• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sylph

sylph gets back to basics

Woohoo for (possible) re-opening!

We call the tuck things seated rows (if they're what I think they are).  And I'm impressed at the hollow body dedication, I avoid doing that whenever possible!

2 hours ago, Finisterre said:

Woohoo for (possible) re-opening!

We call the tuck things seated rows (if they're what I think they are).  And I'm impressed at the hollow body dedication, I avoid doing that whenever possible!

I think of seated rows as something else.

These are like--super exaggerated reverse crunches, kind of?

3 hours ago, sylph said:

I think of seated rows as something else.

These are like--super exaggerated reverse crunches, kind of?

Huh. I am trying (and failing) to picture them... The only other thing coming to mind is super slow plough roll downs but I don't think that's what you mean either! 

11 hours ago, karinajean said:

Ha, every time I've made a sock it was just one sock for a super long time. I'm terrible at finishing things.

Second one is going on the needles TODAY. Otherwise I will get distracted by something else.

10 hours ago, FearlesslyFree said:

Love that! I'm thinking the same thing, time to get on with it, and get the results.

Exactly!

• Like 2

Wasn't going to work out. Did it anyway.

Workout = done (3/15)

Goblet squats

Leg press

Hamstring curls

Quad extensions

Ab work = done (2/10)

Ab wheel roll outs

Stretching = done (2/5)

Forward fold

Straddle

Runner's stretch

• Like 4

Workout = done (4/15)

BB Bench press

DB OHP

DB Flyes

DB Lateral raises

Didn't want to work out today, either. Almost gave in to the funk, but then looked at the calendar, realized it's my normal monthly demotivational period and soldiered on anyway. Stupid hormones aren't getting in my way this month.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2016 at 1:14 PM, sylph said:

Unrelated to anything, I'm knitting my first sock ever. Cuff and leg are finished. Turned the heel last night and next step is to pick up stitches for the gusset. It's kind of actually looking like a sock! Woo!

You should try doing toe up if you liked doing cuff down. I find I liked that way better for some reason!  I like knitting socks, small and quick project! (And fingerless mitts. I knit hoards of fingerless mitts....and then rarely wear them because it's hot here most the year buuut whatever! Lol)

Just now, dancezwithkittehz said:

You should try doing toe up if you liked doing cuff down. I find I liked that way better for some reason!  I like knitting socks, small and quick project! (And fingerless mitts. I knit hoards of fingerless mitts....and then rarely wear them because it's hot here most the year buuut whatever! Lol)

Next pair will probably be toe up, just for comparison purposes. Then I can see which I like better.

It's cold enough here to wear fingerless mitts for a good chunk of the year, but for me, it's my fingers that are cold, so I've resolved not to make any. We'll see how long that lasts.

24 minutes ago, sylph said:

Next pair will probably be toe up, just for comparison purposes. Then I can see which I like better.

It's cold enough here to wear fingerless mitts for a good chunk of the year, but for me, it's my fingers that are cold, so I've resolved not to make any. We'll see how long that lasts.

I like with the toe up that you can try them on and see how the fit is going pretty easily and make adjustments if needed! Definitely fun to try!