• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonesy

Jonesy's Adventure in Assassining DA style v.3

19 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I really dislike technology. Lol. No I just like pen to paper scheduling. I put events that I physically have to go to in my google calendar but I also like writing them down. I write down everything! Mostly because I have a hard time remembering stuff I don't physically write down. 

Although there are days when I don't bring my planner because it is not light. :)   

Same! I write everything down. If I keep it digital I would never get anything done. I literally have, like, 5 different To-Do notebooks at work which have everything listed, then listed by type, then listed by priority, then goal days of getting things done. It gets a little out of hand - but I always remember to do stuff!

• Like 1

I can't stand using household objects for farmer's walk. I have to know how much weight I'm using. I don't know why I care about that.

Oh I'm with you, it's driving me nuts trying to figure out a way to make it work consistently

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I can't stand using household objects for farmer's walk. I have to know how much weight I'm using. I don't know why I care about that. :)

Me too! It's frustrating but I didn't want to think to much about it last night. 

Random but this is totally the sort of pat on the back I want/need. Lol thanks Mint.

Capture.PNG

• Like 3

Yesterday was rough. I woke up with a massive migraine and every time I moved too fast I felt sick. My plan was to go to the gym around 8pm, in hopes that my head felt better. It didn't so I attempted NF Yoga and didn't even last a minute. Decided to go to bed early but couldn't go to sleep. Glad yesterday is over!

Week 1 Day 3

Top of the Tower :

Had planned on going to the gym, attempted to do some yoga but NOPE

Save the Mages :

Meal planned on Sunday and prepped on Monday

Kick the Abominations out :

4 Sugary foods and used up my soda day. 

Look for survivors :

No Credit Card purchases!

Food Log

16oz coffee w/cream and splenda
2 bowls of Cheerios
4oz unsweetened Cinnamon applesauce
Plain Oatmeal
1 large banana
Handful of Almonds
12oz coconut water
1c Beef & Broccoli
3 chocolate quesadillas
2c water

1 minute ago, ixaera said:

tell us more

It was total comfort food. I had 3 small soft tortillas left after making my breakfast burritos so I threw some dark chocolate on a tortilla and grilled it on my George Foreman. LOL I did feel marginally better. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ixaera said:

That sounds so perfect and simple... I am going to have to steal this in the future!

Way to easy and simple for someone trying to cut back on sweets and lose weight. Lol. This challenge though, my food log is just logging the food I eat, good or bad. No self judging! Although I really do have an unhealthy love for soft tortillas right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonesy said:

Way to easy and simple for someone trying to cut back on sweets and lose weight. Lol. This challenge though, my food log is just logging the food I eat, good or bad. No self judging! Although I really do have an unhealthy love for soft tortillas right now. 

TOTALLY understand this... I have a weakness for flour tortillas myself and for a while I was eating WAY too many peanut butter banana quesadillas. 

If you're like me, even just writing down the foods and times makes a big difference, because seeing what I already had as I'm logging reminds me that hey, this is not what I was going for today and reminds me that I'm trying to be consistent, not feed my inner 5 year old (who is ALWAYS trying to say she's hungry when she's full, btw)

You're doing awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ixaera said:

TOTALLY understand this... I have a weakness for flour tortillas myself and for a while I was eating WAY too many peanut butter banana quesadillas. 

If you're like me, even just writing down the foods and times makes a big difference, because seeing what I already had as I'm logging reminds me that hey, this is not what I was going for today and reminds me that I'm trying to be consistent, not feed my inner 5 year old (who is ALWAYS trying to say she's hungry when she's full, btw)

You're doing awesome!

Thank you & exactly! It's amazing what just simply logging your food can do. I'm going to move up to calorie logging soon but 2 weeks first of JUST logging. 

Inner 5 year old is a perfect way to phrase that!

38 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Major kudos for even trying to do some exercise with a migraine!! Hope today is better! 

I already had too many rest days but there is nothing you can do when your body is fighting you. Today is just a dull headache. I'm trying to figure out why I had the migraine in the first place and it definitely felt like one I've had after a heavy workout or if I had too much cane sugar the previous day but my previous days workout was not super bad and neither was my sugar. 

3 hours ago, Jonesy said:

It was total comfort food. I had 3 small soft tortillas left after making my breakfast burritos so I threw some dark chocolate on a tortilla and grilled it on my George Foreman. LOL I did feel marginally better. 

chocolate tortilla and breakfast tortilla sound like very interesting concepts ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Schaengel said:

chocolate tortilla and breakfast tortilla sound like very interesting concepts ;)

It's such an easy way to get breakfast in. Egg+onions+mango lime salsa = DELICIOUS. The amount of willpower I used to not eat them as I made them made me super proud!

Cheering you on! I am liking that you are taking on the CC battle. We have tried really hard now to consolidate and pay down CCs, without more spending. Going on a 6 month streak just about (exemptions are work purchases that are reimbursed, they have to be done on a CC). It's exciting when adulting is successful!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alexandrite said:

Cheering you on! I am liking that you are taking on the CC battle. We have tried really hard now to consolidate and pay down CCs, without more spending. Going on a 6 month streak just about (exemptions are work purchases that are reimbursed, they have to be done on a CC). It's exciting when adulting is successful!

Thank you. :) 

I did a lot of research and calculations but decided to talk to my dad, who is super good with money and has the highest FICO score you can get, about my debt. I'm not struggling or anything but if something bad happens I'm not in a good position. I was looking into consolidating it all and lowering my APR. I thought it was a great idea since one of my CCs has an APR higher than 10%. I did the math and I would be paying about $30 less than I am now but he really made me look at all aspects of it instead of just focusing on the price difference. The one thing he said that made me go, "oh yeah..." was him asking me if I think I can't stop using them. NOPE! At least not at this time, so that's where this goal came from. I want prove to myself that I can go 2 months, 6 months then a year without using my CC. If I can go a whole year without using one, then I can reconsider consolidation. 

• Like 2

Very smart on your part. My husband and I have some debt but ever since we got married I take care of the finances side and debt went bye bye and we now rotate spending and payments to get new stuff without building more debt so much as shifting it around. Example: We purchased a bunch of new stuff for updating the house but made sure to only do it after two other bills had finished being paid off so we took the money being paid on those bills and applied it to the new bill. We still have the same amount left after all bills are paid (more even) but we have new stuff rolling in lol. I've got a gift for it apparently, and I just love conquering those numbers! You can do this, you just have to keep your views of the debt all in perspective.

• Like 1

How was it? I may need to try this...

Really good. Lol. Probably would have been better heating it open faced then folding it and then throwing it on the grill.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had craft night all night so no chance to workout. Had waaaaay too much coffee today oh well! Lol. 

Week 1 Day 4

Top of the Tower :

Nothing

Save the Mages :

Meal planned on Sunday and prepped on Monday

Kick the Abominations out :

5 Sugary foods

Look for survivors :

No Credit Card purchases!

Food Log

2-12oz coffee w/cream and splenda
homemade breakfast burrito
1c Cheerios
1c beef & broccoli
4oz Unsweetened cinnamon applesause
california rolls
12oz Granita Coffee
Strawberry shortcake
3 oreos
4c water

• Like 3

On 6/15/2016 at 0:07 PM, ixaera said:

peanut butter banana quesadillas

I FORGOT ABOUT THESE. I used to make them all the time in college when I had access to tortillas (not something my family bought regularly growing up so I'm not used to having them around.) I need to go to the store now...

• Like 2

Ugh - Migraines are the worst and sometimes there is just no getting around them. Kudos to you for trying to do something! 

CC debt is definitely something I need to work on getting taken care of but I'm so bad at it! I should not be allowed to be in charge of my own finances, like, ever. 

• Like 2