Hi everybody!

For those of you who don't know me, brief introduction: I've been here for 2 years and a half now, trying to change my life after almost 30 years of sedentary lifestyle. I began my journey with Steve's "one mile a day", and I've slowly built up from there. I've spent many challenges in other guilds (mainly adventurers and druids) but as my main focus has slowly shifted to mobility and bodyweight I feel this is the place to be.

Here are my goals for the challenge:

Sitting pauses – move all day long

tumblr_mp2c66Bn9J1roycz2o1_400.gif

I'm keeping this goal from my last challenge because I'm liking it a lot. It does lots for my back and also my productivity (less sitting=less internet). The only rule is that every time I work on something that requires sitting for long, I'll get up every 20-30 minutes and use the pause to move for a short while.

Same as last challenge, there will be assorted pauses to choose from:

• neck stretch short/long routine

• hip mobility routine

• shoulder mobility routine

• self-defense practice

• any stretch/routine from focused flexibility

• drinking water

• going upstairs and downstairs

• short errands

• short chores

• gmb inspired movements: frogger, monkey, bear

• squatting/squats

• push-ups

• feet, shoulders or neck trigger points

• whatever floats my boat

Go out!

Bike-Puddle-Fail.gif

Same as last challenge too. I want to expose to sun and light everyday. It doesn't matter whether I go for a walk or I just sit to read in the patio. What counts is to spend time outside (time spent going to work and back doesn't count).

Have fun!

84c.gif

Parallettes! Acrobatics! Jeet kune do! The goal is to strengthen myself and to get more control over my body, but above everything, to have fun.

I have to assist to every lesson planned and to do at least one parallettes workout a week, better if two (unless I get to go twice to self-defense).

Side quest

Small everyday actions towards excellence

giphy.gif

There are several areas of my life that need attention. But I always get overwhelmed or stole time from other activities for this, the result being that I quit, because of saturation or because of guilt (when stealing time from anything else). So I am going to adopt the approach I took last summer with my music practice and that revealed itself so productive: 10 minutes periods, not more. Not even everyday, but will try to make it frequent.

· Cleaning. I am pretty good at keeping my kitchen clean and ranged, and laundry is usually at bay, but since I abandoned my 15 minutes of everyday cleaning/declutter, the house is not ok and I'm forced to suffer long cleaning workouts when I don't want to. So I am back to it, but with 10 minutes this time (at least until holidays).

· Pedagogical project. There are several books I want to read and take notes from, one course at coursera I want to follow, and a new homework notebook I want to prepare for the youngest. There are many new things I want to apply to my teaching for the next year. Also, students had fun with the technique competition I organized this year, and are eager to know which game will they be playing next year, so I have to start planning something.

· Feldenkrais. I've recently bought a guide book with a whole month plan to follow and that's what I intend to do to make my practice a bit more organized and to learn new exercises. I've skimmed through the book and it seems there is a different activity for each day, but also recommends to stay for a few days on it if it is difficult, interesting or there's need to go deeper, so there is no pressure to end the book with the end of the challenge.

· Icelandic. I don't think I'd be able to say more than "hvað er þetta?" right now, so I'll better retake it.

There is no pressure on this side goal. It's just that it would be nice and I could get extra points. I think that 10 minutes now and then are totally doable and really worthy.

Spoiler

_buttdance__by_cindre.gif POINTS _buttdance__by_cindre.gif

Sitting pauses.

1 STA

1 DEX

Go out!

2 CON

Have fun!

2 STR

2 DEX

2 STA

Side quest (extra points)

2 WIS

2 CHA

Let's do this!

ready-to-fight-bruce-lee.gif

• Like 11

Woohoo!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Loveitloveitloveit :love_heart::cheerful::love_heart::cheerful::love_heart::cheerful::love_heart:

And welcome to the assassins, yayyyy

Ps I always wondered if by the time I could say hjalp someone would still hear me at all :D will follow the Icelandic especially, but will keep my daily outdoors time as well so we can push each other on that :)

Love all your goals! Can't wait for parallettes and acrobatics fun, yayyyyyyy

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Following!! 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

9 hours ago, fleaball said:

Woohoo!

tumblr_no11daYme21u4hpo2o1_250.gif

8 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Loveitloveitloveit :love_heart::cheerful::love_heart::cheerful::love_heart::cheerful::love_heart:

And welcome to the assassins, yayyyy

Ps I always wondered if by the time I could say hjalp someone would still hear me at all :D will follow the Icelandic especially, but will keep my daily outdoors time as well so we can push each other on that :)

Love all your goals! Can't wait for parallettes and acrobatics fun, yayyyyyyy

Daily outdoors! I aim for that but I am not sure I'll achieve it. Work schedule is about to turn crazy in a few days...

Me too I'm so thrilled about all the fun stuff! 182___dance_together_emoticon_by_witegot

8 hours ago, deftona said:

LETS DO THIS INDEED! You have a ton of stuff going on, I can't wait to see you ace it again Lara :D

Thank you! I'll do my best! I'm sure you'll ace yours too! Self-defense pals! tardsinloveplz.gif?1

6 hours ago, SymphonicDan said:

Following of course, especially now you're starting gymnastics!

Are you still planning to someday visit Iceland?

Finally gymnastics! omg, it has taken SO MUCH TIME to get here!!

Iceland... Yes, the plan is there... But my money disappeared when I bought that headjoint last summer (¡mi gozo en un pozo!) So I have to restart saving money. I don't know, my boyfriend is quitting his job and we're going to have to tighten the belt a little, at least until he finds something else... But it is on my mind, of course.

4 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Following!! 

eZpr_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-w

• Like 2

Maybe just ten minutes outdoors?? Better than none on the crazy days :)

• Like 2

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

So, I didn't quite catch the name of your challenge during my first visit. Now that I've made the connection, it's going to be stuck in my head every time I visit! 

• Like 1

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

19 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

So, I didn't quite catch the name of your challenge during my first visit. Now that I've made the connection, it's going to be stuck in my head every time I visit! 

That was my secret evil plan... earworms for everyone, mwhaha

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, zenLara said:

That was my secret evil plan... earworms for everyone, mwhaha

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Varelse said:

I'm back (again) and following! :P

Hola rebonicaaaaa!!! Quan has tornaaaaaat?

Are you taking the challenge or just warming up by now?

1 hour ago, Briniel said:

I totally intend to cheer you on on your way to awesome (and owner of the parallettes). Woooooo!!

I'll be the master and only owner of the parallettes!! And I'll engrave my name on them when the time comes!! (please read loud with deep voice for better effect)

• Like 3

Tuesday.

Self-defense was killing today. Fun, but killing.

Sitting-pauses were mainly on hip and neck mobility, and on drinking water. Lots of.

20 minutes spent reading in the terrace, listening to the swifts.

No side quest.

My boyfriend informs me that he saw an entire dare devil episode yesterday sitting on the parallettes and claims that it counts as use time.

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, zenLara said:

My boyfriend informs me that he saw an entire dare devil episode yesterday sitting on the parallettes and claims that it counts as use time.

o_O Nice try, Mr zenLara... 

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

1 hour ago, zenLara said:

I hope you informed him that he's wrong. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, deftona said:

o_O Nice try, Mr zenLara... 

7 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I hope you informed him that he's wrong. 

5 hours ago, Endor said:

tumblr_nbo7f0ja541qd8zg3o1_500.gif

I don't think is even true :lol: Who can sit on that for one whole hour? It's not like it's cushioned. A response to my threat to engrave the parallettes, maybe?

• Like 3
15 hours ago, zenLara said:

Hola rebonicaaaaa!!! Quan has tornaaaaaat?

Are you taking the challenge or just warming up by now?

Hahaha, holi.

A couple of weeks ago, enough time to prepare for the current challenge.

• Like 1

Level 4

10 WIS | 2 STR | 2 STA | 2 CON | 5 CHA | 1 DEX

battle logepic quest

The Stoic Path of Virtue: #1 | #2 | #3

Current challenge: Don't break the challenge

Wednesday.

Productive morning.

This is the last day before my schedule turns crazy*, so I've decided to take the whole morning for me. It's great to do that. So I did a bit of cleaning for my side quest after breakfast, but then, as my boyfriend didn't need to go to work until late, I took the car and went to the woods. This place I found last challenge, it has easily grown on me and become my favorite. I walked for one hour and a half under the sun and then came back home and I felt like playing a bit with MY parallettes:

4x5

· plank side to sides. Challenging/rough. Not sure on form on this, will have to check it.

· assisted shoulder stand raises. OMG, max. effort/broken. Sooooo difficult.

· jump throughs. Relaxed/snappy. Fun.

· assisted inverted press. Max. effort (and only went half way)/smooth. I hate these.

· swing sets. Solid/smooth-snappy. Fun.

*I'm anyway waiting to see. I haven't seen my name on any of the provisional examining boards and that is weird. Last year I was in most of them and there was a huge amount of work to do. I'll wait to see but if my name doesn't appear, my only work will be to accompany those of my students that have to do the exams. Too nice to be true...

• Like 6

fingers crossed for niceness, but yeah, from what you've said about the program at your school you are likely way too important (for real!) to be that lucky. :)

• Like 3

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

2 hours ago, karinajean said:

fingers crossed for niceness, but yeah, from what you've said about the program at your school you are likely way too important (for real!) to be that lucky. :)

Luck is definitively on my side! I am only in three examination boards! (you're so sweet to think I am indispensable but I am glad to see I am not :P) This means my schedule is NOT going to be crazy. In fact, it will feel almost like holidays. I have yet to do some work for those students that come to my lessons and need to do some of the exams (law doesn't allow the students' teacher to be part of the examination board) and I've organized two more concerts for them to play the pieces required for the exams, but not much more.

Also, I am pretty proud that one of my students got the best grades and wants to go for the distinction and thus has to prepare a short concert, and I'll be giving her extra lessons to help. Only a few students make it to that concert every year (around 8-10 of more than 300) and then not everyone wins the distinction (only 3 last year). I am almost 100% sure this girl will, I am very excited about this.

Long story short: no crazy schedule, no loads of paperwork, no not knowing when/if I'll have time to have lunch, and, best of all, won't have to listen to the same song 94 times (tell me about earworms, yeah).

• Like 10

yayyyyy congratulations on not crazy schedule and student concert prep, that sounds very exciting and rather like fun times coming up.

Jeez, you are busy, hey? Going strong on self defense and very strong on the parallettes already, too. And don't even think of down talking any of that - if you didn't think of it GOOD, if you did don't because wow, you are :rapture:

Reading in sunshine outdoors is the best for outdoor time, isn't it ^_^ did the same yesterday

• Like 1