• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grizzy

Grizzy Breaks Through the Wall

Maybe plan a weekly schedule that you do for a week or two and see how the time management feels to you? I know I appreciate time to fit in all of my favorite things, and it helps to make a plan for which days and for how long I am going to do those things. Plan the work, work the plan. 

Short workout today- just squats and a few power cleans. First 150 lb squat! 3 reps, then 2, then 1, and I felt like I was caving in my core a bit. Something to work on. On the bright side, that's a .75xbw squat, and hit one of the goals I've had for a long time. Next goal I guess will be 175.

In other exciting news, I did a mini-ohp workout yesteady and did 70 lbs for 2 reps. I'm tempted to try 75 just to see if I can...

1 hour ago, Grizzy said:

Jeez, now I'm tempted to try singles with all my lifts at my current goal...

If it doesn't derail your training, go for it, get some training maxes out there :)

Ok, so in general, my challenge went pretty well. I surpassed all of my previous PRs, though my deadlift and squat are not a full 10% higher. I got under 200 lbs, broke my reddit and imgur addiction, read SO MANY books, and generally am pleased. Though I did slack super hard over my vacation, meaning I may want to drop my lifts a little and work back up so I don't shock my system.

But I still think in general, I'm better than I was a month ago, which is always the real goal.

• Like 2