose

???

Actual today's post, updating as I go... 

Oh my, well apparently I am sick again or I am just sick, err, more? I was all raring to go but sat down in the bed for a moment to play with my phone and fell asleep... for two (three?) hours. Oy. I'm not putting serious thought into taking tomorrow off of work, but I have a crazy amount of work to be done and there's a hard deadline this weekend (which I also have to work), so arg!

Ooo, a new mini challenge! I can do these! Sort of! :D:lol:  Still trying to find a way to set up a bar that won't just roll off the chairs. :P

• You'll be performing supersets of gymnastic Hollow Holds and Arch Ups, for time.  What this means is you'll lay down and start off holding a Hollow Hold for as long as you can, then when you can't hold that anymore you'll flip yourself over (with no rest) and hold an Arch Up for as long as you can.  The combined time over those two holds is your time (in seconds) for that superset. 

Okay, so I'm totally not up to this (or walking) tonight. Will try it on the morrow! :) 

2. Logging My Life

Cooking/Meal Diary

Breakfast - Hardee's Egg Biscuit and Sweet Tea (and a asiago bagel and cream cheese a few hours later)

Lunch - Leftover chicken quesadilla from Cafe Rio and Diet Coke

Dinner - Leftover beef and barley stew (from last challenge) from the freezer.... still yummy!

No Diet Coke - FAIL, I needed some at work to stay away. Probably didn't really need a Double Big Gulp... but I was weak. ;)

No caffeine after 5pm - WIN! (After all that soda at lunch this was the easy one :lol:)

Adult'ing List

To-Done List - Mowed the front lawn and sidewalk at the old house

Bedtimes 8:30pm (M,T) / 9:30pm (W,T,F) - ???

CREATIVE BITS!

Writing - Nope, too sleepy

Committing ART! - Badge spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam! :)

1-Week-Zombie-Safe-Badge-150.jpg2-Weeks-Zombie-Safe-Badge-150.jpg3-Weeks-Zombie-Safe-Badge-150.jpg1-Month-Zombie-Write-Badge-150.jpg

Write-ALL-the-words-Badge-150.jpgWrite-ALL-the-days-Badge-Color-150.jpgNinja-Scroll-Badge.jpgPirate-Escape-Badge-150.jpg

I actually did pretty good on this. I even was adult enough to realise that I didn't drink more than a small bit of the Diet Coke whilst at work (I chugged it while mowing the lawn, omg HOT) and that I didn't really need to buy one that large. Now to use that to argue myself out of a Diet Coke tomorrow until after I've given the Mio a chance to work! :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, karinajean said:

OMG so sad your week is just horrible. YOU CAN DO IT.

I WILL SURVIVE! *dramatic pose in the face of (to be honest) really minor inconveniences* :lol:

I am having a lot of fun trying to do these mini-challenges, even if I'm not really getting a lot done beyond walking so far. It's fun to get out of my comfort zone and try new things!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

I am having a lot of fun trying to do these mini-challenges, even if I'm not really getting a lot done beyond walking so far. It's fun to get out of my comfort zone and try new things!

I didn't try them my first few months on the site, and I'm really glad I finally did. They're always fun, and the new things and the teamwork and stuff is great.

• Like 2

Today = Almost all day spent asleep and chugging NyQuil in the hopes I can kill off this cold/flu thing because I can't afford to be even the tiniest bit sick starting tomorrow and running through Saturday, because work. So playing forum catch-up tomorrow. *goes back to bed*

I hope you are doing better tomorrow! Get all the sleep (in Hyperbole and a half style)! I'm loving your challenge goals, especially the be bad on purpose one! I've been working on being more mindful when I'm treating myself but I never thought to make it a goal, I may be stealing that one!

• Like 1
On 6/22/2016 at 3:38 AM, Alexandrite said:

This image caught my attention and I just read most of your challenge so far. I love your quests and am cheering you on!

Thanks! :D Hyperbole and a Half is one of my favorite short story/webcomics by far and that post is one I always circle back to because it's so darn accurate! :lol:

20 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I didn't try them my first few months on the site, and I'm really glad I finally did. They're always fun, and the new things and the teamwork and stuff is great.

I avoided them for a bit as I was expecting them to be more along the lines of 'climb a five story building using only your pinkies' or 'practice your olympic level gymnastics while hula hooping with FIRE!' :lol:  (In my defense, this guild has some AWESOME folks in it, so those totally sound like reasonable challenges! ;))

11 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

I hope you are doing better tomorrow! Get all the sleep (in Hyperbole and a half style)! I'm loving your challenge goals, especially the be bad on purpose one! I've been working on being more mindful when I'm treating myself but I never thought to make it a goal, I may be stealing that one!

I seem to have burned out the worst of it (yay!) which is good because now my other coworkers are getting sick. *headdesk* And the 'bad on purpose' goal is totally worth stealing! :) I find it's a nice baby step towards a 'almost never do the bad things' goal-- it's like training wheels for willpower! :D

And now... ONWARDS! :)

*revs up to get all the work done that she missed yesterday*

• Like 1
9 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

I avoided them for a bit as I was expecting them to be more along the lines of 'climb a five story building using only your pinkies' or 'practice your olympic level gymnastics while hula hooping with FIRE!' :lol:  (In my defense, this guild has some AWESOME folks in it, so those totally sound like reasonable challenges! ;))

I seem to have burned out the worst of it (yay!) which is good because now my other coworkers are getting sick. *headdesk* And the 'bad on purpose' goal is totally worth stealing! :) I find it's a nice baby step towards a 'almost never do the bad things' goal-- it's like training wheels for willpower! :D

And now... ONWARDS! :)

*revs up to get all the work done that she missed yesterday*

Shhhhhh, don't give the GL any ideas for new mini-challenges! :P

Glad to hear you are doing better! I hope the day of work went well! I have put the goal on my post-it note of ideas for the next challenge (it's my only goal so far, but it's something). I definitely need to workout my willpower so this will be good!

• Like 1

I am taking a slow day today since INSANE WORK INSANITY starts tomorrow and I want to be on my A Game. :)

I am not feeling up to walking, so I'm going to give the mini exercises a go after dinner! (Beside, in my epic sleep of epicness needed to kill off the sickness I did something to my shoulder so it could use some stretching).

2. Logging My Life

Cooking/Meal Diary

Breakfast  Hardee's Egg Biscuit, Sausage Biscuit and Diet Coke

Lunch - Wendy's Chicken Sandwich, Large Fry, and Diet Coke

Dinner - sgetti! And sauce and cheese, because I am not in a plain noodles mood. For sooth.

No Diet Coke - bwahahahaha... no.,

No caffeine after 5pm - WIN!

Adult'ing List

To-Done List - Cooked dinner, cleaned kitchen sink (including bleaching!)

Bedtimes 8:30pm (M,T) / 9:30pm (W,T,F) - I am totes gonna get this done

CREATIVE BITS!

Writing - I'm going to do this right after the mini -- I will escape the zombies yet!

Committing ART! - YES! Finally got some work done on the custom foal that I've been poking at for months. My perfectionism sometimes keeps me from starting anything because I'm so positive I'm going to mess it up. But I sorted it out! :) It still needs a LOT of work, but it's started! (I am amused at how lopsided she is with only half her spots! ;):lol:)

13524380_1205942039458541_3720174944002513466555_1205941929458552_1049083364839213501759_1205939202792158_4760641314129913537676_1205939216125490_58959966834307

It sort of felt like almost everything I did today was a bad choice... but things turned around a bit in the afternoon. I was able to look at my poor eating choices at breakfast and lunch and decide to make sure I cooked dinner. And I finally got started on the horse, even if it didn't come out 100% perfect from the start. So, progress! :D

• Like 1

I had grand plans for Friday! I was feeling better! I was feeling like a grownup! ...Aaaaaand instead I came home and was a couch potato.

Fail day. Fail hard day.

So today will be better! :) I have my 30min timer and am raring to go... so far I've cooked breakfast, started the dishwasher, finish reformatting the next three webcomic strips from the archives... and now I'm off to put away clothing, work on the custom foal, and clean the basement so I can actually stretch out and try the challenge moves!

And then go into work from 5-11, because lo, Inventory is upon us! *headdesk*

Wish me luck... 

It was a weird day, but into every weekend a little random work hours must fall...:)

Nope, but I did clean out two areas where I can do bodyweight things tomorrow! :)

2. Logging My Life

Cooking/Meal Diary

Breakfast  homemade eggs and hashbrowns

Lunch - leftover chicken stirfry

Dinner - large Diet Coke and two pieces of pizza (PIzza? work puns ftw)

No Diet Coke - FAIL as I had some to keep awake for tonight's work

No caffeine after 5pm - FAIL (see work)

Adult'ing List

To-Done List - Cooked dinner, cleaned kitchen sink (including bleaching!)

Bedtimes 8:30pm (M,T) / 9:30pm (W,T,F) - n/a

CREATIVE BITS!

Writing - I plan on getting to that in a little bit as I'm still trying for my three-in-a-row streak so I can escape the zombies...

Committing ART! - Got a little more work done on the foal, reformatted a bunch of the old comic strips and did the inking on a brand new one! :D

I actually did pretty well for today, so I'm going to count it as a win! :)

Okay, to make it easier on me, here are all the things from the mini challenge so far (since we can keep doing them)

1. Then go about familiarizing yourself with the ship.  Wander around and learn the layout.  You’ll need to know where to go if something goes wrong.  (Walk/run a total of 100 miles for all crew members combined)

2. You can perform any pullup progression variant you like, so long as your AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible - in one set) is less than 10 reps.  If you can perform more than 10 reps in a set of your chosen variant, you need to pick a more difficult one.

3.  You'll be performing supersets of gymnastic Hollow Holds and Arch Ups, for time.  What this means is you'll lay down and start off holding a Hollow Hold for as long as you can, then when you can't hold that anymore you'll flip yourself over (with no rest) and hold an Arch Up for as long as you can.  The combined time over those two holds is your time (in seconds) for that superset.

Aaaand joy. The toilet has been leaking into the basement, filling the downstairs cupboard with mold and leaching through the wall to get to the back of the bookcase (but thankfully not through to the books) and into the floor/carpet.

Which is right next to my art desk.

Where I've been spending a lot of time recently.

*headdesk*

So I won't be doing any exercise in the basement (or art) any time soon. (Because ick, and mold, and we hosed everything down with bleach).

...This has not been my luckiest challenge. *sighs*

Edit: because I was annoyed... played FF for 1.5 hours at 1.5mph!

Soooo... yes.

There is still plenty of challenge left, self!
I have no excuse for being a lazeabout!
Never give up! Never surrender!

...right after this nap.

The weird bit is that I'm not now sure if my being sick was because I was spending time downstairs next to the Toilet Pipe Mold Of Doom or normal sick. And I miss my artwork like burning now that I can't get to it (plumbing issues have now been fixed, but bookcase and wall need to be ripped out and thrown away because of the mold.). I want to throw up my hands and ragequit this challenge... but I am an assassin darnit! I am a Suicide Squad member! And yeah, I really haven't been able to pull off any of the exercises other than walking, but I know I can do that.

So.

Back to hydration that isn't Diet Coke.

Back to walking all the miles.

Back to writing (and escaping the zombies!)

Back to trying to be awesome instead of sitting there hoping the awesome stops by for tea.

*picks up teaspoons and heads towards the mountains*

EDIT: 38 min walking at 1.5mph playing Stellaris

EDIT: 107 words of random science fiction-y goodness... that might go somewhere. *pokes monologue*

Spoiler

"Explorers have always paid a price to step beyond the bounds of the known and into the glorious expanse. We knew the risks we just didn't know all the risks. But we never would have-- There's no way to move forward without that leap of faith.

So I'm sorry. I truly am, not that you'll ever believe me. I meant for this to happen, I just didn't mean for it to happy like this. You can't take back the past, not yet, so we move forward.

It's what they would have wanted-- still want. They are still a part of this, even if you can't see how."

Since I haven't been keeping up with the non-walking challenges well, I decided it was time to go back and make a spreadsheet for my walking thus far. (I stopped updating my counts early in the challenge because... reasons.) At least this will make me feel a bit better about trying! :)

I'm not going to count anything I did, but didn't log for fairness. I have plenty of time to bump my score up, so I'll just use the lost minutes as motivation! :D

EDIT: Went from 6.08 to 10.825! :)

I live... mostly, sorta, kinda... but I am probably going to be in stealth mode for a little longer. I've been in and out of being sick for long enough that even on the good days I just don't have the energy to do much.

But I'm going to keep trying, I'm just admitting to myself that it might be a smidge more important to get healthy again instead of do ALL the things!

So, yeah... hydration and then cooking and then walking and then... we'll see from there. *pours another giant glass of water* Onwards? :)

Ahhhh, so much challenge to catch up on!  I hope your insane work insanity is over and you are feeling better! It looks like you handled all the craziness well :) My husband is obsessed with Stellaris, I'm impressed you can limit yourself to 38 minutes. 

• Like 1

This challenge... OMG THIS CHALLENGE.

I did little walking. Little writing. Little not-drinking-diet-coke. Little eat-all-the-good-foods. Little bodyweight'ing.

LITTLE EVERYTHING. *facepalm*

So. Yes. There was a lot of !win this time around, including the fact that I haven't posted to this thread in err, two weeks? But I am back, because Never Give Up, Never Surrender! but I am quite kerfluffled. (And my new Grammarly plugin apparently thinks I have the least coherent grammar in the universe. Or something. *is rather amused*)

On a good note, I am level 15 in Pokemon Go... which means ALL THE STEPS. Yesssss. (Also, the road I live on is one of the best spawn points in the area, even if I have no nearby pokestops. Woot!)

Now I must collect myself, try and figure out what the next challenge should focus on, and climb my way back out of this rut!