Jonesy's Adventure in Assassining DA style v.3

Cant help on the macros (math mayhem is not my thing at all) but it looks like you are doing good keeping up on you goals! Cheering for you!

Did you end up showing that scarf to your friends? I love seeing people work on stuff like that.

Sent by my Navi-powered device!

I'm going to show it to her sometime this weekend I think. We had to cancel our plans last week and she lives 30 miles away. No time for quick visits. :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah - there's definitely something wrong with your macros. The general split should be .8 grams of protein per lean body weight (so, basically what you would be at your ideal weight), 30% fat, and then the rest made up of carbs. 

Here's a good article to explain the process in general: http://www.healthylivingheavylifting.com/how-to-calculate-macros-for-cutting/ 

Hope that helps!

Edit - The article goes a little different direction than what I said but overall it's the same idea.

• Like 3

http://www.eattoperform.com/ is also a great resource to check out! I learned a lot from them. 

*Side note: I do not currently count macros or calories because I tend to get obsessive and generally hate life when I am doing that so all of this information is from research done about a year to 6 months ago. While I don't think IIFYM has changed that much in that amount of time - I just wanted that caveat out there.

• Like 3

Yay over 1000 club!! 

I, like  @Asa Pond, get too stressed out about tracking, which is why I like trying for paleoish because as long as I'm eating what I should I'm losing weight... at least for now. I'm sure I'll need to start tracking eventually, but for now I'm just trying to change the way I see food and break my sugar addiction. That was the other problem I had with counting calories -  if I had enough calories for a giant slice of chocolate cake then why not? But of course I'd be hungry again an hour later and then eat more than I should :(

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

Yeah - there's definitely something wrong with your macros. The general split should be .8 grams of protein per lean body weight (so, basically what you would be at your ideal weight), 30% fat, and then the rest made up of carbs. 

Here's a good article to explain the process in general: http://www.healthylivingheavylifting.com/how-to-calculate-macros-for-cutting/ 

Hope that helps!

Edit - The article goes a little different direction than what I said but overall it's the same idea.

2 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

http://www.eattoperform.com/ is also a great resource to check out! I learned a lot from them. 

*Side note: I do not currently count macros or calories because I tend to get obsessive and generally hate life when I am doing that so all of this information is from research done about a year to 6 months ago. While I don't think IIFYM has changed that much in that amount of time - I just wanted that caveat out there.

Thank you for the links! I'm going to try to read them on my lunch break, while I'm eating. Lol

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yay over 1000 club!! 

I, like  @Asa Pond, get too stressed out about tracking, which is why I like trying for paleoish because as long as I'm eating what I should I'm losing weight... at least for now. I'm sure I'll need to start tracking eventually, but for now I'm just trying to change the way I see food and break my sugar addiction. That was the other problem I had with counting calories -  if I had enough calories for a giant slice of chocolate cake then why not? But of course I'd be hungry again an hour later and then eat more than I should :(

I've never tracked or paid attention to macros but I tracked calories for while. It helped me put into perspective the food I ate, the servings and overall made me more aware of how much calories and sugar were in the foods I was eating. I stopped doing it when I did the Whole30 and have slacked ever since. 

• Like 2

Week 3 Day 5

Yesterday was horrible. Ook not horrible but stressful and made staying positive tough. On my drive home my check engine light came on and my car started running really rough. Like “15 year old learning to drive a manual” rough. Got home and called all the Ford dealerships around me to get in for service and all of them are booked out at least 2 weeks. Stupid Holiday weekend. I got off the phone with the last place after making an appointment to squeeze me in next Friday. I cried for about 2 mins. I just needed to get that out because I was stressed and worried that my car would break down on my way to work in the morning.

I called my dad to see if I could borrow his truck if mine did break down. We worked out a plan to take my car into a auto repair shop close to my house, so we will see if they can help. After stressing about my car, which doesn’t even have 30k miles on it and that I had JUST taken into the dealer. I got in a workout and then started reading Night Broken Mercy Thompson, #8. I got about 3/4th of the book done before I decided to go to bed.

Oh also, I got a free apple pie. My plan was to save it to bring to the 4th at my grandparents house but I sort of started stress eating last night and had a slice. :(

Top of the Tower : 1/2 cardio & 2/3 Bodyweight Workout

10 Calf Raises - Hold for 3-5 seconds

10 Leg Swings

10s Wide Squat

10 Quad Clenches - Hold for 3-5 seconds

10 Short Arcs - Hold for 3-5 seconds

4x5s Upward Facing Dog

5 Calf-Cow Pose

20s Butterfly

2 Wrist Extensions - Hold for 3-5 seconds

Bodyweight Workout 2A:

Bodyweight Squat - 3x10

Elevated Pushup - 3x10

Resistance Band Rows (Green) - 3x10

Grocery Bag Walk - 3 trips of 30 seconds

Save the Mages :

Meal planned on Sunday & 1/2 Soda

Kick the Abominations out :

3 sugary food

Look for survivors :

No Credit Card purchases!

Food Log

12oz Coffee w/cream and splenda

Half a Turkey Sandwich, mac salad, string cheese wrapped in prosciutto & Dark Choco covered graham cracker

Thai style white chicken with rice

Apple Pie

6c water

• Like 2

Man if I didn't I wouldn't be able to recall anything for my weekly review. Week 2 I kept forgetting how many sugary foods I could have.

It also helps that I keep a google doc and update it periodically throughout the day so I don't forget. :D

• Like 1

Week 3 Day 6

Now my migraines make sense, impending doom is what my body was saying. Lady friend is here for the Holiday weekend...Yay. /sarcasm

My dad is the best. He meet me at 7am this morning to drop my car off at a car repair shop to get my check engine looked at. He then drove me to work then went back to the car repair shop to talk to the mechanic. After spending over $100, still no better but at least I now know the diagnostic code. It does nothing but whatever! So I’m going to drive it around until next Friday when I can get it into the shop. If I’m silent then I died in a fiery car accident.

Got home and finished my book Night Broken. Planned to do a bodyweight workout but my head was not into it and my neck has been hurting like the dickens.

Top of the Tower : 1/2 cardio & 2/3 Bodyweight Workout

Save the Mages :

Meal planned on Sunday & 2/2 Soda

3 sugary food

Look for survivors :

Food Log

12oz Coffee w/cream and splenda

Half a Turkey Sandwich, mac salad, & string cheese wrapped in prosciutto

Pesto Tortellini & Corn

Apple Pie

6c water

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Happienumber said:

O_O yikes!!!! 100 dollars for not even fixing anything??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yeah that pissed me off so bad. I mean if all you are going to do is check the check engine light code, wtf are you doing charging $109 for it! I think I might need to invest in one of those...Hopefully next Friday they tell me it's a cheap fix. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Mmmmm pesto tortellini 

It was very yummy!

• Like 1

Week 3 Day 7

Stressed out day full of errands and shit that needed to get done. Barely had time to get in SOME workout so I could at least get my challenge checked off. Kind of a pathetic workout but it was something and my knees hurt.

Top of the Tower : 2/2 cardio & 3/3 Bodyweight Workout

30 min walk 1 mile

10 Calf Raises - Hold for 3-5 seconds

10 Leg Swings

10s Wide Squat

2 Wrist Extensions - Hold for 3-5 seconds

Bodyweight Squat - 3x10

Save the Mages :

Meal planned on Sunday & 2/2 Soda

1 sugary food

Look for survivors :

Food Log

Half a Turkey Sandwich & mac salad

Enchilada and Rice

Apple Pie

6c water

• Like 2

There are some auto part stores that'll check the codes for free too, always pisses me off mechanic shops (specifically and especially chain shops) seem to take advantage of everything. Say one I was at for a discounted oil change (otherwise done myself) they also had a laundry list of $700 worth of stuff needing fixed or id die in a fiery crash. Turns out the following visit none of that stuff needed fixing because all new stuff was going to cause the fiery crash now. It's a reason I learned to do everything but replace an transmission in my car (and It won me a few bucks with the guys at the parts shop to come back with the job done and my nails still in tact). Ugh. Bastards. But man it feels good when they do the whole "you woman me man me know about cars" chest pounding in a condescending manner and I get to use my car knowledge to shock em into silence rather than keep em in "car salesman mode". I hope your car is fixed quickly and easily!

• Like 2

I say YEAH!!! for the "pathetic" workout.  Getting in a workout on a busy day, when you really didn't want to is a GREAT workout.

When you wrap the cheese stick in prosciutto do you bake it? I love it that way.  Crispy and melty.  

Hope you get good news on the car.  When our AC went down we had to pay $89 just to have some one come take a look at it.  I hate that!

Week 4 Day 1
Went grocery shopping and cleaned the floor. Finished doing all my laundry, which was like 10 loads. Did some dishes and got stuff ready for cooking tomorrow. Played DAI and almost finished Fire Touched. 

Top of the Tower : 0/2 cardio & 0/3 Bodyweight Workout
Save the Mages :
Meal planned on Sunday & 0/2 Soda
2 sugary food
Look for survivors :

Food Log
Cereal
2 soft pretzels
Large Raspberry Lemonade
4c water

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Fenyx said:

There are some auto part stores that'll check the codes for free too, always pisses me off mechanic shops (specifically and especially chain shops) seem to take advantage of everything. Say one I was at for a discounted oil change (otherwise done myself) they also had a laundry list of $700 worth of stuff needing fixed or id die in a fiery crash. Turns out the following visit none of that stuff needed fixing because all new stuff was going to cause the fiery crash now. It's a reason I learned to do everything but replace an transmission in my car (and It won me a few bucks with the guys at the parts shop to come back with the job done and my nails still in tact). Ugh. Bastards. But man it feels good when they do the whole "you woman me man me know about cars" chest pounding in a condescending manner and I get to use my car knowledge to shock em into silence rather than keep em in "car salesman mode". I hope your car is fixed quickly and easily!

Yeah I didn't know where there was a place that does it for free and I was not sure if my car would make the drive. I didn't even deal with the shop, luckily my dad was off work and was able to check it in. But yeah I get the he-man thing. The guy wouldn't even look at me when he was describing what they did do. Dealerships do that as well when you try to buy cars as well. I always bring my dad when I buy cars because I know nothing about them but ultimately the sales guy has to convince me not my dad. My dad usually just comes to make sure the sales person doesn't try to pull a fast one. 

5 hours ago, Lightning said:

I say YEAH!!! for the "pathetic" workout.  Getting in a workout on a busy day, when you really didn't want to is a GREAT workout.

When you wrap the cheese stick in prosciutto do you bake it? I love it that way.  Crispy and melty.  

Hope you get good news on the car.  When our AC went down we had to pay $89 just to have some one come take a look at it.  I hate that!

I actually bought the cheese and prosciutto pre-warpped. I do have a recipe to wrap asparagus and lightly cook it on the stove top to make it crunchy. 

5 more days and I'll find out! 

• Like 2

Aw I'm sorry about the car! That is super frustrating. Are you still on a warranty? If so bring your receipt to the dealer at your service and ask them to reimburse you. Because what the ever living heck.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

17 hours ago, karinajean said:

Aw I'm sorry about the car! That is super frustrating. Are you still on a warranty? If so bring your receipt to the dealer at your service and ask them to reimburse you. Because what the ever living heck.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

Thanks and no the warranty expired end of January. It's a known issue and I'm going to look into lemon laws since the issue I'm currently having has been happened since April 2014 and I bought the darn car brand new January 2013. Plus I have already had recall issues with the transmission and replacement parts already. 

6 hours ago, raptron said:

Wah for car troubles. :( Your goals look like they are going strong even if you are stressed out right now! 

This last week is going to be a tough one with car stress but got to keep my eye on the prize! :) 

• Like 1

Week 4 Day 2

Got up super early to make my Mexican Corn on the Cob for a potluck with the fam. Finished a book and watched some Lost Girl. Started to drive to my gramps house when my car decided to flash the check engine light again and tell me Transmission Fail Service Now. Got off the freeway because it started running rough and parked to call my dad. Decided to just go home but I couldn’t go in reverse. Yeah that was fun. I did learn that turning it on and off again works sometimes with cars...Finally got home and spent the rest of the night lounging around watching Lost Girl. Ordered pizza because I was not prepared to eat dinner or lunch at home. Finished the night by starting a new book and waiting for fireworks to die down so I could actually get some sleep.

Top of the Tower : 0/2 cardio & 0/3 Bodyweight Workout

Save the Mages :

Meal planned on Sunday & 1/2 Soda

2 sugary food

Look for survivors :

Food Log

Cereal

Corn on the Cob

Pizza and breadsticks

Soda

4c water

A little late but oh well. 

fde6fcd90e2299c19d3b30c6ab031749.gif

Week 3 Review

Shades and Blood Mages taken care of, Boss Abomination destroyed and we even managed to save 7 survivors. We cleared the 3rd floor and are heading to the top. First Enchanter Irving and a few of the other mages are being held by the Demon and we need to break them free and hope their minds are still with them.

Stressful end to the week but I made it and barely. I hit all my goals but i’m not feeling very motivated to have a great last week of the challenge. That needs to end and I really need to learn how to deal with stress besides moping around, eating like an asshole and reading romance novels.

Top of the Tower : 2/2 Cardio days & 3/3 Bodyweight Workouts : To the top of the tower!

Save the Mages : Meal Plan on Sunday & 7/7 Tracked food days  : 3rd floor cleared of Shades and blood mages!

Meal Planning like a boss but still horrible follow through.

Kick the Abominations out : Limit Sugary foods: 3rd floor Boss Abomination destroyed!

Doing fairly well with this goal but I know some days I struggled. 

Look for survivors : 7 survivors found!

No CC purchases for 3 whole weeks and plan to make another payment next week!

• Like 3