Sunday: sun salutations = done (11/25)

Monday: No sun salutations (oops)

but workout = done (6/15)
DB Bench Press

DB OHP

DB Flyes

• Like 1

On 6/12/2016 at 9:50 AM, sylph said:

Second one is going on the needles TODAY. Otherwise I will get distracted by something else.

On 6/17/2016 at 4:28 PM, dancezwithkittehz said:

You should try doing toe up if you liked doing cuff down. I find I liked that way better for some reason!  I like knitting socks, small and quick project! (And fingerless mitts. I knit hoards of fingerless mitts....and then rarely wear them because it's hot here most the year buuut whatever! Lol)

regarding socks! this might be unpopular but..... I  realized that for me, knitting socks is like, the definition of insanity, i.e., doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I get started on each sock with the best of intentions to whip it out quickly and boy won't it be fun and whee so fast! and then somewhere around the 1/2 way point I put it down for potentially several years. AND THEN I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN WITH THE 2ND SOCK.

hey @dancezwithkittehz have you got any good fingerless mitts patterns you'd recommend? I'm hopefully going to be doing bunches of car knitting soon!

• Like 2

woo--work travel.

To catch up:

Tuesday: Did 30 mins of yoga first thing in the morning. Will count this as both sun salutations (12/25) and stretching (3/5)

Wednesday: Was in airplanes and airports all day. Did nothing.

Thursday: Crazy work events kept me hopping all day and into the evening. Did nothing.

Today: recovery from the work madness. Did nothing. Except this:

IPGomTd.jpg

Will get back to fitness-y things tomorrow, as well as being a better friend/supporter and getting around to all of your threads.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2016 at 10:04 AM, raptron said:

Puttin' in werk

On 6/21/2016 at 1:02 PM, karinajean said:

hi! you are KICKING it with consistency.

heh, and then I fell off the wagon due to work travel.

On 6/23/2016 at 0:48 PM, karinajean said:

regarding socks! this might be unpopular but..... I  realized that for me, knitting socks is like, the definition of insanity, i.e., doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I get started on each sock with the best of intentions to whip it out quickly and boy won't it be fun and whee so fast! and then somewhere around the 1/2 way point I put it down for potentially several years. AND THEN I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN WITH THE 2ND SOCK.

I really liked it! I feel all fancy, wearing socks that I've made myself.

Debating what to cast on for my next project, though. I have more sock yarn on order (because of course I do), but I'm thinking about finding a wrap or not-old-lady-ish shawl and working on something a little more complex next. Of course, I don't know how to read knitting charts, so that puts a lot of patterns out of the picture. Or, I guess I could learn to read charts...

Yesterday: Sun salutations = done (15/25)

Today: Sun salutations = done (16/25)

This may be the only goal I get a passing grade on this challenge... Work & life = crazy, yo.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2016 at 8:16 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Wow, those socks look really nice! 

Thanks! They are wool, so slightly warm for the summer. That did not keep me from wearing them for the entire rest of the weekend after I'd finished them. ;)

On 6/27/2016 at 4:07 PM, raptron said:

SO FANCY wearing socks you made. 

I am inordinately proud of them... 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2016 at 6:41 PM, sylph said:

heh, and then I fell off the wagon due to work travel.

I really liked it! I feel all fancy, wearing socks that I've made myself.

Debating what to cast on for my next project, though. I have more sock yarn on order (because of course I do), but I'm thinking about finding a wrap or not-old-lady-ish shawl and working on something a little more complex next. Of course, I don't know how to read knitting charts, so that puts a lot of patterns out of the picture. Or, I guess I could learn to read charts...

I knit all kinds of complicated shit and I only just barely learned how to read charts. There is plenty out there that does not require knowing it! For some reason I prefer written out instructions in words vs chart and for me charts are just slow since I perpetually have to look up what each thing means etc. BLEGH. Stupid charts!

On 6/23/2016 at 9:48 AM, karinajean said:

hey @dancezwithkittehz have you got any good fingerless mitts patterns you'd recommend? I'm hopefully going to be doing bunches of car knitting soon!

Are you looking for free type patterns? I love the Veyla mitts by Ysolda Teague but those aren't free. (I love all things Ysolda Teague and find myself almost entirely sticking to her patterns when I do stuff nowadays! I'm always partial to freebie stuff on Knitty. They tend to have a lot of interesting patterns! Fetching is always a classic (and not super complicated): http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTfetching.html

I also keep starting this pattern and never finishing it:  http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTknucks.html

I had made some ribbed fingerless mitts for a friend that I really liked the pattern but apparently I forgot to add it to my ravelry...I want to say it was a Lion Brand freebie pattern from their website maybe. D'oh! (I in general love ribbed patterns for gloves and socks because it's more forgiving and stretches to the shape of the limb you are putting in it!)

On 6/29/2016 at 8:14 PM, sylph said:

Yesterday: Sun salutations = done (15/25)

Today: Sun salutations = done (16/25)

This may be the only goal I get a passing grade on this challenge... Work & life = crazy, yo.

One goal is better than no goals!

On 7/5/2016 at 9:44 AM, raptron said:

That sun is soooo saluted. :D

At least I can manage ONE of my goals in a reasonably successful manner.

Whelp... this challenge is done, such as it is. Will probably either take the next one off or give myself a couple week mental break before figuring out where I want to go with this.

On 6/24/2016 at 7:39 PM, sylph said:

woo--work travel.

To catch up:

Tuesday: Did 30 mins of yoga first thing in the morning. Will count this as both sun salutations (12/25) and stretching (3/5)

Wednesday: Was in airplanes and airports all day. Did nothing.

Thursday: Crazy work events kept me hopping all day and into the evening. Did nothing.

Today: recovery from the work madness. Did nothing. Except this:

IPGomTd.jpg

Will get back to fitness-y things tomorrow, as well as being a better friend/supporter and getting around to all of your threads.

Such beautiful lines! (and, no, I'm not a foot fetishist, but I know a good line when I see it !!!)

On 7/20/2016 at 10:28 AM, mediaguy99 said:

Such beautiful lines! (and, no, I'm not a foot fetishist, but I know a good line when I see it !!!)