Jonesy's Adventure in Assassining DA style v.3

So I took the plunge and signed up for the academy & Yoga. I bought the NF Rebel Guide Books back in 2013 (really great for a beginner) kind of assumed the academy was sort of like the guide except interactive. Based on reviews, my own being on the fence and @Darth Yoga great run down of the site, I decided to try it out for the next 60 days. Plus might as well get it before they almost double the price. We'll see how it goes. 

• Like 6
23 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

So I took the plunge and signed up for the academy & Yoga. I bought the NF Rebel Guide Books back in 2013 (really great for a beginner) kind of assumed the academy was sort of like the guide except interactive. Based on reviews, my own being on the fence and @Darth Yoga great run down of the site, I decided to try it out for the next 60 days. Plus might as well get it before they almost double the price. We'll see how it goes. 

I love the Academy workouts! I'm about to update my own thread, you can see how much progress I've made since February. Don't forget the check out both the new and the old ones (I love the new ones more, though).

As for nutrition, I think I was lucky for not having to deal with the most problems addressed in the Academy. I don't drink soda or eat too much bread, for example. When I didn't see anything specific to my binge-eating problem, I was a bit disappointed, but the leveling up system definitely insipred me to develop my own way to fight the binge-eating disorder. Whatever your problem with the food is (if you have any), I think it can help you find a solution.

As for NF Yoga, I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts, because I don't have it.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Kunmaar said:

I love the Academy workouts! I'm about to update my own thread, you can see how much progress I've made since February. Don't forget the check out both the new and the old ones (I love the new ones more, though).

As for nutrition, I think I was lucky for not having to deal with the most problems addressed in the Academy. I don't drink soda or eat too much bread, for example. When I didn't see anything specific to my binge-eating problem, I was a bit disappointed, but the leveling up system definitely insipred me to develop my own way to fight the binge-eating disorder. Whatever your problem with the food is (if you have any), I think it can help you find a solution.

As for NF Yoga, I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts, because I don't have it.

I liked the rebel guide workouts for a while but I had a hard time doing some, either hurt my knees or didn't have the equipment. I just want something to help keep me going and help with food. I've been working out since January and they are good workouts, but I'm still only at about 9 pounds lost. Food is a killer for me and I need the help.

Haha NF Yoga was totally an add on/Oh look candy half off while standing at the checkout counter purchase. 

• Like 4

Dragon Age quest!!! Very Nice! Your goals look great. I may have to restart my Dragon Age kick now.. I tend to roll Arcane Warrior in DAO, Rogue in DA2 and I went Arcane Warrior for my first DAI play through but I am looking at going Reaver for play through 2

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Akuyo said:

Dragon Age quest!!! Very Nice! Your goals look great. I may have to restart my Dragon Age kick now.. I tend to roll Arcane Warrior in DAO, Rogue in DA2 and I went Arcane Warrior for my first DAI play through but I am looking at going Reaver for play through 2

I suck at playing a warrior. I barley function as a rogue, mostly because my lack of movement/coordination but I try and it's fun. Lol

• Like 1

Getting ready to block my scarf, ugh I hate blocking. The things we do for the people we love!

Ohh I also bought some fabric to make a pouch/case for my planner. I don't have a sewing machine so I'm going to try the liquid sew stuff...So nervous to attempt that. 

• Like 4

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

So I attempted to make a zip pouch for my planner. It was all going great until I needed to close up the sides. I flipped it inside out to do that, let it dry and then flipped it again so the right side was facing out. That's when I noticed that the zipper was now facing the wrong way so I couldn't zip it closed. No idea how that happened because it was the correct way before I turned it inside out the first time! Luckily the liquid sew stuff was easily pulled off. Ended up reattaching the zipper so it works now but so baffled!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
I joined you on the NF academy plunge. I still have to take my Before pictures .. Hoping things are well on your end! I am still debating restarting DAO because of you. Lol

Haha do it! You won't regret it. :)

• Like 1

Ahh I totally forgot the challenge officially started today. Only realized it AFTER I drank soda and ate plenty of crap...uugh. Not a great way to start off a challenge but whatever. Besides that I had a good day and a super productive weekend. Blocked my scarf and just waiting for it to dry completely. I think it may be dry but I still feel some dampness, or I'm just being a chicken because I don't want to pull the pins out and it go back to pre-blocked shape. :( Oh I did eventually finish my zipper pouch/case for my planner! 

Week 1 Day 1

Top of the Tower :

Rest day

Save the Mages :

Meal Planned today and will go grocery shopping tomorrow. 

Kick the Abominations out :

5 Sugary foods and used up my soda day. 

Look for survivors :

No Credit Card purchases and made a small $15 payment. 

Food Log

Venti Starbucks Sugar Free Latte

Cheese Danish

2 Diet Cokes

Chex Mix

Handful of Pringles

Prime Rib Sandwich

Cup of Fries

Cup of Coleslaw

Raspberry Tea

Carrot Cake

• Like 3
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:07 PM, Akuyo said:

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:34 PM, Jonesy said:

I suck at playing a warrior. I barley function as a rogue, mostly because my lack of movement/coordination but I try and it's fun. Lol

So far in DA:O I've rolled Rogues only (daggers not archer). In DA2 I've gone both Rogue and then Mage (I prefer Rogue normally) and in DA:I I've done Rogue, Mage, and Warrior (Champion for Warrior is an ABSOLUTE TANK btw) and the Knight Enchanter for the Mage has a freaking LIGHTSABER.

• Like 1

Thank you! That pouch was a pain but I made it while I watched Jurassic Park so it was not a total pain, just sort of. ;) 

I love my planner and it's not outrageously priced. I got the ME Planner from Plum Paper so I could customize the weekly tracking sections, like Health, Fitness, Reading, Crafts, etc. I can also add in sections like fitness or home. The planner is a nice quality and she made some changes to the cover so it's even more durable now. I'm still using my old one for the rest of this month but I'm super excited to start using the new one. 

2 hours ago, karinajean said:

the pouch looks amazing! do you love the planner? I love hearing about people's planner reviews, so if you have one, I'm all ears :)

If you are OK with digital, I really like an app called "My Effectiveness, To Do, Tasks". The title isn't much, but it's based off Steven Covey's 7 habits so it's really easy to organize based on the different domains of your life and how important it is. You set goals, and then add actions to help you achieve each goal, so it's very progress oriented. 

• Like 2

Really impressed that you made that pouch with liquid stitches.  I have an old sewing machine but I avoid using it at all costs.  I have a lot of sticky hem tape that holds my kids' cosplays together :)

I used to be THE MOST disorganized person until I got my iPad.  For some reason, digital planners work for me.  I think the fact that everything syncs to my phone is the trick.  I used to forget my planner all the time but I never forget my phone. 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Lightning said:

Really impressed that you made that pouch with liquid stitches.  I have an old sewing machine but I avoid using it at all costs.  I have a lot of sticky hem tape that holds my kids' cosplays together :)

I used to be THE MOST disorganized person until I got my iPad.  For some reason, digital planners work for me.  I think the fact that everything syncs to my phone is the trick.  I used to forget my planner all the time but I never forget my phone. 

I really dislike technology. Lol. No I just like pen to paper scheduling. I put events that I physically have to go to in my google calendar but I also like writing them down. I write down everything! Mostly because I have a hard time remembering stuff I don't physically write down. 

Although there are days when I don't bring my planner because it is not light. :)   

• Like 1

Nothing to say about today except just kind of meh. Got shit done though. :) 

Week 1 Day 2

Top of the Tower : 1/2 cardio & 1/3 Bodyweight Workout

30 min walk

Bodyweight Workout 1A:

Assisted Bodyweight Squat - 8, 8, 10

Elevated Pushup (Lowered my incline push up to table top!) - 3x5

Doorway Bodyweight Row - 3x10

Farmers Walk - 3x30secs

Save the Mages :

Went grocery shopping and did some prep for the crock pot. 

Kick the Abominations out :

4 Sugary foods.

Look for survivors :

No Credit Card purchases! 

Food Log

8oz coffee w/cream and splenda

chocolate muffin

Caesar salad wrap 

chicken tortilla soup

Banana & Chocolate bread

Orange chicken and fried rice

Crab rangoons

1 fortune cookie

Unsweetened Ice tea

4 glasses of water

Mini

1 mile walked

• Like 5

Hey getting shit done is better then not getting it done! Hey farmers walk :D I have that in my workout today, should be fun what with using random house objects to simulate weights I can't find at the moment lol. Well done on the "shite" that's done!

• Like 1
mmm banana and chocolate bread *droooool*

My coworker made it and it was delicious!

Hey getting shit done is better then not getting it done! Hey farmers walk I have that in my workout today, should be fun what with using random house objects to simulate weights I can't find at the moment lol. Well done on the "shite" that's done!

The farmers walk is so ridiculous. I had 2 large trash bags to take out so I used those. Haha

• Like 1